User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2007-08-06, 02:51
4 posts

Aug 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/skacre/ezquake002-1.png

2 things, First, isn't the orange font really bright? I've noticed, based on the new team messages that there are multiple font colors, is there a command that I can use to change the font color for chat without modifying any charsets? Second, you may be able to notice bleeding on the white font. PlaZmaZ figured out that this was because I had gl_smoothfont turned on, I've since turned it off but figured I'd bring up the issue anyhow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/skacre/ezquake001-1.png

This next screenshot is compressed and I apologize, I don't have a good image host. This again shows how bright the chat text is. But the other thing it was supposed to show (not very clear anymore) is that there is a gray box around the quake guys face and health #'s. Is there a setting I can change to get rid of this? The gray box isn't around any other parts of the hud and this is with a fresh install of nquake v1.7a so I don't think it is anything I've done.

I am having a hell of a time implementing 24bit skins. I downloaded nQuake v1.7a because I wanted the highres skins, but they are apparently not enabled by default. I'd like to set it so that I'm not forcing a specific enemy or friend to any specific skin but that they just use the high res skins that match whatever color they've picked. Is this possible? IE, If I'm playing CA, I join the blue team, entire blueteam is using high res blue skins entire red team is using high res red skins. If the teams get changed to 3, everyone who joins yellow uses high res yellow skins. Not sure if this is possible.

My infostr length is constantly out of space. The faq says to null out some values, but whenever I do they immediately get reset, there must be a better way, can't I make the strlen info larger than 196? Here is what mine says:
Full info string: '\msg\1\noaim\1\*client\ezQuake 1985\*z_ext\127\lw\0\ls\0\pmodel\33168\emodel\6967\drate\999999\b_switch\7\w_switch\7\rate\30000\skin\base\name\skace\oldteam\red\topcolor\7\bottomcolor\4\chat\1'
The only thing I personally changed was my name. So all of these are basically default settings meaning if the 196 is correct, anyone who installs this immediately runs out of strlen. I don't believe I have an exceptionally long name also.

The in-game video menu doesn't support 2560x1600 res, so I had to go back to command lines.

Is there a way to change the nail tracers?

Will the security module ever come back?

If anything I've asked has been documented, feel free to link me, I've been reading around quite a bit but haven't found sufficient answers.
2007-08-06, 07:20
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
get rid of the box around the health with: hud_group1_show 0

the high res skins in nquake are enabled "by default", meaning if you use the config that comes with nquake as base of your own config.

enemyskin red makes the enemy use the high res "red" skin
teamskin white makes the team use high res "white" skin, etc

look on /qw/skins/ for more skins
2007-08-06, 22:52
4 posts

Aug 2007
"get rid of the box around the health with: hud_group1_show 0"

That works, but it resets back to 1 everytime the map changes? Tried manually saving cfg also.

Thanks.
2007-08-06, 23:05
4 posts

Aug 2007
Hmmm, I just had to make my changes, save my config and then quit the game before the map changed. Then come back in with my updated settings. Weird?
2007-08-06, 23:56
60 posts

May 2006
You don't really need a command line to change the res in Ezquake 1.8+ if your start ezquake without one it'll use the desktop res. Its true that it does need the wide screen res in the menus, but you can change the res via the console.

vid_customwidth "1680" speaks for itself
vid_customheight "1050" speaks for itself
vid_mode "-1" is the custom res mode, like in quake3, quake2 fusion, darkplaces
vid_conwidth "840"
vid_conheight "525"

vid_displayfrequency "60"
vid_colorbits "32"
vid_depthbits "24"
vid_vsync "0" guess

then to reset the res to above

vid_restart

enter
2007-08-07, 05:30
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
it's a "bug" skace, currently your config file is saved on quit, but it is loaded when joining a server. so if you change your settings on a server and then reconnect or join another server, your settings are lost.

i've submitted a request to change this here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1768278&group_id=117445&atid=678562
  6 posts on 1 page  1