Index  ‹  Off Topic  ‹  non-fps games
  51 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Off Topic
2007-12-09, 13:23
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
!phil wrote:
most recently ive been playing supcom (like ake) in fact thats my first rts that ive played online. c&c3 is nice too (but after supcom, it pales in comparison...)

I just bought Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and Resident Evil 4 to get some hungover-sunday-entertainment. We'll see how good they are.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2007-12-09, 13:38
56 posts

Jan 2006
Trackmania Nations is a great game.
2007-12-09, 14:00
252 posts

Dec 2006
starcraft!
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2007-12-26, 17:48
137 posts

Sep 2006
Oh yes, i just finnished "sword of the samurai" on pc
Great game, but i really like to have it on the cellphone before starting a higher diff. game.. Anyone know if it exist "yet"?

really recommending sword of the samurai to all who love strategic singleplayers filled with action, assasinations, deceit and honour. very nice feeling to it

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/264/Sword+of+the+Samurai.html (screenshots, info)
http://www.dosbox.com/ (dosemulator)
2007-12-26, 20:37
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
!phil wrote:
most recently ive been playing supcom (like ake) in fact thats my first rts that ive played online. c&c3 is nice too (but after supcom, it pales in comparison...)

I just bought Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and Resident Evil 4 to get some hungover-sunday-entertainment. We'll see how good they are.

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance was ok, but Resident Evil 4 was horrible on PC. Don't buy that unless you have a gamepad as it has no mouse support from the start, and it's a straight port from consoles so you won't know what buttons they mean in the dialogues - something which you have to know in the real stress moments when you for example have a boulder rolling down behind you and you need to avoid it using some kind of button combo. Very frustrating.
2007-12-27, 11:10
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
Aquashark wrote:
day of the tentacle and sanitarium = best adventure games ever

Never tryed Sanitarium, seems cool tough. A must in adventure games is Gabriel Knight 1 though. I never played the sequels, but this one is great. Very mature and excellent story. Monkey Island is a must also, as well as older ones, like the Indiana Jones, Maniac Mansion (dott prequel), Space Quests, King Quests, Larrys, Beneath a Steel Sky, Dune 1,.... In few words, all Lucasarts and Sierra games. Grim Fandango anyone?

Shame ill never will have time to play these (and other) games again. Adventure games are time consuming. (btw, what happened to most adventure games released in the 21st century? the older ones are muuuch better imo. fps games are king since 1996 )
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2007-12-27, 12:43
126 posts

Oct 2006
Aquashark wrote:
FIFA 2008

fun game if you have a gamepad.
it's really relaxing and disconnects you from your everyday shit.

WORD!
2007-12-27, 14:31
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
I cant understand how ppl like PES and Fifas....

Great graphics, sound etc.

what about the gameplay?? Isnt the gameplay the most important?

I remember one game from 1994 or such... Myst. or Rise of the Robots. or some others: Excellent graphics for the time, the best. What about the gameplay? near zero. What do i do with such game?

deltree

best football game of all time: Sensible world of soccer.
best fighting game (im not a big fan but imo): Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombats.
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2007-12-27, 16:34
1026 posts

Feb 2006
mushi wrote:

PES has tons of in-depth in terms of gameplay, FIFA has too but it's not so punishing if you play simple (which i like more).

you have to input a lot of crazy motions in the trick stick to do dribblings/quick pass combinations/etc., also setting up a good line-up and adjusting team mentality real time takes some skill too.

you have to read your opponent's game all the time and try to adapt to his playstyle and line-up. it makes a lot of difference and you have to master that if you have any claims of being at least a decent player.
god damn hippies >_<
2007-12-27, 22:36
215 posts

Mar 2006
eizid wrote:
Trackmania Nations is a great game.

i agree. trackmania has to be one of the most fun racing series i've ever played. and trackmania nations is free so you can't beat that.
It Takes A Tough Man To Make A Tender Rocketjump
2007-12-28, 11:34
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Aquashark wrote:
mushi wrote:

PES has tons of in-depth in terms of gameplay, FIFA has too but it's not so punishing if you play simple (which i like more).

you have to input a lot of crazy motions in the trick stick to do dribblings/quick pass combinations/etc., also setting up a good line-up and adjusting team mentality real time takes some skill too.

you have to read your opponent's game all the time and try to adapt to his playstyle and line-up. it makes a lot of difference and you have to master that if you have any claims of being at least a decent player.

