1435 posts

Jan 2006
empezar wrote:
what about +speed?

You've probably missed the joke hehe
2008-03-02, 01:23
715 posts

May 2006
Is this implemented in 1.9? Seems like a really nice thing for the rookies to get into the game more easily.
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2008-03-02, 03:34
485 posts

Feb 2006
How will the rookie learn the real movement if he uses this command?
2008-03-02, 06:53
51 posts

Nov 2006
Tonik wrote:
The acceleration is exactly the same as usual, you just don't have to tap the strafes any more, and you can keep +jump pressed. You don't need strafes for the initial accel-jump either; but when you need to move silently, strafe running and wall running work as expected.

You get a slight advantage over classic movement in that you can now bunny-hop backwards, sideways and even diagonally very easily. I don't think you can beat reppie by running around him in circles though.

I think thats just too much of an assistance.
I mean im all for making it easier for rookies to get into the game but we should not forget why we still like qw and what makes it the most hardcore/advanced fps game out there!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2008-03-02, 14:07
125 posts

Jan 2008
I didnt really understand what this does, but is there a linux version so that I can try?
2008-03-11, 16:00
685 posts

Jul 2007
Do you really think this will be a help to rookies? I mean, strafejumping while looking besides you (holding the forward key+ strafe key) isn't that easy to do with this mod thingy... You know, like advanced players seem to do when strafing on the ledge on dm6 towards the RA while keeping an eye on the RL area below. That stuff doesn't work, 'cause when I use this and press strafe left or right, I just strafe left or right, while I should be moving like I described above (45 degrees sideways strafejumping...or whatever it's called.... what IS it called anyway?).

It's coolly done, don't get me wrong, but I wonder if this would really help rookies...like me. I prefer the old fashion way.
2008-03-11, 18:42
805 posts

Mar 2006
Kalma wrote:
How will the rookie learn the real movement if he uses this command?

Nice point!
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2008-03-11, 19:20
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
i don't know how many times i have to say this, but some people can't "learn" to bunnyjump because of physical limitations - not everyone is created with fully functional hands. this helps these people to bunnyjump and enjoy the game more.
2008-03-12, 00:11
31 posts

Nov 2007
5h17h34d wrote:
Lava Croft wrote:
The days of DOOM where all about making sure your SHIFT key was stuck for that good old 'autorun'.

I used a nickel to hold mine down.
Damn I'm old!

this comment is ages old, but as the resident doom nut, i'd like to point out that you can in fact enable autorun in doom.exe. edit your 'default.cfg' file and put the following line in it:

joyb_speed 29

of course, the advent of source ports with autorun capability makes this a moot point, but eh'
2008-03-12, 16:05
685 posts

Jul 2007
empezar wrote:
i don't know how many times i have to say this, but some people can't "learn" to bunnyjump because of physical limitations.

You'll probably have to say it many more times because I doubt most people expect people with dysfunctional hands to play Quake.
2008-03-16, 17:31
122 posts

Jan 2007
Tryed easymove for the first time today. It's pretty much useless thing for normal (even new) players. 'Coz RJ with easymove is very hard and speed RJ is practically impossible. For example to get RA on ztndm3 or aerowalk I have to turn my back in direction where I want to jump and then RJ, holding +back. This makes RJ even worser then in Q3. Sure, I can switch off cl_easymove before the RJ, but this will makes yet another script to deal with.

I'll never use this and am advising new players against this.
--
"Dag eats little Reloads for breakfast." (c) :-)
  41 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page