User panel stuff on forum
  18 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2007-08-18, 09:45
34 posts

May 2007
I was watching prac witch my fredns play on wargames.After map change one of the player left to change qizmo.His place took spectator (goqsane) and he block the place ,they try to elect admin to kick him becouse he don't want to leave.Before the election did finish he was able to make lag on him self (he has 999 ping).Elected admin could not kick him becouse you can't kick player who is timeout (they try).Normly after some short time servers drop that connection, but that did not take place ,this lag guy stay on server as long as hi like.They have to stop the prac! and when they try to change server he folowed and do that again.I think you guys have to be worn becouse it is very dangerous ,and a request to developers to fix this hole!
Imagine a EQL final and him or another guy without dick! brrr
2007-08-18, 09:57
401 posts

Mar 2006
heh
2007-08-18, 10:46
1435 posts

Jan 2006
IIRC this has been fixed already. Wargamez have really old QW server version.
2007-08-18, 11:02
34 posts

May 2007
Good to hear this John ,but majority of legaue games are on wargamez ,wher whole europe has nice pings ,who is admin of those servers? and why they are so of outdate? somone know this men ?
2007-08-18, 12:34
1329 posts

Apr 2006
spin wrote:
Good to hear this John ,but majority of legaue games are on wargamez ,wher whole europe has nice pings ,who is admin of those servers? and why they are so of outdate? somone know this men ?

You know what? Good question.

I made mvdsv+ktx package specifically for Wargamez.dk and Sassa sent it to him so we could have updated Wargamez for leagues and shit. It would have required NO input from the guy, just run it as it was pre-configured and 100% ready.

The update was supposed to happen BEFORE midsummer festival (by the end of june) but no avail. Also the admin is so paranoid that he couldn't just give me the shell access for 5 minutes so I could put it up and running (yeah, it would have taken that long...) and then change the shell password or something so I wouldn't have the access any longer.

That's the way it just goes.
Servers: Troopers
2007-08-18, 13:54
284 posts

Oct 2006
Renzo wrote:
spin wrote:

I made mvdsv+ktx package specifically for Wargamez.dk and Sassa sent it to him so we could have updated Wargamez for leagues and shit. It would have required NO input from the guy, just run it as it was pre-configured and 100% ready.

The update was supposed to happen BEFORE midsummer festival (by the end of june) but no avail. Also the admin is so paranoid that he couldn't just give me the shell access for 5 minutes so I could put it up and running (yeah, it would have taken that long...) and then change the shell password or something so I wouldn't have the access any longer.

Wouldn't it be worth it to give this another shot. Either by you Renzo, or Sassa. I imagine you still have the package available

Since wg is the central of a lot of games in EU atm., it would be really nice to get this fixed ://
2007-08-18, 15:06
34 posts

May 2007
hell yea! ppl lest do the right thing ,push that guy , he know how important those servers are? i don't think so.Before we start flooding his mail box ,we need some information about that subject.I guest someone know it already so plz share this information with us or just do the right thing .
2007-08-18, 17:09
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
niomic wrote:
Renzo wrote:
spin wrote:

Wouldn't it be worth it to give this another shot. Either by you Renzo, or Sassa. I imagine you still have the package available

Since wg is the central of a lot of games in EU atm., it would be really nice to get this fixed ://

I am all over the guy, but he seems to have a very LONG vacation.
I will try again tomorrow, it all sounded good until I sent the package to him, after that he has been dead quiet
2007-08-18, 17:13
1329 posts

Apr 2006
sassa wrote:
I will try again tomorrow, it all sounded good until I sent the package to him, after that he has been dead quiet

Perhaps it was too complicated and he had aneurysm?
2007-08-18, 19:10
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
or perhaps he's just an ass. ignoring people instead of telling them no.

god damnit.
2007-08-18, 22:01
1329 posts

Apr 2006
The funniest thing is that even if he's a total paranoid, he still runs outdated mvdsv/ktpro that can be hacked...

Nice security there.
2007-08-19, 09:38
89 posts

Mar 2006
Wow that shit was intentional? Thought it was the server bugging or something. Very nice first prac in months and the lameness reaches new heights.
2007-08-19, 11:48
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
so, goqsane did this?

well, at least in quakeworld, the "lameness" is only one person.
2007-08-19, 12:02
1100 posts

Jan 2006
Huh, what? Where does goqsane come in here?
2007-08-19, 13:03
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
His place took spectator (goqsane) and he block the place ,they try to elect admin to kick him

perhaps I'm misunderstanding? it's a weird sentence.
2007-08-19, 18:09
637 posts

Jan 2006
I just had to log in to say: WTF? I really don't know what you're talking about so could anyone explain this? Yes I was on spec and I saw that Nostria had a constant timeout 999
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-08-20, 07:52
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
okay, so it wasn't goqsane. i apologize for assuming it was.
2007-08-20, 15:27
89 posts

Mar 2006
Riight it wasn't you? Let's see first you refused to leave the server and pulled off some shit? no? After that you accused the div5 team of faking? no? And after that you didn't cause that unbelievable shit, yeees how convenient. Most definately it was goqsane if he was the fucker who caused all the delay etc bullshit even before the first map.
  18 posts on 1 page  1