User panel stuff on forum
  51 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2008-04-20, 21:49
121 posts

May 2006
I'm willing to get a new mice.. my old MS 3.0 is cool.. but somewhat it feels weird sometimes.. and my aim isn't as smooth and precise as it could be from times to times.. that causes me to oscilate a lot on my efficience in game.. and just sucks.. i think maybe i need some smaller and softer mice .. with some brand new sensor tecnology and stuff to get me on a stable level of playing .. since my lastest two mices were microsoft's (non-optical wheel mouse / ms 3.0 ) and i've been using my 3.0 for about 5 years or so.. i'm thinking about getting something different now ( and i'm quite convinced razer and logitech are the best options on nowadays ) .. i picked these two models as they are the ultimate release's of each brands.. i've googled and googled and couldn't find some review that took both mices into comparison .. so i'm expecting to hear from anyone that has some experience on these two.. or that have an eye on them as well.. and try to make up my mind on each one should be better for me..

i'm quite an indecise guy.. and like things as simple as possible.. but also i really like to have the options open.. i see on G9 a bounch of more options.. as it can be used on three different shapes and has its customizable weight .. but again.. i think that I would go nuts jumping from different settings all the time and probably would be harder to get ajusted/convienced of the better way / setting.. but i don't know..

4000dpi sensor from lachesis seems to be unique.. and its shape is really good..

well.. any opinion?
. - - -- Words are stones in my Mouth.. -- - - . [url=http://profile.xfire.com/katataniel][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/katataniel
2008-04-21, 00:31
284 posts

Oct 2006
FatefuL wrote:
I'm willing to get a new mice.. my old MS 3.0 is cool.. but somewhat it feels weird sometimes.. and my aim isn't as smooth and precise as it could be from times to times.. that causes me to oscilate a lot on my efficience in game.. and just sucks.. i think maybe i need some smaller and softer mice .. with some brand new sensor tecnology and stuff to get me on a stable level of playing .. since my lastest two mices were microsoft's (non-optical wheel mouse / ms 3.0 ) and i've been using my 3.0 for about 5 years or so.. i'm thinking about getting something different now ( and i'm quite convinced razer and logitech are the best options on nowadays ) .. i picked these two models as they are the ultimate release's of each brands.. i've googled and googled and couldn't find some review that took both mices into comparison .. so i'm expecting to hear from anyone that has some experience on these two.. or that have an eye on them as well.. and try to make up my mind on each one should be better for me..

i'm quite an indecise guy.. and like things as simple as possible.. but also i really like to have the options open.. i see on G9 a bounch of more options.. as it can be used on three different shapes and has its customizable weight .. but again.. i think that I would go nuts jumping from different settings all the time and probably would be harder to get ajusted/convienced of the better way / setting.. but i don't know..

4000dpi sensor from lachesis seems to be unique.. and its shape is really good..

well.. any opinion?

Umm, haven't you read any reviews? At least the lachesis hasn't received nearly as good reviews as its predecessor Razer Deathadder. DA has a solid optical sensor as opposed to an overhyped laser and isn't trying to be a nice fit for both hands - and therefore making the shape worse for right-moused players.

Personally I wouldn't recommend either mouse. The weight system in G9 is generally a wasted feature, while the free rolling scroll wheel and two different shells are actually quite nice. If the G9 had better feet and an optical sensor, I could recommend it But since the feet are considerably worse than G5's and I managed to get the laser to skip on various surfaces with medium sensitivity, I simply can't recommend it :/ Even G5 performed noticeably better (and has the ~best feet)

I can however very easily recommend the Deathadder. Even though it's a Razer (bad build track record), it's the most solid one of their mice I've ever had / tried. Had no problems with build quality, drivers, sensor etc. The feet are among the best ever, tracking is nice on all the surfaces I've tried, shape and texture are among the best as well.

So maybe:
Razer Deathadder vs. Logitech G5 (updated edition)
2008-04-21, 01:47
252 posts

Dec 2006
mx518 outperforms the g5 and has more buttons. Deathadder outperforms them both, but I prefer the mx shape (mx518/g5 etc) and need at least six buttons, but deathadder's unsurpassed tracking is a necessity for low sensitivity players.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2008-04-21, 03:09
1329 posts

Apr 2006
niomic wrote:
[The weight system in G9 is generally a wasted feature,

Hello there, G5...

niomic wrote:
while the free rolling scroll wheel and two different shells are actually quite nice.

