User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Client Talk  ‹  nQuake
  870 posts on 29 pages  First page10111213141516171819Last page
Client Talk
2007-11-21, 20:54
229 posts

Aug 2007
oldman, so we'll get that pretty soon through nightlybuild? Just started using this "classic" hud and it looks great. Fonts are too big with low conwidth/height so I'm anxious about this feature.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2007-11-21, 21:52
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
yeah great oldman, i'll definitely take a close look at that when it's done
2007-11-26, 09:26
18 posts

Apr 2007
Three random questions that popped into my head:

* does nQuake include the latest frogbot code, and does it include support for as much maps as possible?
* does nQuake include all the highest-quality textures from QRP, also the newest ones, like for aerowalk and such?
* it would be nice to include more maps into the package, cause often when I join an online server I still have to download extra maps that get played there (which is slow)

Anyway, nquake is great.
So far it's the easiest and best developed client-package that I've had the pleasure to use.
Keep up the great work!
2007-11-26, 09:41
1011 posts

Feb 2006
enkrypt wrote:
does nQuake include all the highest-quality textures from QRP, also the newest ones, like for aerowalk and such?

afaik it contains the latest QRP textures, but uses the slightly lower quality .jpg versions to reduce file size (whilst still being of much higher quality than the original textures)
2007-11-26, 10:34
18 posts

Apr 2007
Ok.
Another question: what is the use of weapon scripts?
I've tried a few on this forum, and the biggest effect it has is that after i shoot one rocket, it switches back to boomstick.
What is the advantage of that behaviour?
Or why should I use a weapon script?
2007-11-26, 12:30
171 posts

Jan 2006
Hehe, what a fundamental question enkrypt. It's really easy actually. You want to switch back to boomstick fast because when you die, you drop the weapon you have selected and are using at that very moment (the weapon which is shown). So you don't want to drop a rocketlauncher or shaft to your enemies, would you?
.over.and.out.ten.four.roger.that.affirmative.
2007-11-26, 12:31
229 posts

Aug 2007
You don't want to drop RL to your enemies, you will alwaysdo that if you wield it in your hands most of the time.

edit: flintheart was faster.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]

QUAD
2007-11-26, 13:11
950 posts

Apr 2006
flintheart wrote:
(the weapon which is shown)

Not true if you are using weapon preselection with ezQ afaik
2007-11-26, 14:04
229 posts

Aug 2007
deurk wrote:
flintheart wrote:
(the weapon which is shown)

Not true if you are using weapon preselection with ezQ afaik

Yeah, it's rather easy to perform.

r_weaponhide 1
r_weaponpreselect 1
r_viewpreselgun 1

+rocket "weapon 7;+attack"
-rocket "-attack"
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]

QUAD
2007-11-26, 15:15
18 posts

Apr 2007
Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me.
I have activated this option in ezQuake, so now I'm running around with an sg by default.
Now if I have both the rl and the lg, it always picks the rl by default with left mouse button.
What if I decide I wanna use the shaft?
Say in close combat...

nm, i figured it out
2007-11-26, 17:00
18 posts

Apr 2007
A strange thing that I noticed:

when I play with bots (/bot_ffa or bot_1on1) locally,
I have about 15 ms ping, and the bots have about 85 ms ping!
How is that possible, on a local server with local bots?
My settings are quite normal, I picked ADSL > 256kbit and low packetloss,
other than that nothing special.
2007-11-26, 21:41
40 posts

Jun 2007
Hi there, i would like to know when the new version of nquake will come out ?thanks!
2007-11-26, 22:04
705 posts

Feb 2006
newbie wrote:
Hi there, i would like to know when the new version of nquake will come out ?thanks!

expecting any new features or just wanna know?
2007-11-27, 08:23
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
There will probably be a release for Dreamhack, don't know if that will be an official release or just a Dreamhack edition
2007-11-27, 15:44
229 posts

Aug 2007
Sounds interesting.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]

