User panel stuff on forum
  25 posts on 1 page  1
Other Tournaments
2007-12-28, 15:08
9 posts

May 2006
Hi, my name is Pavel "Hawr1x" Kymla and I'm leader of Czech Quake fan site (http://www.Quake.cz). Here in Czech republic with really close cooperation with Slovakia we are trying to prepare central website for Cezch scene and merge somehow together to move thinks in CZ/SK.
We partially succeeded and our scene is growing and getting stronger.

I got this idea of building uniqe Nations Cup just for Quake games. Im trying to push further that idea of Quad Damage Tournament and situation on QuakeCon 2007.

I have started this cup with Quake 3 TDM and Quake 4 TDM because TeamPlay is best mode in Quake for this kind of action. I have speak with players from Czech scene and they have told me, that only few countries will be able to put decent team together. :-( I think that no matter how many teams will sign up, we should give this action a shoot and try to unite scene and let ppl from different scenes know, that there are some other Quake games, that they could try.

If you think that this Idea is good and somebody of you would like to help do this action best for QuakeWorld part of Quakers, you can catch me on IRC #qw.cz, #quake.cz on quakenet.org.

There is some basic info about this action on ESReality in this article -> http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1486672

Please notice, that there are only 2 logos of Quake at this moment, hopefully pair of them will be added. There are just basic info how to sign up and general rules about teams. All other rules depending on scene rules.

Pavel "Hawr1x" Kymla
Czech Quake
Quake.cz
2007-12-28, 15:23
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Before anyone comes screaming "I WON'T PLAY THOSE FKN SHITGAMES!" i assume that this tournament is divided by games after all? I read your post on ESR and there it said that at the moment you are allowed to have 8 players in your team. Would that number be increased to 12 - allowing a full specialized squad for each game - if Quakeworld or Quake 2 was added?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2007-12-28, 15:35
715 posts

May 2006
The squad-idea sounds cool, but would you need to have a squad for each game to be allowed in the tournament?
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2007-12-28, 15:43
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
molgrum wrote:
The squad-idea sounds cool, but would you need to have a squad for each game to be allowed in the tournament?

That's the impression i've got anyway. However, it is probably a bit more appealing if a full Quakeworld squad could just team up with any swedish Q3/Q4 combo team there is.
2007-12-28, 16:04
9 posts

May 2006
Squads and Teams are divided, You dont need to be sing for each game and 8 player are for each Team.
You can have up to TWO teams in each game:
You are of course free to cooperate with other Quake game squads from National Team.

Example:
QuakeWorld - Czech Quake (Johnny_cz, itm, Jebak, Cuky, Flamer, Morisz, Jen4, Fr4g )
Quake 3 - Czech Quake 1 (Krysa, Wh3nom, Smasher, Shebin+yenda) ... ... Czech Quake 2 (Legie, Saharák, Hudy, Tyfoon, Jebak)
Quake 4 - Czech Quake (Manning, Rmng, Laire, Walpeer + Hawr1x)
Quake 2 - Czech Quake (???, ???, ???, ???)

Games can be also hold on different websites or on sites that are mainstream for each game and by ppl that do it for ages - don"t want to break some competitions that might be running. Point is, that they will be presented together and hopefully Quakers will start to work more together and we could try build up something, that don't need to be care about some huge $$$ competitions where somebody will notice ... jeee, there is some Quake 4 ? hmmm ... what about Quake 3, they play duel a lot in it ... why don't we try QuakeWorld for this action? and where are hidden Quake 2 players ...

I think that Quakers are only scene in the world that could do it and start to work together to be ready for newbies and everything that might come in the future.
2007-12-28, 20:29
1026 posts

Feb 2006
really nice idea.
i hope you get the response you're after
god damn hippies >_<
2007-12-28, 23:18
626 posts

Jan 2006
If i get this right... this is a QUAKE gather? - quake1, quake2, quake3, quake4 -
All country's gathers a team in each games, meeting at quakecon (or similar) - For a showoff?