The scroll thingy is not really useable for gaming, however it's great for surfing the net and large pages/forums. Precision grip ftw.

niomic wrote:
If the G9 had better feet and an optical sensor, I could recommend it

There's actually nothing wrong with the sensor. It is as good and more accurate than the one on G5. Sure, it can have problems with certain surfaces but it's nothing firmware update won't solve (remember original G5 firmware? it couldn't read A SINGLE plastic pad before the 1.01 firmware release. Yes, I had it back then and it just didn't work.).

niomic wrote:
But since the feet are considerably worse than G5's ........ Even G5 performed noticeably better (and has the ~best feet)

Half-truth. Sure, G9 default feet have more friction than G5 default feet on plastic surfaces. However G9's feet are superior to those of G5's when being used at an aluminum pad (steelpad sx for example) or a glass pad (icemat). Pay a few euros for steelpad glide ms feet and attach them on top of the g9 feet if you want more glide, but it's a tradeoff for glass/aluminum surfaces. Tbh after using g9 for few months and then trying to use G5 feels pretty much horrible due to G5's big size. I can't say I miss anything that G5 had because G9 has all the other aspects better with the exception of default feet, the thing you probably would want to change anyway for better suited glide for your purposes.

EDIT: Not that I'd recommend buying G9, it's just too pricey at this moment. If you can find one below 50 euros then one could consider it, otherwise seems a bit waste of money.
Servers: Troopers
2008-04-21, 04:32
401 posts

Mar 2006
Razer Diamondback beats them all
2008-04-21, 07:43
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
MS IE 3.0 ftw is all I can say. Had plans on changing a while, but then I changed my mind, the mouse really owns in Quake .
Make sure you use 500Hz.
2008-04-21, 09:51
5 posts

Apr 2008
Google "[Mouse here] review" to get unbiased opinions, but you probably already did that.
Personally I just went from the MSIE 3.0 at an Icemat Black (1st edition) to the SteelSeries Ikari Laser at a QPAD CT Large. Great mouse, and freemove (which some other mices also has) is a nice feature. The changeable CPI is also great.
The transition from my MSIE 3.0 to the Ikari was smooth, didn't have to get used to any weird shape (though it looks weird).

I've heard many good things about the Deathadder as well, but never tried one for more than 10 minutes.

Deathadder vs. G5 vs. Ikari Laser. (Images from above)
2008-04-21, 09:56
231 posts

Jan 2006
Get the Deathadder, you will be satisfied.
2008-04-21, 15:01
121 posts

May 2006
fog wrote:
MS IE 3.0 ftw is all I can say. Had plans on changing a while, but then I changed my mind, the mouse really owns in Quake .
Make sure you use 500Hz.

about that.. my MS 3.0 just won't get stable 500hz.. and i use a USB keyboard that gets a bit messed up when i set hz to 500... it just dies out of nothing and i have to unplug and plug it again for it to get back on the works.

anyone have had problems with other stuff due to the Hz change ?
. - - -- Words are stones in my Mouth.. -- - - . [url=http://profile.xfire.com/katataniel][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/katataniel
2008-04-21, 18:03
99 posts

Feb 2006
Dont buy the lachesis, mine was totally fucked up. Returned it the day after I bought it. Seems to be ALOT of problems with it.
2008-04-21, 18:56
121 posts

May 2006
good to know.. i guess Death Adder is winning on overall mices around for gamming?
2008-04-21, 20:20
284 posts

Oct 2006
Renzo wrote:
niomic wrote:
[The weight system in G9 is generally a wasted feature,

Hello there, G5...

Was simply commenting on original poster's opinion of the modifiability of G9.

Renzo wrote:
niomic wrote:
while the free rolling scroll wheel and two different shells are actually quite nice.

The scroll thingy is not really useable for gaming, however it's great for surfing the net and large pages/forums. Precision grip ftw.

If you use scroll wheel for adjusting three different item timers, quad, rl, (pent/high-rl), then the free scrolling becomes really useful. Outside of that, not so useful for gaming - true.

Renzo wrote:
niomic wrote:
If the G9 had better feet and an optical sensor, I could recommend it

There's actually nothing wrong with the sensor. It is as good and more accurate than the one on G5. Sure, it can have problems with certain surfaces but it's nothing firmware update won't solve (remember original G5 firmware? it couldn't read A SINGLE plastic pad before the 1.01 firmware release. Yes, I had it back then and it just didn't work.).

