User panel stuff on forum
  16 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2008-03-31, 16:27
121 posts

May 2006
Hi there.. i've always edited my qwz/qwd demos with qizmo in order to get the piece i wanted with the exatcly shot/trick/fun stuff/whatever i wanted to show up to my mates.. but i've just quited using autorecord command.. and now i just get the mvd from the sv.. but there's that little problem.. i no longer know how to edit the mvd.. and extract only the piece i want .. i used to run the qwd/qwz with qizmo and then record the piece i wanted during the demoplay.. we all know that qizmo just does not support MVD.. so i would like to know if there's any way of doing it .. or i'll just have do stick to demo-capture commands and make avi's out of the mvd demos.. ( wich is bad.. becouse even with compression file gets way bigger than a simple qwz/mvd )

Thanks...
. - - -- Words are stones in my Mouth.. -- - - . [url=http://profile.xfire.com/katataniel][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/katataniel
2008-04-03, 00:17
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
I don't think you can cut out stuff from a mvd atleast not using ezQuake, i might be wrong, but atleast last time i looked into it, it wasnt possible.

Maybe you can do it in other clients. You can however save the demo time and use demo_jump when you want to showoff cool frags
2008-04-03, 03:08
227 posts

Mar 2007
That happens to be a cool feature of the Q3 hack called Q3sdc. It basically was a wrapper for quake3.exe and when used as the server recorded MVDs. Clients could record but with the usual caveats about the recording client not knowing everything that was going on unless it was right in his vicinity. When playing the demos you could use your regular record script in the demo replay and record snippets of the demo.

I certainly wish the russian guy that made that mod would update it using the since-released q3 source. When he did release it it was considered contraband iirc because he used some "purloined" quake3 code.
2008-04-03, 13:14
1435 posts

Jan 2006
One option is to use FTEQTV to play the MVD demo and connect to the proxy with QW protocol and record client-side QWD demo from the moment you want (I guess you have to wait until the playback gets to that moment though - as I don't know any demo_jump command in there)

Another option is to wait for Cokeman to finish his mvdparser, he promised this function on this forum once IIRC.
2008-04-04, 21:44
271 posts

Feb 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
One option is to use FTEQTV to play the MVD demo and connect to the proxy with QW protocol and record client-side QWD demo from the moment you want (I guess you have to wait until the playback gets to that moment though - as I don't know any demo_jump command in there)

Supposedly, just connect to qtv via qizmo, and get the qtv to play the mvd to your qizmo client to convert it to qwd/qwz.
Additionally, there's a demospeed stream setting which can be used to change the stream playback, which can be used to fast forward to the bits you want (although not a specific jump, and it requires rcon).
If you're hardcore, you can record demos from the qtv in mvd format instead, which would be lossless (mvd->qwd is lossy due to resampling - qwd needs to use a higher framerate). But doing so requires excelent timing due to the buffering in qtv's mvd handling.
moo
2008-04-04, 22:35
113 posts

Apr 2006
Qqshka added support for mvd extraction today to the ezquake client.

[21:07] <CIA-3> qqshka * r3550 /trunk/ezquake/ (cl_demo.c cl_main.c cl_parse.c client.h):
[21:07] <CIA-3> 1) Add possibility cut particular part of MVD demo, just start MVd playback then use "/mvdrecord filename", when you done use /mvdstop command. This also allow save QTV games as MVD demo with ezquake.
[21:07] <CIA-3> 2) Now ezquake can playback multy map MVDs.

You should be able to try it in the nightly release that's compiled later today. It's only available in trunk so consider it highly experimental for now =)
biomass
2008-04-04, 23:54
227 posts

Mar 2007
Wow, good news, thanks!
2008-04-05, 15:57
84 posts

Jan 2006
latest ezquake 2.0 alpha can record extracts from Mvd demos.
2008-04-06, 16:37
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
PlaZmaZ wrote:
Now if only we could record qwd's from an mvd (or convert them somehow) :}

Why would you want qwd?
2008-04-06, 16:41
355 posts

Jun 2006
Zalon wrote:
PlaZmaZ wrote:

Why would you want qwd?

Because if a student of mine (hehe) wants me to go over a demo with him, we need to use qizmo which only plays .qwd and .qwz. The problem with QTV is that it's much more of a trouble to setup For some reason, they forget to match_save the games in question a lot :[
2008-04-06, 16:57
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
A student of yours? Do you run a qw school?

QTV shouldnt be that hard to set up, maybe someone who knows something about it should do a zip with a qtv setup
2008-04-06, 17:16
271 posts

Feb 2006
PlaZmaZ wrote:

ffs
moo
2008-04-06, 17:20
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Spike wrote:
PlaZmaZ wrote:

ffs

Yeah i think Spike already explained how to do that
2008-04-06, 17:45
355 posts

Jun 2006
Zalon wrote:
Spike wrote:
PlaZmaZ wrote:

ffs

Yeah i think Spike already explained how to do that

Yep, apparently I must have missed that post when I posted. I still need to learn how to setup qtv though ;[ Oh well, about time I did that I guess
2008-04-06, 19:13
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Zalon wrote:
QTV shouldnt be that hard to set up, maybe someone who knows something about it should do a zip with a qtv setup

Closer examination reveals that it has been done a long time ago, even if the project space has been updated regularly ever since.
Servers: Troopers
2008-04-07, 01:58
715 posts

May 2006
It's extremely easy to setup a QTV. Either click Renzo's links, or if you choose FTEQTV there is a stable build here.

For example my config looks like this: http://www.pastebin.ca/974802
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
  16 posts on 1 page  1