User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2007-10-03, 16:35
27 posts

Dec 2006
I managed to download the ktpro mod, launched the server on my pc and my friend can connect (we are both on wireless, using a wireless router) but the mod seems very old and the connect seems spikey..

Can anyone explain what the latest server mod is and how to get it working (step by step)..

Is there any kind of priority programs or settings or whatever I need to be running to try and make it smoother..?

thanks very much
2007-10-03, 16:40
89 posts

Jul 2007
have you tried without wireless?
test one two.
2007-10-03, 19:45
151 posts

Feb 2006
Is the connection spiky even if you (the server) isn't running anything else, like Quake? That is, only your friend connects to your server while you just sit there, watching?

If it is, then the problem isn't priority. More than like, it's the actual connection (wireless) that isn't working properly. Not sure how to help you there.

If it's not, then there is a problem with priority. There used to be an old priority.exe floating around that helped QWSV get more cpu-time and what-not. But I'd think (just guessing here though) our modern SV's have included measures to regulate that without a third-party program. I'd suggest getting an updated version of KTX or MVDSV, and give it another go.
2007-10-03, 21:53
27 posts

Dec 2006
thanks for all your help, yeah might be the wireless..

Setting up a server is deceptively hard..

I got the latest mvdsv and I got the (supposedly) latest ktx, which was just one file qwprogs.dll

So I launched mvsdv +gamedir ktx

I then join my own server and its on start map

What do I need and where to get it from.. just so the server starts with everything ready to go, I just have to
type the map name, 1on1, 2on2, etc, etc..
2007-10-03, 22:16
950 posts

Apr 2006
Detailed instructions for setting up KTX will soon appear in the Documentation area of KTX website: http://ktx.quakeonline.net
2007-10-03, 22:51
27 posts

Dec 2006
Okay cool, just remember, please please make it as basic as possible, so that someone who's never played before can set it up.
  6 posts on 1 page  1