I only play PES & FIFA on console for the laugh among friends and a couple of beer, then such kind of games are really nice. I mean, it's not like i'd strive to become a die hard guitar hero player either, but among friends it's some die hard fun.
2007-12-28, 15:31
251 posts

Jul 2007
mushi wrote:

Did you ever actually play PES for more than 5 minutes? It's far from being "all graphics" - that is FIFA btw :p. You cannot compare SWOS to PES at all, since the first one is an arcarde style game and PES more like a simulation.
2007-12-28, 20:14
1026 posts

Feb 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
I only play PES & FIFA on console for the laugh among friends and a couple of beer, then such kind of games are really nice. I mean, it's not like i'd strive to become a die hard guitar hero player either, but among friends it's some die hard fun.

yeah, cause levelling PES/FIFA with Guitar Hero makes so much sense *facepalm*
god damn hippies >_<
2007-12-29, 01:31
312 posts

Feb 2006
pes is all pirlo/beckham/adriano/ronaldinho/lampard
2008-02-03, 18:26
7 posts

Jan 2006
terrorhead wrote:
I bought this game not long ago http://rfactor.net/

It is a racing simulation with many new mods, cars, tracks etc. released by the community. I haven't played it online yet but apparently it is very good. I'm mostly doing hotlaps in BMW Sauber 2007

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/4521/31oct07rcentral8965rfacyk5.jpg
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/9871/12986559ps7.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/764/12800po2.jpg

Hehe best race sim ever made! I've played it for long too. I even quit QuakeWorld for it I joined big racing leagues. But was forced to also quit that caus lack of time.
But if anyone is looking for a Race Simulator. Look no futher

This is also worth posting: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/
All mods are there.
2008-02-04, 05:07
43 posts

Jun 2007
I play a bunch of stuff on my 360 when I'm not playing Quake on the PC.

Right now it's mostly PGR4 and Guitar Hero 3 !

If anyone else has a 360 and wants to play anything Co-op or against me my gamertag is "KungSadch", just send a friend request and let me know who you are here!
2008-02-04, 11:45
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
I've tryed rFactor like Terrorhead proposed, and its really excellent!

Played it for a few days, until i realised i had no chance of winning without a wheel. Which made me quit
if i had more time, THIS is the game i would play besides qw, and the reason to pay 130€ for a Logitech G25 Wheel.

cmon, what do YOU play besides qw??
2008-02-04, 12:11
637 posts

Jan 2006
rFactor indeed on a steering wheel.
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2008-02-04, 18:49
284 posts

Oct 2006
Lately, like in the past 8 years the only singleplayer games that I've really got into and completed many times are:

Fallout, Fallout 2 (ye, I played them back when they were released, but got really into them later when I wasn't playing so much qw :p)
Kotor, Kotor 2

fo2 and kotor2 are probably two of the greatest gaming experiences I've had and I've completed both of them playing very different characters something like 5-6 times for kotor and 20 times for fo2. Oddly enough, the darker side was always more emotionally charged, whereas the do-gooder -style was just quite boring, and very mainstream Hollywood like. So sure, I played Sith Marauder a bit >

Before Duke3D and C&C I probably played a lot more singleplayer games, but since like 94-95, it's been pretty much all multiplayer.

I've certainly tried a lot of other games, but most have not really even left a memory. I would like to get the g25 and a nice racing game, but maybe next winter. Spring and mountainbiking season is coming soon, so that's good enough racing for me (Finland doesn't have a single mountain, I know, but we've got lots of forest
2008-02-05, 14:07
312 posts

Feb 2006
oh yes and of course lots of fallout2 lately since someone released a restoration project for it, nice new stuff though buggy. they've been doing the same to kotor2 which had some serious content cutting due to release date moved backwards like 6 months all the sudden, but that wont affect me since i only have the xbox version and a cpu too shitty to run anything like kotor
2008-02-05, 16:04
80 posts

Mar 2007
niomic wrote:
...Fallout, Fallout 2 (ye, I played them back when they were released, but got really into them later when I wasn't playing so much qw :p)
Kotor, Kotor 2

fo2 and kotor2 are probably two of the greatest gaming experiences I've had....'

Blasphemy! Calling fo2 better is blasphemy!

Seriously talking I love both the fallouts, they are pretty much the best games I've ever played. The whole settings just works so brilliantly with the 50's future thing that it's almost unbelievable. Too bad that Fallout 3 is being developed by shit-for-brains "PLZ EMMURSHION" -people at bethesda. Hopefully atleast one of the "real" fallout 3 fanmade projects gets completed and is good :/
--
Bucketrevolution!
  51 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page