Damn this would be AWSOME!

edit: one 4on4 team for each game.. examples shown below
quake1: Dag, Valla, peppe, stroller
quake2: blue, purri, nukie, fog
quake3: fazz, fox, proZaC, Blue
quake4: Purri, fox, fazz, peppe

"1 player can play in two quake series in the 4on4 tournament"

I would love to see this happend...
From my own experience from q3, those are my favorit players from sweden...
me vs fazz @ q3tourney4 with 200ping railing 40% games.. HOT
Well, labur... i love you to!
2007-12-29, 00:19
355 posts

Jun 2006
phrenic wrote:
edit: one 4on4 team for each game.. examples shown below
quake1: Dag, Valla, peppe, stroller
quake2: blue, purri, nukie, fog
quake3: fazz, fox, proZaC, Blue
quake4: Purri, fox, fazz, peppe

No peppe no win
2007-12-29, 01:09
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
phrenic wrote:
[...]All country's gathers a team in each games, meeting at quakecon (or similar) - For a showoff?[...]

If you read the ESR post you'll notice that it's (probably?) an online tournament. The awesomeness drops a bit then. I'm not quite sure what i think of it yet.
2007-12-29, 01:10
715 posts

May 2006
Q1 and Q4 have so much in common, peppe knows
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2007-12-29, 01:13
312 posts

Feb 2006
sounds somewhat nice. but what i'd like to see is that each game would be associated at a time, like one month for seeding tournaments per game - and this would be a really nice feature: a nice webhost which would host all these online without any need to download/buy anything, and a big grand final would be held at some big ass lan tournament with all sorts of sponsors. i bet this might cost something but it would still be awesome
2007-12-29, 10:31
9 posts

May 2006
First of all, there is that idea of connecting and connecting Quake scenes together and build up base that would be able to direct new players to each scene. Build World Site of Quakers maybe. Think is that if you are once Quaker, you can hardly play another FPS because they are boring and because you mostly love game you play.

Second think is that if Quakers will cooperate, they will get bigger influence and Quake Scene and ppl in it are so powerful, that we dont need to care about some commercial events and hoping if they will add some Quake support there. We are able to do such actions by ourselves. And they will be much better, because it is "from scene" actions. Problem is that most ppl dont know about "second part" of scene in US or in EU, most ppl dont know where to find QW sites or Q2 sites. Is there actually some site just about Quake 4...? ets.

You have been talking about gathering and LAN finals - My dream is to contact id Software about this gathering with notice that Quakers are ready to do something special and build up base for Quakers and Newbies. TOP TOP TOP variation of this is that first 3 teams from each game will get invitation to QuakeCon to play finals there - but iam not quite sure if it is possible at this moment.
We are at the beginning and i got only this dream - We manage to cooperate in Czech republic, and we are in great relationships with Slovakia too and that is where I realize that we should at least try that.

If QuakeWorld scene agrees, there will be 3 of 4 games. Iam also trying to connect Quake 2 scene, but Q2 is my HUGE weakness coz I dont know ppl there and i have played Q2 just for one month when i was at high school I only know that Q2 got its own TDM NationsCup, so I would like to ask them for cooperation in this. And if there is such action in Q2 or other game, i don't want to change it, just present it together.

I think that if we will be able to work together, we will be able to do one of most important think for each scene - be ready for newbies, give them what they need show them that there are multiple choices in Quake.

This Quake Nations Cup is my try to do at least first step in this, and since I know Czech players quite well I get tip to flood this forum
Hopefully somebody will write down short info about it to see how does QW players feel about this actions, I definitely like reactions here and iam open to every idea and suggestions from anybody - it is also YOURS scene!
2007-12-29, 12:14
6 posts

Feb 2007
First, I expected much more comments...

People, WAKE UP! Hawrix, person who built Czech Quake 3/4 headquarter (including on/off-line tournaments, always up-to-date website, media support, ...) - http://www.quake.cz/ - just comes with another great plan, plan to CONNECT ALL QUAKE PLAYERS WORLDWIDE. This task can be done only by powerful, experienced person, but when you really wanna merge ALL scenes into one superbeast, you always need stable scene support...