I can actually admit that I _might_ be mistaken here. I don't think it's very likely since I distinctly remember updating or checking for updates for firmware on all these mice: G5, G9, Habu, Deathadder, Diamondback. Maybe I was too early? I got my G9 almost as soon as it was in stores in Finland, so maybe that's at fault, also didn't check later on because on some of my pads the tracking was fine and I quickly switched to another mouse again If that's the case, great, because I always enjoyed G5 tracking feel.

Renzo wrote:
niomic wrote:
But since the feet are considerably worse than G5's ........ Even G5 performed noticeably better (and has the ~best feet)

Half-truth. Sure, G9 default feet have more friction than G5 default feet on plastic surfaces. However G9's feet are superior to those of G5's when being used at an aluminum pad (steelpad sx for example) or a glass pad (icemat). Pay a few euros for steelpad glide ms feet and attach them on top of the g9 feet if you want more glide, but it's a tradeoff for glass/aluminum surfaces. Tbh after using g9 for few months and then trying to use G5 feels pretty much horrible due to G5's big size. I can't say I miss anything that G5 had because G9 has all the other aspects better with the exception of default feet, the thing you probably would want to change anyway for better suited glide for your purposes.

Haven't had any aluminum pads or tried the G9 with icemat. I did put steelseries feet on the G9 and it felt really nice on all my pads, but I was making a point about the feet the mouse comes with out of the box

I really hope you are correct about the firmware + tracking issues, cos that might sway me to use G9 if and when I come back once again
2008-04-22, 06:20
401 posts

Mar 2006
fog wrote:
Make sure you use 500Hz.

Yeah 3.0 is awesome. Its very similar to DA but it has lower lift-off distance (which is good). DA has better positioned side button so neither is perfect. I have both and for Quake they are excellent for someone with average size hands.
2008-04-22, 06:22
401 posts

Mar 2006
mawe wrote:
Dont buy the lachesis, mine was totally fucked up. Returned it the day after I bought it. Seems to be ALOT of problems with it.

Same here. I either got broken mouse or Lachesis totally sucks.
2008-04-22, 15:54
1 post

Apr 2008
Mines worked without a hitch dunno why so many people are having problems.
Then again alot of people tend to complain about the mouse moving when clicking lmao thats just cause 4000 dpi is a bit much for them. =/
2008-04-22, 16:06
793 posts

Feb 2006
i just checked, i'm using the cherry m5400. the grey model. it has two buttons and a scroll wheel. it has never failed me, except i sometimes forget to plug it into my laptop before i start up qw.
2008-04-22, 17:17
229 posts

Aug 2007
Deathadder for the win.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2008-04-22, 20:17
303 posts

Jun 2007
Nights85 wrote:
Mines worked without a hitch dunno why so many people are having problems.
Then again alot of people tend to complain about the mouse moving when clicking lmao thats just cause 4000 dpi is a bit much for them. =/

4000 dpi is insane, and if you are not in to some serious digital graphic stuff i don't think it's useful at all. Actually, i think crosshair movement when clicking is a serious problem in games like cs or cod - it makes harder to hit enemy with hitscan weapons (especially sniper rifles).
2008-05-07, 03:51
4 posts

May 2008
lol...i signed up just to defend the Lachesis.

I don't even know where to begin to argue such ignorance. Did you people even try to change the settings before talking negative about the Lachesis?

I had the same problem with the cursor moving upon clicking when I first used it.....and 60 seconds later?
I fixed the problem.

It has nothing to do with the DPI settings, I set it to 4000 DPI and I don't have the problem.
You have to lower the "Sensitivity" option in the Lachesis settings. It is the direct cause of the crosshair movement upon clicking the mouse.

Try it, you'll feel stupid for judging ignorantly.

-------------------

Also, the Lachesis outperforms the DeathAdder in many ways. Obviously the shape will take a while to get used to as with any new mouse after using a certain kind of other shape. It took me 2 days or so to fully master comfortability with the mouse. I play Warcraft 3 ladder, an RTS game that requires probably the highest combination of micromanagement, fast paced mouse movement, high APM (actions per minute), and accurate click-requirements. FPS games don't even come close to War3 ladder in terms of skill-cap as a gamer. So yes, I've tested this Lachesis on such a game and it works wonders.

My war3 record account:
http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth&PlayerName=BLooDCalibuR

-------------------

As for the Optical vs Laser aspect.
Read official reviews on the laser used in the Lachesis, it outperforms any other laser tracking out there and even has lower "lift-off" requirement than OPTICAL sensors (about 1-2 millimeters).
2008-05-07, 05:09
401 posts

Mar 2006
BLooDCalibuR wrote:

I don't even know where to begin to argue such ignorance. Did you people even try to change the settings before talking negative about the Lachesis?

