User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2007-08-27, 21:31
89 posts

Mar 2006
I guess this has been discussed somewhere but didnt find a thread to bump up so I made a new one. I find the idea very intriguing but im not quite sure what does the qw scene gain from this. Perhaps with enough donations we could get some extra publicity,more competitive feeling and lure some old schoolers out from their caves but then again a smallish prize money would be just a waste of effort and it will definately put some pressure on the tournament and admins. Some rich ass mofos would be needed to make a bit larger initial donation to get things going. The prize money should be capped or the prize "distribution" should be altered if by some miracle the prize money gets big because it would definately fuck up the whole tournament. Imagine the ping whine etc. when there is too much money at stake.

I remember the last thread had some talk about tournament entrance fees but thats just plain stupid imo.

The whole idea is very fucking problematic but it has some potential.

Discuss :C
2007-08-27, 21:45
705 posts

Feb 2006
1) get 2/3 ppl that we know can be trusted with a decent amount of money.
2) start the fundraiser
3) decide how to distribute the money.
4) Get it GOING woho!
2007-08-27, 21:53
89 posts

Mar 2006
Btw I dont think its a problem to get some trustworthy quakers to admin the money. Just pick someone who is known at the "local" scene ie. probably a swede because the qhlans are there and not some dude from kurwaland who is only known through the internets.
2007-08-28, 03:17
163 posts

Jan 2006
hafog wrote:
Just pick someone who is known at the "local" scene.

Wasnt zander69 known by the local scene...?
http://www.aimbot.se/pic/dopefish_anim.gif
2007-08-28, 07:11
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Maybe we could ask the QHLAN crew to receive donations on their bank account that are specifically labeled to such a tournament for the upcoming LAN in January.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
  5 posts on 1 page  1