User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Rookies' Corner
2008-04-07, 19:46
12 posts

Mar 2008
In some maps it is very possible to have to quad quiet often if not all the time. I think the map is E3M3, or E3M4, its the map with the graveyard in the middle. The map makes a big box, with one corner that has a teleporter to the red armor.

In that map there are like 3 or 4 quads. Learn the map, learn where the quads are at - then run in a big circle between the quads.

WARNING - if you grab the quad too much, you will be labeled a quad hog. No body likes a quad hog. I have found that people that whine about the quads usually do not know where it was at.

Where is the red armor at? If you ask yourself "what map m I talking about" - you already lost.

Where is the RL at? If you have to ask "What is the RL?" - you already lost.

Noobs - do not use the RL with quad. That is for advanced users only. Lightening gun, super nail gun and double barrel shotgun work well with the quad. This will help prevent you from blowing yourself up.

When you respawn, where are you at in the map and what is closest to your location? Armor is here, weapons are there, but what is closest and which is one do you get? The nail gun might be close, but the Red Armor might be just a little further away. So why waste time with the nail gun? Grab that RA before someone else does, then grab a weapon. The primary weapon should be the rocket launcher. So grab the RA, then work your way towards the RL, quad, super health.

Primary considerations should be power ups - RA, RL, Thunderbolt, pentegram of protection, quad, super health, ring of invisiblity (not in that exact order).

Secondary considerations are getting the frags between the power ups.
2008-04-07, 20:26
36 posts

Jan 2006
i find this really usefull, now i can start pwning all of you fools!
oooOO
2008-04-07, 21:40
37 posts

Jul 2007
I been playing for some time, but still a newb.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/planetetf/RBnew.png

[url=http://profile.xfire.com/johnnymullet][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/johnn
2008-04-08, 07:39
569 posts

Feb 2006
i read this guide, afterwards i was topfragging vs cmt in nqr.
2008-04-08, 12:33
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
this gave me new perspective to develop my gameplay, thanks!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2008-04-08, 12:53
793 posts

Feb 2006
it actually says "Rookies' Corner" in forum description, so no need to get overly sarcastic.
2008-04-08, 18:08
685 posts

Jul 2007
Right dEus. The topicstarter just knows that there are indeed people online who are just running around randomly and shoot things and blame people who always win for cheating

Another good advice would be to spectate and learn how good players are playing and why exactly they win. I've spectated for months and now it has started to pay off 'cause I seem to score better and better in maps I know, even when I don't have quad.

And don't forget the movement! To get the items you must be able to move fast, but that's probably step two because I've seen some people doing very well purely because of smart playing and knowing the map.

What I'd like to know is how the hell some people who live in the same country as me (NL) get such low ping.... Sure, ISP's are different, but there must be more to it?
2008-04-09, 16:04
99 posts

Feb 2006
bps you damn quadhog!
  8 posts on 1 page  1