User panel stuff on forum
  147 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page
Other Tournaments
2007-11-11, 16:02
17 posts

Aug 2007
I must quote sfinx's sentence "Look now who is the real PWNER of povdmm4 of all times!" :-D

But just take out povdmm4 since I'm the real PWNER in all maps ahahahahah
2007-11-12, 19:41
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
HangTime wrote:
Download links for some of the demos aren't working, e.g: http://lgc.quakeworld.nu/demos/20071109_151942.sfinx.qwd.zip (Forbidden)

ups... fixed... (zalon changed umask for apache? dunno...)
2007-11-13, 02:09
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
I have not changed anything, but i noticed that inside the zip files the whole path to the demo is included, eg. home/www/lgc.quakeworld.nu/demos/filename.qwd
2007-11-13, 15:07
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
Zalon wrote:
but i noticed that inside the zip files the whole path to the demo is included, eg. home/www/lgc.quakeworld.nu/demos/filename.qwd

Maybe the really old ones, but I have fixed that bug a long while ago.. For example, if you download the demo that HangTime linked above, it does not have the paths in it. (Plz confirm...)
2007-11-13, 22:15
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
You are correct, i just downloaded one of the top10 demos
2007-11-15, 04:34
3 posts

Sep 2007
what is pwnage ???
2007-11-17, 15:53
25 posts

Oct 2007
That's it. This week I give up. Changed the entire setup, put some new textures, 24bit stuff, increased the resolution, my game sucks now but the graphics are awesome! (yes, that's my excuse). Need to get used to the new look/sens. I'm afraid that Helm is preparing a new animality score. Renzo, where are you man? You're our last hope to stop that biatch's hegemony! grrrrrrr.

heh!

duke wrote:
what is pwnage ???

Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn
2007-11-17, 21:22
17 posts

Aug 2007
I give up too I was hoping you would represent us Sfinx. This is my last demo in lgc2(it's not a promise )
2007-11-17, 22:10
25 posts

Oct 2007
Helm wrote:
I give up too I was hoping you would represent us Sfinx. This is my last demo in lgc2(it's not a promise )

Easy pal! I was kidding. It was just a compliment for your gameplay and your current hegemony! And to put some 'flame' here and motivate people. It's just a game.

As for the 'representation'.. well, actually I don't care about flags, colors, and stuff. This is just used to separate people. Our government doesn't pay us to play, they just care about filling their asses with money and cocaine.. screw them and call me citizen of planet Earth! Heh!

And no! This is not your last demo, mister! I still want to see your animality scores, but where is the fun if you don't have adversaries? I'm still practicing here, but the goddamn bot insist to fuck up my LG in the last minute! grrrr.
2007-11-22, 15:33
25 posts

Oct 2007
Hey,

I dont want to remember old battles (hi def! ), but is there some way to completely remove bot's packet loss? As I saw in other people's demos, sometimes the bot has PL and sometimes don't, the same happens here. It´s worse to play with PL because the bot isn't a separated entity, it's my own machine.. so, if it has PL, my machine isn't going well, and it's much better to play without PL. Any trick or something?
2007-11-22, 19:52
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
try sys_highpriority together with sys_yieldcpu
2007-11-23, 04:03
1329 posts

Apr 2006
No!

The PL is coded in the FBCA sources and only way to get rid of it is to modify sources. I'm sure phil will do this if he wants to, other actions player(s) take removing the pl can be considered as cheating.
Servers: Troopers
2007-11-23, 16:23
25 posts

Oct 2007
Zalon wrote:
try sys_highpriority together with sys_yieldcpu

Well, I don't have the sys_highpriority variable here (linux client). I've tried to change the sys_yieldcpu to 1, but didn't change anything related to the bot's PL, the only thing that changed was the FPS, it became real low, so I have to keep using 0. I've tried to change process priority (ezquake-gl.glx) outside the client by using the 'nice' command on Linux, but it didn't help too.

Renzo wrote:
No!

The PL is coded in the FBCA sources and only way to get rid of it is to modify sources. I'm sure phil will do this if he wants to, other actions player(s) take removing the pl can be considered as cheating.

Oh.. But why sometimes the bot has PL and sometimes don't? Last game I could play the whole 3 minutes without PL, and I though that it could be related to my machine. Sometimes the bot's PL jumps to 5! Is there nothing to do with the machine's temperature, uptime, memory, or something running outside the client eating cpu?
2007-11-23, 19:04
637 posts

Jan 2006
I bet you use some kind of a cheat, From: Brazil speaks for itself really
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-11-23, 21:55
950 posts

Apr 2006
goqsane wrote:
I bet you use some kind of a cheat, From: Brazil speaks for itself really

***** EDIT BY MODERATOR ******
Goqsane, consider yourself warned here...
This is the exact kind of post that is NOT wanted in these forums.

As a reminder, here is the rule that this post breaks:
Forum rules wrote:
1) Please don't be abusive to other users. If you have a problem with a particular user, take it to a private message or to IRC - keep personal flamewars away from the forum.
This also extends to comments about religion or race...

