User panel stuff on forum
  35 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2007-11-09, 08:08
27 posts

Dec 2006
Come on guys, sign up!! this will be the last big tourney for QW, there are big $$$ prizes, only 10 spots left...

Just do it for us, show everyone the level QW has got to, I mean come on guys its in your own backyard, who cares if you are rusty, just go!! sign up!

anyone else, if you aren't these guys.. DON'T take the last spots!!

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1461809
2007-11-09, 08:29
705 posts

Feb 2006
i agre with what you are saying- there are 10 spots left. you can view the signups in a pfd in #dreamhack.qw topic. sofar arguably the 2 best active players have signed up. reppie and locust. but i dont think this is the last big tourney.. this isn't really a big tourney, or the last
2007-11-09, 11:54
27 posts

Dec 2006
You think they'll ever give prize money for qw again?
2007-11-09, 12:29
569 posts

Feb 2006
they get more from a week at work, than they get from this weekend of qw. 90% of those going aint there for the money.
2007-11-09, 12:38
1011 posts

Feb 2006
copied from PDF and sorted alphabetically:

Constantin ”Adrenalin” Haller
Jon ”bps” Cednert
Linus ”Destrux” Björklund
Ludwig ”drakdödarN” Sjöberg
Stefan ”emp” Jarl
Robert ”eta” Wigenfors
Jacob ”GODIS!” Grip
Kevin ”kewm” Måhnson
Christian ”klosse” Odelmar
Dennis ”LocKtar” Larsson
Niclas ”locust” Widewing
Johnny ”Lurifix” Gullberg
Rasmus ”Lusius” Brinck
Marcus ”micael” Lahdenranta
Sebastian ”Muppis” Widlund
Mathias ”ncr” Strandberg
David ”ParadokS” Larsen
Steven ”reppie” Elzinga
Stellan ”riker” Öström
Tobias ”slayzQ” Rosenlind
Dennis ”spoink” Kortsch
Martin ”valla” Thollander
2007-11-09, 13:27
705 posts

Feb 2006
blaf wrote:
You think they'll ever give prize money for qw again?

well yea.. it's actually every year at qhlan the pricemoney varies thou.. think about it. quakecon and dreamhack organizing quakeworld tournaments the same year.. something big is brewing the best game out there is finally starting to get recognition Be
2007-11-09, 13:37
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
The nice thing about this tournament isn't the big prize purse or what gamers are coming. Of course i want the best players there, and we have some of them coming at least, but the interesting thing is who might be watching the games. Administrators of other similar LAN's and events might like what they see. Luckily we got the player with the most entertaining (as in crazy as in Reppie) playing style there, which is probably very important.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2007-11-09, 15:22
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
dag got the biceps we need to get girls playing qw (and finnish guys)
2007-11-09, 16:37
27 posts

Dec 2006
We have dreamhack every year now? who on earth knows about QHLAN except for qwers..? what prize money is there for qhlan?

Theres a $20,000 quake4 tourney and that is dead as dead

I just want to see reload playing griffin
and if not, then all the top guys in one place as the one time, not just the 'on form' guys going to qhlan..
You see if griff, mut, inter, all those guys dont go, then the winning at this dreamhack isn't such a big thing
2007-11-09, 16:46
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
it won't be a big accomplishment as a qw player, but it will be a big accomplishment for qw
2007-11-09, 17:46
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
blaf wrote:
We have dreamhack every year now? who on earth knows about QHLAN except for qwers..? what prize money is there for qhlan?

Well, if they can't even fill 32 spots in the tournament then i wouldn't be so sure about another QW tournament at Dreamhack...

And with that said, the quote below is, if you excuse my language, pure bullshit.

blaf wrote:
[...] anyone else, if you aren't these guys.. DON'T take the last spots!!
2007-11-09, 19:04
133 posts

Sep 2007
Not so sure if they care about the money, but as an qw spectator (thats what I really am I guess, since I dont play except for some ffa and an occasional 1on1 once a month) I hope they will go there.
Looking forward to see some great games and also the attention it will give to qw. Maybe we'll have 7 divisions after this LAN... (not likely, but still )
2007-11-09, 19:59
27 posts

Dec 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
blaf wrote:

Well, if they can't even fill 32 spots in the tournament then i wouldn't be so sure about another QW tournament at Dreamhack...

And with that said, the quote below is, if you excuse my language, pure bullshit.

blaf wrote:

Cool, I hope some div5 guys pick up the last spots and we have another 'average' tournament, just like Qcon

At TGI i watched every single demo with anticipation, it was incredible, yet with the player list at this tourney I'll probably just watch 4 players..

It just amazes me that theres a solid tourney with pretty damn good prizes and all these great players are not gonna turn up in their own home country!

It would be an even bigger pity if a bunch of div5 players filled the last slots and Inter, gamer, Mutilator, Griffin then decided to go and didn't get in..

Anyway I'm not gonna complain too much, but yet again, another big tourney, another huge chunk of top players missing.. trust me if they held a q4 comp with Toxic, Avek and Dahang missing there would only be a third of the interest in it.
2007-11-09, 20:18
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
blaf wrote:
Ake Vader wrote:
blaf wrote:

blaf wrote:

Cool, I hope some div5 guys pick up the last spots and we have another 'average' tournament, just like Qcon

At TGI i watched every single demo with anticipation, it was incredible, yet with the player list at this tourney I'll probably just watch 4 players..

