User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Maps & Textures
2007-08-04, 16:23
3 posts

Aug 2007
I'm looking for Zaka, the author of the (wonderful) map Skull, as i want to ask his permission for porting it to another game (Nexuiz). Unfortunately the email address that's found on his site appears not to work anymore (i get an error message in reply saying "Recipient address rejected: User over quota" and lots of other gibberish that's beyond my ability to comprehend )
Can anyone help me getting in contact with him?
2007-08-04, 16:30
3 posts

Aug 2007
[Duh!]
Disregard all i said: I just turned on my brain and checked this forum's member list. Guess what? Zaka is in there, just a pm away xD
[/Duh!]
2007-08-04, 17:57
39 posts

Mar 2006
also ask him how hos work on sacredb1 is going
...remember when you were young, you shone like the sun...
2007-08-04, 22:36
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
s3cc0, you can find him here: http://quakeworld.nu/profiles/942/

try to write to that email or send him a message on this site
2007-08-04, 22:59
1100 posts

Jan 2006
Urrgh, Nexuiz needs it's own maps. Just by porting maps that are polished for other games the quality will no go up the slightest...
2007-08-05, 09:21
1026 posts

Feb 2006
yeah.. i agree with Spirit

take Warsow for example: the game has some really, really good original maps suited for its gameplay and that alone makes me play it
god damn hippies >_<
2007-08-05, 10:59
3 posts

Aug 2007
sassa wrote:
s3cc0, you can find him here: http://quakeworld.nu/profiles/942/

try to write to that email or send him a message on this site

thanks, i sent him a PM (there's no email T_T), but he seems to have been active on the forum for only a short amount of time months ago. I hope he'll come back someday

Spirit wrote:
Urrgh, Nexuiz needs it's own maps. Just by porting maps that are polished for other games the quality will no go up the slightest...

Aquashark wrote:
yeah.. i agree with Spirit

take Warsow for example: the game has some really, really good original maps suited for its gameplay and that alone makes me play it

well, it HAS its own maps actually, and, beside the ones that ship with the game (some of which are indeed remakes) it's probably got far more custom maps than Warsow has. That is, unless you count Warsow's race maps, of which there seems to be an endless supply Not to mention that Warsow does have its q3dm6, its cpm3a, etc. Oh, and please note that i don't mean to flame Warsow at all, i love that game myself
I just think Skull could work well on Nexuiz (now that i think of it, it would probably rock on Warsow too ), and in any case i'm not a mapper by any stretch of the imagination, so i'm definitely not the guy who will bring good original maps to Nexuiz
btw the practice of "stealing" good Quake maps has a long and venerable tradition in the history of FPS's as far as i can tell
  7 posts on 1 page  1