I had the same problem with the cursor moving upon clicking when I first used it.....and 60 seconds later?
I fixed the problem.

My Lachesis was simply fucked, it skipped during the game AND on desktop and yes I tried all dpi settings and 2 diff pads.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with the DPI settings, I set it to 4000 DPI and I don't have the problem.
You have to lower the "Sensitivity" option in the Lachesis settings. It is the direct cause of the crosshair movement upon clicking the mouse.

Try it, you'll feel stupid for judging ignorantly.

-------------------

Quote:
Also, the Lachesis outperforms the DeathAdder in many ways. Obviously the shape will take a while to get used to as with any new mouse after using a certain kind of other shape. It took me 2 days or so to fully master comfortability with the mouse.

Quote:
I play Warcraft 3 ladder, an RTS game that requires probably the highest combination of micromanagement, fast paced mouse movement, high APM (actions per minute), and accurate click-requirements. FPS games don't even come close to War3 ladder in terms of skill-cap as a gamer.

Well you should just fuck off then if you gonna have that attitude. I hope this is your last post here. Go back to your shitty rts. Starcraft shits all over war3 anyway.

Quote:
So yes, I've tested this Lachesis on such a game and it works wonders.
It may be better than DA but my Diamondback blows Lachesis away. I play so much better with DB than with Lachesis. Its got a better sensor that NEVER skips and better shape.

My war3 record account:
http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth&PlayerName=BLooDCalibuR

-------------------
Quote:
As for the Optical vs Laser aspect.
Read official reviews on the laser used in the Lachesis, it outperforms any other laser tracking out there and even has lower "lift-off" requirement than OPTICAL sensors (about 1-2 millimeters).

It sure doesn't beat DB's and MX518's 1600dpi sensor. And why should I trust a reviewer to tell me which is better? I use my own computer and equipment to test this.
2008-05-07, 06:41
89 posts

Jul 2007
i have a razer lachesis aswell, and when i just got it it had these "jumps" of the cursor movements and what not, but it was easy to fix with a quick and painless firmware update.
on the other hand there was a small cosmetic fault of my mouse, the led in the mousewheen doesnt work at all, but i wont be having any sleepless nights over that to be honest.
test one two.
2008-05-07, 06:42
4 posts

May 2008
Quote:
My Lachesis was simply fucked, it skipped during the game AND on desktop and yes I tried all dpi settings and 2 diff pads.

That or you simply fuCCed up somewhere in the installation.

Quote:
Well you should just fuck off then if you gonna have that attitude. I hope this is your last post here. Go back to your shitty rts. Starcraft shits all over war3 anyway.

That's why all the former world top Starcraft champs who tried to dominate in the Warcraft 3 ladder scene and failed horrible only to end up as part of the mediocre population right? Decent at best. SC is more massing, it doesn't touch up anywhere near the micro and mathematical calculations during a single game of Wc3 ladder.

My point in that post was that the Lachesis performed extremely well on a game that actually gave a good test to a mouse's performance gaming-wise. But I see you're all butt hurt cuz I mentioned your little FPS requires nowhere near the individual skill level Wc3 ladder does? lawl.

-------------------
Quote:
It sure doesn't beat DB's and MX518's 1600dpi sensor. And why should I trust a reviewer to tell me which is better? I use my own computer and equipment to test this.

Yeah, because simply saying so really proves it right?
I've tried the Razer DeathAdder, Copperhead, Lachesis, the Logitech MX518, MX5, G5, and G9. The Lachesis outperforms all of them from my experience on Warcraft 3 ladder, going at 400+ APM (Actions Per Minute). This was all done on the same mousepad as well. Ask any other world pro gamer and they'll tell you the popular over-exaggerated quote: "a Razer mouse is worth more than skill". It's an exaggeration obviously, but it's not a coincidence many of the world's top gamers prefer RAZER mice.

Just to put icing on the cake, I also own the RAZER Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphones (with the mic) and it works godly wonders in pinpointing the direction from which the sound came from. My point? Razer products seem to have great performance and quality. And from my experience, most of the problems people encounter with Razer products are the fact that they didn't set the settings to suit their needs properly or install it properly (for instance the crossair effect which comes from the Sensitivity being 10 out of 10 by default, which makes most people ignorantly think it has anything to do with the DPI). Basically what I'm saying is that most these problems people are having are problems I've already fixed and once you get past that you'll see truly why the top gamers prefer Razer mice over Logitech any day.
2008-05-07, 07:45
401 posts

Mar 2006
BLooDCalibuR wrote:
But I see you're all butt hurt cuz I mentioned your little FPS requires nowhere near the individual skill level Wc3 ladder does? lawl.