It just amazes me that theres a solid tourney with pretty damn good prizes and all these great players are not gonna turn up in their own home country!

It would be an even bigger pity if a bunch of div5 players filled the last slots and Inter, gamer, Mutilator, Griffin then decided to go and didn't get in..

Anyway I'm not gonna complain too much, but yet again, another big tourney, another huge chunk of top players missing.. trust me if they held a q4 comp with Toxic, Avek and Dahang missing there would only be a third of the interest in it.

Sure, but the thing is that Toxic, Avek and Dahang are playing in tournaments that have like ten times the prizes compared to this one. I would like to see the players you mention and i think it's a pity that they don't attend the event too - but most of all i'd like to see the tournament filled with players. That we can't even get 32 players for a tournament like this really not good. To be honest i almost expected more people to sign up, forcing the Dreamhack crew to extend the tournament to a 64 player bracket. Maybe QHLAN is what is on people's minds?

I'm just not quite sure why players don't think it's worthwhile, especially those who would have a good shot at winning something, but also those (like me) who would just be there for the fun of it. It's easy for me to say who lives in the area, but still. Getting a ride there (bus), accomodation (noone have asked if they can stay in my apartment during fri/sat) and then pay the 150SEK it costs to play in the tournament and wander around on Dreamhack (which not only features a great bunch of players, but also demo boots from companies and loads of other activities) etc.
2007-11-09, 20:24
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
blaf wrote:

The difference is that this is a Quakeworld tournament which is far from what Quakecon offered! People were amazed by players like Kovaak, Thump4 and Fojji. At this tournament we have players like Reppie, Paradoks, Locust, Locktar, Riker, Spoink and Bps (<3)! It's a proper tournament with some proper players and if those players actually get a seat at Dreamhack to spread some Quakeworld propaganda, then it's much better than Quakecon already.

This won't be the next TGI - but i don't think that's so important either. We have many (more) of the best players going to QHLAN and even if that is without (or at least less) prizes, i doubt the players will be less serious about it.
2007-11-10, 02:17
462 posts

Jan 2006
Perhaps those people mentioned play this game for fun only these days and have grown out of LANing and wouldn't enjoy it that much anymore that they would go just for a slim chance at a mediocre price...? And Gamer is not from Sweden btw.
2007-11-10, 14:18
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
it is fun going to lans and playing tournaments
2007-11-10, 18:06
462 posts

Jan 2006
Zalon wrote:
it is fun going to lans and playing tournaments

What I was trying to say is that perhaps not everybody feels that way, at least not anymore.
2007-11-10, 20:14
51 posts

Nov 2006
stop the whine please... im going there.
isnt that a real nice replacement??!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2007-11-10, 22:53
705 posts

Feb 2006
spooink wrote:
stop the whine please... im going there.
isnt that a real nice replacement??!

only if you get your sexy dm6 nailed shut |:<
2007-11-11, 00:53
89 posts

Mar 2006
imo the tournament already has a better player lineup than expected.
2007-11-14, 23:55
1026 posts

Feb 2006
There are still 8 spots open for signups.

Gamer
Xalibur
Mutilator
Interceptor
Rock
razor
fix
phrenic

come on ffs!!
god damn hippies >_<
2007-11-15, 06:58
626 posts

Jan 2006
Nice that someone has believe in me aqua!
But the lan is to far away from me,. around ~ 10 000km to be exact....
2007-11-15, 08:07
1026 posts

Feb 2006
huh? you're not living in Sweden anymore?
god damn hippies >_<
2007-11-15, 08:17
569 posts

Feb 2006
Aquashark wrote:
huh? you're not living in Sweden anymore?

he prolly means 1000km

1697km jonkoping -> bucharest

1049km överkalix -> jonkoping.
2007-11-15, 10:40
312 posts

Feb 2006
why do you put phrenic with all those div0 duelers
2007-11-15, 11:08
637 posts

Jan 2006
yeah it made me laugh too
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-11-15, 11:26
99 posts

Feb 2006
Cause he can beat some of those players
2007-11-15, 11:44
1026 posts

Feb 2006
cause he's well known (more famous than some players already signed up anyway) and the tourney is in Sweden.. didn't know he's so far away from Jonkoping.

are people living so far north? wow i always thought Sweden's small population is cluttered in the southern half of the country, oops
god damn hippies >_<
2007-11-15, 11:49
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
guys,

make sure the dh admins knows there's interest around qw.

Get all spots filled and after that, you that *could* go to dh, can send a mail to dh admins showing your interest in going but no-can-do because all spots are filled.
This way next year's dh may have 64 players for qw... who knows? Fact is dh is the most visible thing that happened to qw in the 21st century - dont blew it

To the ppl that are actually going - u just have to do do what you know: play and be friendly would be nice also. Prolly there will be many arrogant kids there, make sure u know how to deal with them. think big

Someone make a nice qw "logo" to print in tshirts there - ive read printing tshirts is possible there. QW guys can buy them and wear them (and keep them to remember the 1st qw dh )
Who can do this "generic logo"? who will carry it on a pen disk? who should i talk to to print my tshirt at dh?

Another important thing - contact the admins to make sure:
- eztv for the mortals that cant go to dh
- faithful eyecandy for spectator pleasure at dh - keep it simple and functional. This is crucial. There will be hundreds of game-unger kids looking at the screens
- (add more)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
  35 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page