User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2007-10-11, 11:16
85 posts

Jan 2006
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new laptop mainly to work but also as a replacement for my desktop. I can honestly say its way better then my desktop concerning specs, I've tried some recent games and it runs every single one of them smoothly enough.

Btw, I'm using Vista (no XP drivers for this laptop).

I've installed the latest version of nQuake and I'm using the same config I used on my desktop but now I'm having some major breaks problem.
I've tried offline against some bots and the problem was gone, no breaks at all...so that leaves me with a conclusion. It's something in the Network settings? (damn Vista!!!)
Anyone that had the same problem?

Thank you in advance!

cheers
Mean Machine QuakeWorld Clan
2007-10-11, 14:01
637 posts

Jan 2006
perhaps try reducing your gear and use the so-called 'engine braking', if you have a problem with the breaks
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-10-12, 08:51
85 posts

Jan 2006
I wonder when will u stop being a fucked up retard...
2007-10-13, 13:51
75 posts

May 2006
What do you mean by "breaks" exactly? Crashes? lag? unsmoothness? some graphical glitch?
2007-10-13, 14:53
151 posts

Feb 2006
konk wrote:
I wonder when will u stop being a fucked up retard...

Never gonna happen.

To get back on topic, I would suggest that you give the sys_yieldcpu / sys_highpriority settings a twitch or two. My mouse was acting up on me in XP when I was running ezQuake, so I had to turn on sys_yieldcpu to give more clock cycles to the USB handler. Might be, in some way, that your network gets affected in the same way.
2007-10-15, 13:58
85 posts

Jan 2006
Cokeman wrote:
What do you mean by "breaks" exactly? Crashes? lag? unsmoothness? some graphical glitch?

Like I was lagging badly for a couple of seconds then it stops for a few minutes and then again...like a cycle.

dakoth wrote:
Never gonna happen.

To get back on topic, I would suggest that you give the sys_yieldcpu / sys_highpriority settings a twitch or two. My mouse was acting up on me in XP when I was running ezQuake, so I had to turn on sys_yieldcpu to give more clock cycles to the USB handler. Might be, in some way, that your network gets affected in the same way.

I'll try that later on at home and reply. Thanks dak!

ciao!
2007-10-15, 19:30
85 posts

Jan 2006
Still the same...think I'm just gonna give up trying to play on the laptop.

Thanks anyway!
  7 posts on 1 page  1