Ok lets test that theory. Connect to 210.50.4.11:27503 and lets have a little duel on dm4 or aerowalk shall we?. Actually no, lets play on American server (you sound like a typical dumbfuck American).

Quote:
Just to put icing on the cake, I also own the RAZER Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphones (with the mic) and it works godly wonders in pinpointing the direction from which the sound came from. My point? Razer products seem to have great performance and quality. And from my experience, most of the problems people encounter with Razer products are the fact that they didn't set the settings to suit their needs properly or install it properly (for instance the crossair effect which comes from the Sensitivity being 10 out of 10 by default, which makes most people ignorantly think it has anything to do with the DPI). Basically what I'm saying is that most these problems people are having are problems I've already fixed and once you get past that you'll see truly why the top gamers prefer Razer mice over Logitech any day.

WTF do you work for Razer? I have 3 Razer mice and 2 of them are great. I prefer Razer over Logi actually. I love my DA and DB. Lachesis is shit tho.

Why are you mentioning you have Barracuda? Why would you tell anyone you have crappy low-fi equipment? For your information I have audiophile grade BeyerDynamic 770pro, BeyerDynamic 990pro and Audio-Technica A900 phones that sound so much better than Cuda. Cuda = low-fi, My phones = hi-fi.

next.
2008-05-07, 10:09
202 posts

Dec 2006
Hey BLooDCalibuR can you please fuck off. Thanks.
2008-05-07, 10:50
4 posts

May 2008
Quote:
Ok lets test that theory. Connect to 210.50.4.11:27503 and lets have a little duel on dm4 or aerowalk shall we?. Actually no, lets play on American server (you sound like a typical dumbfuck American).

Right, because I'm gonna install a game just to play games I've never played on before to duel against someone who's experienced in it right off the bat just to prove who has better mouse. Kid, im the former world top soloist of War3 solo ladder, that means I've alrdy been King of **Games**. **nothing** has more overall individual skill than war3 ladder =/. Simply contorlling one character runnning aruond shooting shit is nowhere near as complex rofl.

Quote:
WTF do you work for Razer? I have 3 Razer mice and 2 of them are great. I prefer Razer over Logi actually. I love my DA and DB. Lachesis is shit tho.

next.

YOUR Lachesis was shit or you were being the typical ignorant sub-100 IQ 3rd world country faggot that couldn't figure shit out properly LOL.

And if you're gonna talk shit about americans, you're just another 3rd world hypocrite, wanna know why? You buy american shit, you play american games, and you use american products. In fact, your fuCCin Operating System is american. That's right, keep talking shit without thinking before speaking, you just sound more and more ignorant. This is why you can't have an actual intelligent argument without getting butt hurt.

If u wanna talk about gaming skills, like I said:
http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth&PlayerName=bloodcalibur

Nuff said.
2008-05-07, 11:06
793 posts

Feb 2006
http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/keyboards/Desktop/Power_Wheel_Mice/index.htm
the cherry takes the cake. /o/
2008-05-07, 11:26
1100 posts

Jan 2006
Evacuate all fish or bLoODCalIbUR might just eat them!
2008-05-07, 11:59
705 posts

Feb 2006
BLooDCalibuR wrote:

FPS games don't even come close to War3 ladder in terms of skill-cap as a gamer. So yes, I've tested this Lachesis on such a game and it works wonders.

Fucking hilarious the skill you can achieve in QuakeWorld is not _possible_ to master not even close, you can't hit the roof of skill in any aspect of the game. Mark my words, a beginner in any game will get beaten the most in QW.
And there's an always evolving of the game play tricks etc going in since '96.
2008-05-07, 12:28
51 posts

Nov 2006
i just have to say:
bwahahahahahaha ... hahahgahahaahhaahaha
HAHA!
the 1st time qw.nu forums are worth reading
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2008-05-07, 12:40
1329 posts

Apr 2006
BLooDCalibuR wrote:
Nuff said.

Indeed.

This is a QuakeWorld related forum and you come here to 1) boast about how "great" WC3 is compared to QW and 2) bash our game and 3) get into flamewars.

Wrong place to start flamewars, have a nice vacation. Come back next month if you're more interested in QW and less interested in flaming us.

@ povohat & terrorhead: that's not the way to behave or go into their flamewar attempts.
Servers: Troopers
  51 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page