***** END OF EDIT *****
2007-11-23, 23:30
25 posts

Oct 2007
I'm sure that goqsane was joking around, deurk.

If the bot was coded to behave like this, no problem at all, but it seems a much more 'cleaner' game when the bot doesn't have PL, he becomes more agressive, keeps coming closer, and it's better to burn him! Or maybe it's just placebo effect.. hmm.
2007-11-24, 00:47
950 posts

Apr 2006
No, goqsane has a long history of non-joking harsh comments. If it is a joke, now's clearly time to move to another register of jokes before ban.
2007-12-02, 23:12
25 posts

Oct 2007
!phil wrote:
There is a new sherriff in town (but he is still Brazilian)

sfinx has won his 3rd LGC2, this time on dmm4_3.

Phil!! Helm sent a 12k demo, he won this week! Check the hp! I'm still not the sherriff. Next time on dmm4_3 I'll try my 12k

Quote:
In fact, he is very close to an unprecedented 12k, which I don't even have an Icon for... Who can be better than Chuck Norris?!?!?

BRUCE LEE!
2007-12-02, 23:16
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
Yeah something isn't right with your stats, looks like you wrote your MOTW too early.

Helm had a 70.7% shaft demo topping 12k.
Also more than 5 ppl entered: helm, sfinx, lethalwiz, cyr, some random swede I've never heard of, me, and you

Oh, and as for who's better than Chuck Norris - Jack Bauer and MacGuyver.
2007-12-03, 00:03
78 posts

Aug 2006
Yeah, I have to settle for 3:d as usual
How about Steve Seagal for 12k?

EDIT: How could I forget... ofc Rambo should be the 12k icon
2007-12-03, 02:46
17 posts

Aug 2007
I uploaded a 12k demo!!! Where is it? I uploaded before time ran out
2007-12-03, 02:49
17 posts

Aug 2007
Sfinx was very hard to beat btw, he has knocked me out in the last rounds... I got lucky in this one!!! If you watch the demo, you'll see I got most of the respawns in front of me, otherwise Sfinx would have gotten another one! That's it, I retire hehe! Sfinx will rule on from now on(as if he wasn't doing it already)
2007-12-03, 02:53
17 posts

Aug 2007
One more thing... I agree with Sfinx... 12k should be Bruce Lee!!! Or Emelianenko Fedor!!
2007-12-03, 03:16
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
woops.. updated :> :> :>
2007-12-03, 09:52
2 posts

Dec 2007
Saw this for the first time yesterday, nice !phil, love it : ) Didn't quite have enough time, sleep or experience this time - haven't really played QW for... over 7 years now? Still the best game though, just don't have anyone to LAN with and my ping is atrocious from up here.

Will check out next map for sure! Gonna take a long time to become top 3 material though (even if I was for a short while before everyone began sniping in their real subs ; )), just aiming is nothing without some moves and dodges - compare how many percent my bot got on me compared to what everyone elses did... hilarious. Yours all look like idiots while my uncontrollable beast of a bot pulled some real ninja shit on me every now and then!

"Random swede" aww... j/k x)
2007-12-04, 17:22
705 posts

Feb 2006
welcome to the forum and wb to quake torzeman
2007-12-05, 15:18
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
regarding phil's question on the site:

nothing/noone is stronger than chuck norris.

you can put rambo or mr. T in the 2nd/3rd place
or even hannibal or predator/alien/bruce lee

but imo chuck norris is nr 1 forever

edit: ic someone else already suggestd
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2007-12-05, 18:51
25 posts

Oct 2007
mushi wrote:
nothing/noone is stronger than chuck norris.

Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris:
--------------------------------
Event: The Way Of The Dragon
Map: Coliseum
Type: Arena
Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIwQMBeC2c
--------------------------------
Explain me that!
2007-12-05, 19:04
805 posts

Mar 2006
sfinx wrote:
Oh.. But why sometimes the bot has PL and sometimes don't? Last game I could play the whole 3 minutes without PL, and I though that it could be related to my machine. Sometimes the bot's PL jumps to 5! Is there nothing to do with the machine's temperature, uptime, memory, or something running outside the client eating cpu?

That PL is fake and has no influence over bot's skills. You can set it to zero, just switching a var in the source.

Do you wanna try a bot without PL? Try this one (you'll see it's the same thing):

vegetous wrote:
You may like this one: LINK

This is the FBCA 1.01-kt with Trinca's 378 maps support and two extra deathmatch modes. The deathmatch 7 is meant for the LGC and the 8 is the same thing but you'll have only the LG.
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2007-12-10, 19:39
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
phil wrote:
some of the little annoyances such as bot shooting rockets

Actually I quite like bots shooting rockets, because while he is reloading it gives you a nice chance to move in and shaft away unopposed. It's kind of like a 'tactic' you can use to manipulate the long distance between you and the bot.
  147 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page