User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Maps & Textures
2007-12-07, 00:39
13 posts

Sep 2007
I guess .qw spam's dont work so well late at night.. so here goes.

Been working on a map pack and this one was a rather successful and enjoyable duel map. Can be very stealthy at times with lots of cat and mouse play, or just all out carnage. There are plenty of trick jumps involving ramps on this map and plenty of angles to attack from.

A new idea (Thanks Molgrum) for this map is a NG at every spawn point. Doesn't give much, but it's something extra.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it.

pb_snfdm2a is running on jezebel.n0rty.com:27500

Would like to get some comments and feedback before renaming it to snfdm2 for the final version.

There's also a 2on2 pb_snfdm1 - but that needs a bit of work. Skillah has already managed to prove that this can be an insane 1on1 map aswell.

http://www.n0rty.com/quake for images

- Steve
2007-12-07, 04:50
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
I really like tha map!!
needs more testing in 1on1 games, something for KTK perhaps.

1 suggestion is to change out all ng's for sng's so at spawn you get sng!

come to #kenya for more input from the kenya lovers
2007-12-07, 08:46
1100 posts

Jan 2006
What aspects do you want feedback on? Only gameplay or also looks/feeling?
2007-12-07, 11:53
80 posts

Mar 2007
PersonallyI thought it was decent, but I didnt have a chance to actually play a match in it. The problems that I had with the map were mostly with the stairs and the ramps. They just felt awkward and unnecessary. Also the railings(?) surrounding the second floor were a pretty bad choice in my oppinion, but I guess you could get used to those.

About the looks / feeling that spirit was talking about: I thought the visuals were decent, but the dm_sacred textures weren't used to their full potential. The feeling was definetly there, you did a good job on getting that to work

All in all it looks like it could be a decent map, but the stairs and the railings are - atleast in my oppinion - something that should be re-worked
--
Bucketrevolution!
2007-12-07, 12:23
13 posts

Sep 2007
Falzzi wrote:
PersonallyI thought it was decent, but I didnt have a chance to actually play a match in it. The problems that I had with the map were mostly with the stairs and the ramps. They just felt awkward and unnecessary. Also the railings(?) surrounding the second floor were a pretty bad choice in my oppinion, but I guess you could get used to those.

About the looks / feeling that spirit was talking about: I thought the visuals were decent, but the dm_sacred textures weren't used to their full potential. The feeling was definetly there, you did a good job on getting that to work

All in all it looks like it could be a decent map, but the stairs and the railings are - atleast in my oppinion - something that should be re-worked

There aren't actually any stairs so to speak.. they're an illusion. Every staircase has a ramp over it using the clip texture. For instance, the stairs that lead up to the teleporter by RL are a ramp to the player, allowing you to run up and do a ramp jump along the railing to the second floor.

I'll jump on IRC later and see if I can grab you to get some feedback

- Steve
2007-12-07, 12:24
13 posts

Sep 2007
Spirit wrote:
What aspects do you want feedback on? Only gameplay or also looks/feeling?

Mostly gameplay. The looks are going to be worked on for a final release adding lots more detail and so on.

I've had deadly_sp running around on the map and if you've seen his dspdm6, you'll know that man knows how to put detail in a map!

- Steve
2007-12-07, 13:08
1100 posts

Jan 2006
I would not add more details.

The lighting is super bland and the stairs should have their textures aligned better.
2007-12-07, 20:15
66 posts

Sep 2006
Hey Steve (snafu), sorry, i'm a bit inet away. If i've a bit of free time i help to u without problems

The map is (for me) 75% finished, and is very original, have a style very similar to cpma (q3), and with an awesome graphics! Now is time to fix some little things for improve it to the perfection ^^

See u later friend
  8 posts on 1 page  1