User panel stuff on forum
  77 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
General Discussion
2008-04-25, 08:21
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Ok, so interpolation for rockets, nails, platforms. What else is missing? We've been discussing adding interpolation for these with qqshka, but motivation to do it was missing. So you are saying if this is added, whole NQ scene moves to QW or what?
2008-04-25, 10:46
303 posts

Jun 2007
No, they won't because they are too lazy to learn how to use bunnyhop. And they play different mods, that are not popular in QW - runequake, ca, coop etc. QW scene is much more oriented about competitive gaming, NQ guys like to play various stuff, be it good or bad mods (runequake+hook+dm = bleh!). And they will always find something that is "wrong" in QW just because they are so used to NQ imperfection. Hell, many of them still use outdated proquake client.

Honestly, i think it's good that some of NQ players don't play QW, i'm talking about people who turned quakeone forums in to place of flaming and hate to each other, and i don't think that anyone want to see something like this in quakeworld.nu
2008-04-25, 10:55
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Mods are sure a way to keep some people on the scene, (I also have these moments when I don't want to play competitive and would like to play something for fun only) so yeah CSQC is maybe another things that is missing (in ezQuake, FTEQW has it).
2008-04-26, 00:06
182 posts

Mar 2006
Herb wrote:
i'm talking about people who turned quakeone forums in to place of flaming and hate to each other, and i don't think that anyone want to see something like this in quakeworld.nu

Doesn't have a thing to do with NQ or QW, I think it has something to do with the way some Americans act.

The European NQ players are incredibly nice. Europeans have always struck me as much more polite than Americans.
--------
Is that a roll of toothpicks in your pocket or are you just happy to see Sassa?
2008-04-26, 06:19
357 posts

Mar 2006
Spike wrote:
vegetous wrote:
Is NQuakers assuring NQ is better than QW cause it doesn't have jitters in the animation?

Dunno, tell em to try an fte client on an fte server with cl_nolerp 0 and see what they think.

Of course, a QW player would never want to use that setting because it requires a bit of buffering...

Exactly, on a QW server it feels like the projectile ents have cl_nolerp 1....
2008-04-26, 06:21
357 posts

Mar 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
Ok, so interpolation for rockets, nails, platforms. What else is missing? We've been discussing adding interpolation for these with qqshka, but motivation to do it was missing. So you are saying if this is added, whole NQ scene moves to QW or what?

I would play more QW for the games that are populated. But I have to nQ on my mod/servers
2008-04-26, 12:15
303 posts

Jun 2007
Baker5 wrote:
Herb wrote:
i'm talking about people who turned quakeone forums in to place of flaming and hate to each other, and i don't think that anyone want to see something like this in quakeworld.nu

Doesn't have a thing to do with NQ or QW, I think it has something to do with the way some Americans act.

The European NQ players are incredibly nice. Europeans have always struck me as much more polite than Americans.

I know that there are even chess players that are acting like total jerks, i'm just saying people like that are not welcome addition to ANY community. I don't think that it is about nationality, most of people on warsow forums are from europe and there is even more flaming that on quakeone... On the other hand Tribes guys are mostly Americans and they are helpful and friendly (too bad i was bored with Tribes after two weeks)

Seriously guys, you should do something about this problem, because i bet it isn't good for anyone.
2008-04-26, 15:56
182 posts

Mar 2006
Herb wrote:
Seriously guys, you should do something about this problem, because i bet it isn't good for anyone.

In March, enough was enough and it was time for some bans.

Too bad it had to come to that really, you'd think people that like playing would have more respect for others in the community.
--------
Is that a roll of toothpicks in your pocket or are you just happy to see Sassa?
2008-04-26, 19:47
705 posts

Feb 2006
i could give you a shell for building on my PC, if that's ok.
2008-04-26, 19:48
355 posts

Jun 2006
Herb wrote:
On the other hand Tribes guys are mostly Americans and they are helpful and friendly (too bad i was bored with Tribes after two weeks)

You must have never visited tribalwar
2008-04-29, 02:23
357 posts

Mar 2006
Here's a demo of netquake gameplay i made today of lastnights ctf-sunday games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTsHM81908
2008-04-29, 06:55
485 posts

Feb 2006
LOL, comon a lasersight...?

Back to topic... QW missiles used to be very choppy before open source. Maybe that's what some of the NQ evangelists are talking about. If the current missiles bother anyone, they are just looking for flaws.

Have to admit I had no idea someone still plays NQ in Europe. Tried to search games in ASE, but it doesn't support NQ?
2008-04-29, 07:27
1026 posts

Feb 2006
for smoothing projectiles in QW
Quote:
cl_newlerp

Description

Experimental rockets/grenades/spikes smoothing code.

Default value 0.1 means: use 90% of our 'vision' and 10% of server 'vision'. Should be OK for most case, but floating ping (see remarks)

http://ezquake.sourceforge.net/docs/?vars-graphics#cl_newlerp

NQ servers: http://www.quakeservers.net/quake/servers/
only US players i've seen playing on them.
god damn hippies >_<
2008-04-29, 09:06
226 posts

Mar 2007
Actually I can really see the difference in rockets on Sputnik's video. Btw, congratulations for the ugliest Quake I've seen so far! :-D
2008-04-29, 14:56
303 posts

Jun 2007
I see what he is talking about - rockets are flying little smoother. Little. I watched the video and i think this CTF is slow compared to QW one, even with hook enabled. So it is really about how rockets fly, or how NQ players can't adapt to faster gameplay?

btw. your Quake looks like you want to play Warsow xD
2008-04-29, 19:47
357 posts

Mar 2006
I'll take both as a complement, though the video had to be reduced from 1440x900 to 640x480, then utube mashed it more...

ill check out cl_newlerp 0.9, with some cvars i can make it alot uglier...

EDIT:

Just played a couple games at NOBODY'S something or other QW server at 47 ping, with cl_newlerp 0.5, vid_vsync 1, m_filter 1, cl_nolerp 0, etc...(NQ feel-like settings) took me a minute to get used to the friction, but in all it was quite smooth(er). But not even netQuake is perfect at interpolation. I'll probably play that server more often its FFA dm with weaponstay and nice ping, plus maps rotate
2008-04-29, 20:33
793 posts

Feb 2006
simple items look way cool imo
  77 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page