User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Help  ‹  Mouse issues. . .
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2008-03-05, 21:06
137 posts

Sep 2006
As the topic says, i had a couple of weeks break and when starting again my mouse had accel back on. Yes, deactivating it was no problem(or so the tests seems to show), but it feels different everytime i boot. I have tried 3 different fixes; accelfix.exe, mouse_fix.reg and cpl_mouse_fix.reg(might be the same as previous?) and the mouse act different every time. The mouse allways feels to fast(no matter what sens m_pitch etc, only once i had it working, then after next boot with no changes it was fucked again. That was after running accelfix.exe and not rebooting, that however havent worked since. (says its disabled though)
The mouse seems to turn faster if i look up or down, and be dependent on how much angle i have and movementspeed. When going straight its pretty descent, but still abit "jumpy and fast". Every night since i have tried all those fixes but never had any luck. (like 5 reboots a night)
Its still playable, but have to compensate every aim and movement, making the experience very unpleasent compared to how nice i know it can be. Only good thing is that i somehow rjump much higher, like on dm2 bigroom to high is much much easier then usuall.. I have tried installing drivers, unistalling drivers, tried fixes, dinput etc etc, but running out of patiance, and most of all ideas and time to spare

Still cant understand why it worked 1 single night, and not again with the same fixes. (i played before the same night with problems and after(after booting) so its not superficial) I usually feel if the mouse acts good even before starting qw and i dont think its in qw settings.

1. Any suggestions?

2. How to totally get the original xp mouse settings back without reinstalling. (tampered alot by now) And go from there one last try.

Dont have time nor energy to format atm(might not even help), and cant spend every hour saved for qw with fiddling settings(lots of other hobbys).
(i wont have fun dueling or mixing until i fix this and will only play when my team needs me. this shit is taking so much time without results, soon summer is here also wich meens less qw for me) Want to play more(and have it fixed) before next winter :/ (and this fiddlingfucking time i rather spend making a new map, or finnish some old)
Any suggestions are welcomed, im not the best on computors, nor have any interest to be. I just use them. My interest went down after pkunzip.. Just want to have a tight qw...

!no suggestions of linux or google!

Help appriciated.
2008-03-05, 21:25
150 posts

Nov 2006
I have XP, the only thing i needed to disable it was to go to Control Panel/Mouse Properties/Pointer Options and untick "enhance pointer precision". I feel no mouse acceleration whatsoever. Have a Logitech G5 rev.2007

The mouse_fix.reg and cpl_mouse_fix.reg(it is the same) when i tried it it made my mouse start looking down while i was bunny jumping, so i suggest u go to regedit and delete the keys it added.

I also have the accelfix.exe but i dont use it, if u want original XP settings just run accelfix and enable mouse acceleration again, then do the untick "enhance pointer precision".

If u installed your mouse software check if its disabled the mouse acceleration there also.
2008-03-05, 21:46
137 posts

Sep 2006
Dont know what to change in regedit myself, so hope that the removemousefix.reg did that. (Did have that fix installed previous when working before the break though)
Then i enabled mouse accel thru accelfix.exe and rebooted, but that enhancebox is still unchecked by default. Mayby its because i dont have logitechdrivers installed atm? The final result was better then usual(lately) but still not near working properly
Ill try following those steps again tomorrow again with the logitech drivers installed, and will report results then. Now i need some sleep.

Thx for helping MatriX, hope it will work.
2008-03-06, 07:07
1435 posts

Jan 2006
With ezQuake 1.9 beta 1 try in_mouse 3
2008-03-06, 11:57
84 posts

Jan 2006
What mouse are you using? I had some mouse accel problems in windows vista with my logitech mx518 mouse, the problem was solved by installing the latest logitech setpoint drivers and use the setpoint speed and acceleration settings instead of the operation system.
2008-03-06, 17:08
5 posts

Mar 2006
may not be a direct help, but this guide has taught me alot about proper mouse setup:
http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html
2008-03-06, 17:59
137 posts

Sep 2006
Ok, i started with installing drivers again, and the enhance is still off by default. I had accel enabled(atleast thats what accelfix.exe says). After that i tried accelfix with and without .reg fixes. Still the same.

!!Now to the really weird part for me, which i hope might light a lightbulb for some brainiac: If i turn on mouseaccel in logitech drivers it dont change a thing in qw, nor in windows.. (no matter how much accel i set it to when accelfix says its enabled/or disabled(mouse is just the same fast and unprecise device i hate it for in both places)
((i vote all go back to kb :>)

That in_mouse i already tried, not sure if i got beta(but the option is in my ezqw), i think i have the latest vs with the securitycheck or what its name is. (if beta isnt playable in nqr(?) i wont try it)
Btw, i do use mx518, but not vista(xp).

!!I will try follow that guide posted by sielwolf(took a quick glance and looked worked thru, but abit timecunsuming), probebly do it tomorrow and will report when done.

spend to long of my life THIS evening on this fkn shit hell crap lökajfdsäpienghjsäseåpojgfdäozngbjölzvkbnvoåeefngmöblkvnb

((i try not to wonder over how much time i spend on qw setting over the years, probebly close to the time waiting for delayed swedish community transport, a fkn BC lifetime(but usually its all worth it when it gets done, qw that is))

thx for helping

(edited some missleading grammarmisstakes..)
  7 posts on 1 page  1