User panel stuff on forum
  34 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Rookies' Corner
2010-05-02, 19:00
1100 posts

Jan 2006
tryhard wrote:
hipnotic/qwprogs.dat <--- the qwprogs from the zip Spirit provided (you don't really have to rename it no matter what the readme.txt says)

You might want to rethink that statement then. ;-P
2010-05-02, 22:59
95 posts

Jun 2006
tryhard wrote:
hi!
i followed the instructions:
ezquake-gl.exe
hipnotic/pak0.pak <-- the Scourge of Armagon pak file
hipnotic/qwprogs.dat <--- the qwprogs from the zip Spirit provided (you don't really have to rename it no matter what the readme.txt says)

Start ezquake and type in the console:
gamedir hipnotic

and the missionpack loads and everything seems to work fine til i found out that i am getting stuck on map2 so i searched the web for a walkthrough and found out that if i shoot the cubes right from the exit on the first level (= map 1) nothing happens.. i also can't destroy the pipe near the explosive cube with the rocketlauncher as i have seen in the walkthrough video.
What i first noticed was that i was not able to play the game on hard skill level, because when i jump into the room through the window there is no way for me to get any further or out of this room except starting a new game and select another skill difficulty.
In the console there are messages that might explain my problem.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1751/ezquake001.th.jpg

thank you in advance for helping me!

I know the solution: DO NOT PLAY MISSION PACKS WITH QW. QW is for multiplayer, use regular quake for single player, and you might find that everything will work just fine.
2010-05-03, 08:52
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
tryhard, as Spirit says, rename the progs... The server is trying to load spprogs.dat and yours is named qwprogs.dat, so either rename as the readme says, or use sv_progsname qwprogs
2010-05-16, 23:16
6 posts

Apr 2010
bent wrote:
I know the solution: DO NOT PLAY MISSION PACKS WITH QW. QW is for multiplayer, use regular quake for single player, and you might find that everything will work just fine.

Thank you all for your posts to my problem.
I am playing the mission packs now using glquake with reasonable settings like: -game hipnotic -width 1280 -height 1024 -bpp 32 and an autoexec.cfg (+mlook) and it works fine.
  34 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page