User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Help  ‹  Lachesis problem
  12 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2008-03-16, 13:52
99 posts

Feb 2006
Hi, I bought a Razer Lachesis(since my 2nd copperhead broke, go razer, dunno why I bought another mouse from them) yesterday and its totally messed up.

Firstly, mouse2 isn't even recognized when I press it. It feels like mouse1 is both mouse1 and mouse2 at the same time(so when I press it, it gives both m1 and m2 actions). I had to turn of m2 in order to use m1.

Secondly, at first, the mouse buttons were pressed down even tho I didn't touch them, so when I was browsing eg. the desktop with it the m1 would be pressed down all the time.

Just a lot of weird button issues. I'm guessing the mouse is broken, but since the shop is closed today I figured I could just check here if anyone else has had problems with it.

I find it pretty hard to explain this problem, but worth giving a shot. Hopefully someone knows something about this.

Peace out

Dont buy this mouse!
2008-03-16, 17:47
3 posts

Sep 2007
Have you tried to upgrade to latest firmware?
http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=114
2008-03-16, 18:00
99 posts

Feb 2006
Yeah
2008-03-17, 03:02
284 posts

Oct 2006
I highly recommend you return it and get the much better received Deathadder. DA is by far the best Razer I've had, not one single problem with build, drivers, skipping etc. Also the shape is better for right-handed players as opposed to the ambidextrous design of Lachesis

Lachesis is like Deathadder with worse shape and optical sensor
2008-03-17, 08:14
401 posts

Mar 2006
I have Lachesis but haven't experienced those problems. I have other problems tho. I must run mouse at 1500dpi or lower because at 4000dpi it skips and its hard to click on icons. Also sometimes it skips in-game. But shape is perfect for my small hands so I'll keep it. I have DeathAdder and its great too.

Uninstall/Install drivers and try a different USB port. Make sure you have latest firmware. Also you don't need 500hz patch with these new Razer mice.

But in your case I think you have a broken mouse. If you like the shape get a replacement if not get DeathAdder
2008-03-17, 09:30
284 posts

Oct 2006
terrorhead wrote:
I have other problems tho. I must run mouse at 1500dpi or lower because at 4000dpi it skips and its hard to click on icons. Also sometimes it skips in-game.

Fkn lasermice Why don't they just give up. From my experience it does have a lot to do with the mousepad as well, so if you really want to stretch the issue, mousemakers wouldn't be the only ones to blame. The hilarious thing about all of this is that the reason laser mice were hailed as such a good new innovation was their ability to track on all kinds of surfaces - that's really funny as even with multiple progaming mousepads, I've only really been able to make lasers skip
2008-03-17, 12:03
46 posts

Feb 2008
Laser mouses don't track on ALL kinds of surfaces. Try it on a see-thru glass table. I have one as a desk and the laser mouse won't work without a mousepad.
2008-03-19, 16:56
99 posts

Feb 2006
Hehe yeah I returned it the day after I wrote this. Got me a 3rd copperhead, too lazy to learn a new mouse
2008-03-19, 17:39
12 posts

Oct 2007
Ever thought of Logitech? ;-)
2008-03-19, 19:40
303 posts

Jun 2007
Yeah, logitech mices and keyboards are pretty good, i have the same logitech keyboard for 5 years and keys are still as responsive as when it was new. I don't have gaming mouse, with desktop pc i use the same mouse i use with laptop when i'm on the go, it's logitech cordless mini optical mouse (yeah, size does matter), it's nothing "pro" but i don't have any problems with it, it's ok.

I have once played Quake 3 with MX 518 at my friends house, i'm left-handed and it was a bit uncomfortable, but i still think this mouse rocks.
2008-03-23, 12:57
122 posts

Jan 2007
Never use cordless mause and LCD screens!
--
"Dag eats little Reloads for breakfast." (c) :-)
2008-03-24, 21:45
401 posts

Mar 2006
Well my Lachesis just died after only 2 week of use. So I'm thinking maybe the skipping and erratic movement problem I had was caused by a faulty sensor/hardware. Its very dissapointing because Lachesis has almost perfect shape for finger control style.
  12 posts on 1 page  1