User panel stuff on forum
  234 posts on 8 pages  First page12345678Last page
Graphics Discussion
2008-09-10, 21:57
344 posts

Apr 2007
golden_boy wrote:
Hi Trickle & Co,

can a similar method be used to give grunts visible weapons ingame? I'm thinking about shotgun and nail grunts here.

I mean the QME method described above. (I'm a n00b at this)

I would be interested to do that in the Remake project:

http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=157

http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=167

Our modified grunts would be the only monsters who'd need vweapons. (shotgun, nail - the axegrunt is its own model) ATM it's a bit hard to spot the nailgrunt, because we don't want bright red skins etc.

(isn't the soldier model extremely similar to the player model?)

well for that, it can be easy as simply replacing their current gun with the others(of course positioning it to look nice). It might be harder for models like Plagues, because the texture is already so big that it ties up with the other and looks warped. if you wanted a single grunt to have all those weapons, you can simply assign the code to switch to a whole different grunt model. pm me if your ready for anything, I wouldn't mind helping out.

and the soldier model is quite different, but it has less frame sets.

the axegrunt from Travail however, is EXACTLY like the player model though. so I suppose you can use that =]
2008-09-15, 23:41
344 posts

Apr 2007
http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/uploaded/87/neww_srifle.jpg

new sniper rifle(props to St3ady for making the original model)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/ThePerfectTrip/w_asscan.jpg

new chaingun. I tried to make it look as DOX looking as I could
2008-09-16, 13:22
364 posts

Oct 2006
O_o The hwguy looks awesome with that Arnold size chaingun!
2008-09-17, 00:00
71 posts

Sep 2006
trickle these skins with better weapons dont work for me.. i put them in the right folder and stuff but they still arent working? im running ezquake 1.8 does it require 1.9?
2008-09-17, 01:47
344 posts

Apr 2007
yes, 1.9 or higher
2008-09-17, 23:38
14 posts

Jul 2007
They really look top.
2008-09-22, 03:20
224 posts

Mar 2007
Trickle wrote:
yes, 1.9 or higher

Why, exactly, does it not work on 1.8.x? Curious....

BTW, I found they work nicely when made into a .pk3. I also found out in my tinkering that ezquake doesn't require the "name pak files sequentially" deal anymore. At least it seems to read my pak9.pak when there is no 3 thru 8 in a recent ezquake beta. I had made a new fryguy.mdl animation to test with when I discovered this.

BTW, thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the Painkeep vweps. I didn't waste a lot of time making them perfect like you and the textures are ancient but it will still make Painkeep a much better game. Waiting now on Niborevoli to see if he can fix the Chain Lightning animation. For some reason when shooting it the player and wep do not animate at all. They shoot perfectly still unlike the regular lighting gun.

http://sh.stonks.com/files/pk_vweps.jpg
2008-09-22, 03:54
805 posts

Mar 2006
Awesome!!!
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2008-09-22, 05:01
224 posts

Mar 2007
Anyone have any bright ideas about getting the Painkeep vweps to show up in mvds? I take it the vanilla qw weapons are hadrcoded into the server or client?
2008-09-22, 05:24
344 posts

Apr 2007
5h17h34d wrote:
Trickle wrote:
yes, 1.9 or higher

Why, exactly, does it not work on 1.8.x? Curious....

BTW, I found they work nicely when made into a .pk3. I also found out in my tinkering that ezquake doesn't require the "name pak files sequentially" deal anymore. At least it seems to read my pak9.pak when there is no 3 thru 8 in a recent ezquake beta. I had made a new fryguy.mdl animation to test with when I discovered this.

BTW, thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the Painkeep vweps. I didn't waste a lot of time making them perfect like you and the textures are ancient but it will still make Painkeep a much better game. Waiting now on Niborevoli to see if he can fix the Chain Lightning animation. For some reason when shooting it the player and wep do not animate at all. They shoot perfectly still unlike the regular lighting gun.

http://sh.stonks.com/files/pk_vweps.jpg

I still take credit for the airgun

nice job though, I'm happy you took the time for positioning them. I was wondering where the hell you went dude Lol
2008-09-22, 05:25
344 posts

Apr 2007
5h17h34d wrote:
Anyone have any bright ideas about getting the Painkeep vweps to show up in mvds? I take it the vanilla qw weapons are hadrcoded into the server or client?

hmm, you know I'm not sure. I think just plain recording demos work on the MegaTF coop server. at least on the latest ezquake 2.0 alphas

p.s.

you should scale down the cl slightly
2008-09-22, 14:59
224 posts

Mar 2007
I scaled it up simply because it will rotate eventually and I wanted it bigger, sorta like your thoughts on the RL.
I didn't spend a lot of time perfecting the slight wobbles etc in the players hand simply because when the action starts who cares!

Questions for anyone who knows:
1. So... will these work in EZQuake1.8.x?

2. Also, the PK only vweps not showing in demo playback, is this a client or server code issue? Or both? I use MVDSV .28b and the latest nightlies of EZQuake.

3. pk3 ordering by the ezquake client: Does EZQuake load pk3 files alphabetically like quake3?

And yes, nice job on the fist. Comparing mine to your airfist showed me a few things that I was too lazy to go back and fix
2008-09-22, 22:06
344 posts

Apr 2007
well I like them. I wouldn't mind adjusting some of them to fit better, anything for good old PK! btw, to anyone who is reading this. this man ^^. along with Nib, a coder. made Painkeep even more awesome! instant gib kills with an axe and the harpoon!

weenieville.net:27500
2008-10-02, 18:21
364 posts

Oct 2006
5h17h34d, ezQuake currently only supports vweps in mvds for DM and TF weapons.