This is just an appeal - don't let this great idea die; write your comments and suggestions, if you can provide media support, DO IT! Spread the word about this upcoming event, support your (gaming) future!
2007-12-29, 12:40
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Well, to be honest i don't think this "z0mg-let's-gather-all-Quaker's-idea" will work. Isn't ESReality itself an example of that?
2007-12-29, 13:01
9 posts

May 2006
No in my opinion it isn't that kind of think, because all info about QuakeWorld is here on QuakeWorld.nu a QWDRAMA.com and almost nobody knows about yours HIGH!!! and advanced features you using in QW for demos, casts, tvs ... Think is that you can be for sure on this sites, because logically they are centers of each scene, but if you try to publish some think on other main sites like ESReality.com, GGL.com, ets ets you can reach higher interest about QW. We did it with Quake 3 in Czech republic, we lead Quake 3 section and we are preparing totally iizy guides for new ppl.

Nobody tell them, that they don't need to be afraid to play game like QuakeWorld, because there are ppl that will guide them ... that only one think they have to handle is that they will suffer for a short period of time and than they will be just better and better ... like in live or what?

And now thake situation, when 4 Quake series games and scenes work together and help to users to decide which game suits him best - what he can expect from QW and so on - I'm quite sure this stuff already exist but we just have to show to ppl that scene around Quake is >>>> than the rest.

Other think is that by this move we can be ready for new id Software games like Quake Zero. Give ppl TOP povs on this game from recent Quake games, show them how to access to Quake, that is really important to think by playing our game, tell them, that if they reach some high obstacle (like start to play so HardCore) will only help to evolve theirs thinking, and that we are ready for them
2007-12-29, 13:11
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Hawr1x wrote:
Think is that you can be for sure on this sites, because logically they are centers of each scene, but if you try to publish some think on other main sites like ESReality.com, GGL.com, ets ets you can reach higher interest about QW. We did it with Quake 3 in Czech republic, we lead Quake 3 section and we are preparing totally iizy guides for new ppl.

I've been posting on ESReality for about three years now i think. While it's been nice with a few people from the other Quake games who pick it up here and there, it still feels like you're preaching to the choir, or to Satan's minions (a "slight" exaggeration, but you get my point ).
2007-12-29, 14:34
6 posts

Feb 2007
Ake Vader wrote:
Well, to be honest i don't think this "z0mg-let's-gather-all-Quaker's-idea" will work. Isn't ESReality itself an example of that?

Well, personally, I don't like this euphorical state ("let's do the coolest thing in the world!" too, mainly because most of these things are just only about the euphoria, but in case of Hawrix's project I can see the way to be successful. He is experienced and knows how the things go, he isn't just an unknown wannabe who wants to change the world

This project needs the support of scene(s), and that's what is he checking right now. I would give him a chance...
2007-12-29, 14:42
89 posts

Mar 2006
Cool shit imo. Personally i dont think this would connect the scenes but nevertheless the idea is very nice.
2008-01-03, 16:47
113 posts

Mar 2006
Nice idea.
Guys just sign up and let shit move, don't drop like it always happening with QW Nations Cups.
I guarantee 8 players from Russia will participate and we will play, dunno about Q3/Q4 players.
We should get at least 7 countries: Sweden, Finland, Chezh, Holland, Germany, Russia, Poland, Hungary (?), Denmark(?), Norway (?). Would be interesting if there will be 1on1 and 2on2 part too.
2008-01-03, 21:22
News Writer
436 posts

Jan 2006
I think we can get a Quakeworld Team from Germany too. I did a News post on qwscene.net to find our national Team
2008-01-03, 21:46
793 posts

Feb 2006
i think it's a good idea and i like the logo with the 4 Q's. if you're a top qw player all you have to do is play a couple 4on4's to represent qw /and/ your country. i'd go for it.
2008-02-20, 13:44
793 posts

Feb 2006
is this dead? can't tell from the website, really..
2008-02-20, 16:49
News Writer
436 posts

Jan 2006
Quakeworld updates are fast as div0 delays
2008-02-20, 17:00
1435 posts

Jan 2006
http://www.quake.cz/NationsCup/quakeworld.html
One more week for base group games according to the admin..
2008-02-24, 01:13
462 posts

Jan 2006
If only our opponents would play... Portugal, Hungary?
  25 posts on 1 page  1