In theory though, any custom models could be made to work with a bit of extra effort, so don't lose all hope yet. For now, make sure your vweps' names correspond to the v_ names. That is, if you have a v_bfg in first-person view, the vwep must be named w_bfg, etc. MVDs don't contain any dedicated vwep information, so ezQuake will have to rely on this correspondence for the vweps to work.

EDIT: actually, I don't think TF vweps currently work in MVDs either. ezQuake is simply hardcoded for the 8 DM weapons.
2008-10-03, 15:59
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
I added these to nQuake now. Sorry for the delay.
2008-10-04, 01:58
224 posts

Mar 2007
Thanks Tonik. I've found they do work in recent qwds I've recorded with my client. I had to put my most recent qwprogs.dat from my server into my client mod folder though. My server autorecords MVDs so if I can someday get it to work in them I will be a happy camper. :-D

I have to say, when playing seeing what others are holding certainly makes it a different, and better game IMO.
2008-10-04, 11:45
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
MORE NEW STUFF PLZ!
2008-10-04, 15:03
224 posts

Mar 2007
Question Tonik: To have these mod vweps show in server recorded demos where is the issue? In other words, do I make my feature request to the EZQuake devs or the MVDSV devs?

[edit] ...or both?
2008-10-04, 19:54
364 posts

Oct 2006
Let's put it this way, the right way to fix the issue is by rewriting some ezQuake code, and do file a feature request, but don't expect that to change anything because the only person likely ever to tackle it is myself
2008-10-04, 20:10
344 posts

Apr 2007
yeah. even before I tried viewing vweps in MVDs, I always thought it would make sense to simply have a code where it reads w models that match the v model names. btw, I'm back everyone! I just moved and I'm waiting to get to Ethernet in my room before I continue on finishing TF vweps.

to empezar:

thanks for adding the package to nQuake! I wanted to make a suggestion for the new installation. maybe a check box making it so all the vweps match the v and g models. since I have PrimeviL shotguns and rest are all Plagues(so basically it would install PrimeeviL's v_shot, g_shot, v_shot2, the 24-bit textures and then Plagues pak without his shotguns of course).
2008-10-04, 20:27
224 posts

Mar 2007
Tonik wrote:
Let's put it this way, the right way to fix the issue is by rewriting some ezQuake code, and do file a feature request, but don't expect that to change anything because the only person likely ever to tackle it is myself

LOL! Well, thanks for being honest!
2008-10-05, 01:50
224 posts

Mar 2007
Added feature request here: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2147149&group_id=117445&atid=678562

Posting link in this thread because I bet there is interest out there.
2008-10-05, 06:14
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Trickle wrote:
thanks for adding the package to nQuake! I wanted to make a suggestion for the new installation. maybe a check box making it so all the vweps match the v and g models. since I have PrimeviL shotguns and rest are all Plagues(so basically it would install PrimeeviL's v_shot, g_shot, v_shot2, the 24-bit textures and then Plagues pak without his shotguns of course).

A checkbox for that would be kind of meaningless.

[ ] Make weapons match each other

I'll look into matching the weapons.
2008-10-19, 06:24
344 posts

Apr 2007
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/ThePerfectTrip/w_grap.jpg

the grapple!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/ThePerfectTrip/w_rail.jpg

the railgun!

St3ady helped put together this model. we made it DOX styled!
2008-10-19, 11:01
33 posts

Aug 2008
Cool!
2008-11-10, 20:04
11 posts

Nov 2006
Nice job

can you make Ruohis's style vweps ?
2008-11-11, 02:45
344 posts

Apr 2007
rowdie wrote:
Nice job

can you make Ruohis's style vweps ?

I still need to figure out how to do md3 models, I'm probably going to wait until md3s shows up properly on ezquake. right now they are too bright
2008-11-17, 02:00
182 posts

Mar 2006
Trickle, I was reading the thread and it appears that according to the information that this only requires server-side modification to work with the Quake player model. There is no QuakeC or anything else, right?

/For example, would the weapons show up right in, for example, FuhQuake? Or is it dependent on newer ezQuake features on the client-side?
--------
Is that a roll of toothpicks in your pocket or are you just happy to see Sassa?
2008-11-17, 13:01
344 posts

Apr 2007
Baker5 wrote:
Trickle, I was reading the thread and it appears that according to the information that this only requires server-side modification to work with the Quake player model. There is no QuakeC or anything else, right?

/For example, would the weapons show up right in, for example, FuhQuake? Or is it dependent on newer ezQuake features on the client-side?

yup, client-side. right now ezQuake and FuhQuake XE(Avirox's heavily modified version of Fuh) have it.

the separate player model is vwplayer.mdl and it has all the same qualities as player.mdl including the same frame sets minus the universal cannon and axe. so then the w models are assigned to the vwplayer.mdl.
2009-02-18, 20:21
344 posts

Apr 2007
qqshka has recently enabled brights on skins, thus w_light_0_luma actually does something now!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/ThePerfectTrip/w_lightluma.jpg

so if you play with r_fullbrightskins "0" like me, playing on a server that doesn't allow fullbright skins, or watch quake tv with fullbright skins off. this is nice =]
  234 posts on 8 pages  First page12345678Last page