QUAD
2007-11-27, 16:53
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
enkrypt wrote:
A strange thing that I noticed:

when I play with bots (/bot_ffa or bot_1on1) locally,
I have about 15 ms ping, and the bots have about 85 ms ping!
How is that possible, on a local server with local bots?
My settings are quite normal, I picked ADSL > 256kbit and low packetloss,
other than that nothing special.

the bots don't actually have 85 ping
2007-11-27, 17:59
18 posts

Apr 2007
If they don't actually have 85 ping and I don't actually have 15 ping, for who is ezquake pretending all these fake stats then? :p
2007-11-27, 18:08
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
since the bots are run by ezquake, their real ping is 0, but they probably have a "fake ping" that delays their actions by ~85ms, perhaps depending on what skill level you set them on.

i don't know the details.
2007-11-27, 19:18
1026 posts

Feb 2006
yepp.. their ping is skill related
god damn hippies >_<
2007-11-27, 20:59
200 posts

Apr 2006
don't use this

+rocket "weapon 7;+attack"
-rocket "-attack"

just use
bind mouse1 +attack
and
bind key weapon 7
bind anotherkey weapon 8
2007-11-27, 23:49
40 posts

Jun 2007
Yeap, i am kinda expecting new features `n` much more!!!Do you know how soon it will come out?
2007-11-28, 06:23
31 posts

Nov 2007
Small problem with nQuake 1.8. Both problems occour with autohud = simple, autotrack = auto

1. When watching a 4v4, team colors seem to not want to work at all. Most of the time, both teams show up as grey. Other times, one team shows up as a color and the other team shows up grey. One time, the game couldn't decide which team was which color and both teams flashed red/blue at several hundred times a second. Ultimately, team colors don't work.
2. The 2v2 HUD is broken. It shows one persons view and a radar with a black square background in the upper left hand corner. Something better, please.

Also, if there isnt one already, it would be nice to have a KT command reference somewhere.

Great work on the package, and kudos to the people who made on the various components as well.
2007-11-28, 10:21
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
seems to me that your problems are with ezquake, not nquake.
2007-11-29, 16:10
31 posts

Nov 2007
empezar wrote:

I was under the impression that nquake == ezquake + configs. Isn't the fancy 4v4 and duel spec HUD done through configs that nquake supplies? Or are those the ezquake defaults?
2007-11-29, 18:38
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
AlexMax wrote:
empezar wrote:

I was under the impression that nquake == ezquake + configs. Isn't the fancy 4v4 and duel spec HUD done through configs that nquake supplies? Or are those the ezquake defaults?

well first, it sounded to me like you changed the config and then got bugs while watching demos?

and second, if "mvd_autohud" is set to "simple", then it sounds to me like it should automagically set the best settings when watching demos - hence the problem seems to be with ezquake.

i have never really tried to watch any demos with multiview so i can't really help you with this.

if you solve it and find better settings please let me know.
2007-11-30, 13:32
1026 posts

Feb 2006
nquake doesn't have cfg_save_unchanged 1
that's why unbinded buttons default to binds from pak0.pak/default.cfg
god damn hippies >_<
2007-11-30, 13:42
31 posts

Nov 2007
Before I reply, I beleive I've found a genuine problem with nquake that does not show up in vanilla ez. Ctrl is always bound to +attack. Always. If you change it to something else, even if you save your config, when you start ez the next time ctrl is rebound to +attack. This was confirmed by Aquashark.

empezar wrote:
AlexMax wrote:
empezar wrote:

well first, it sounded to me like you changed the config and then got bugs while watching demos?

True, I have determined this to be an ezquake problem and not a nquake problem.

Quote:
and second, if "mvd_autohud" is set to "simple", then it sounds to me like it should automagically set the best settings when watching demos - hence the problem seems to be with ezquake.

Let's take a look at the manual:

Quote:
0 Won't do anything
1 Will load appropriate config according to current match type. Possible types: 1on1, 4on4, custom. Config is like cfg/mvdhud_4on4.cfg
2 Will always load cfg/mvdhud_custom.cfg

This is exactly what happens. When autohud is set to simple, it loads the correct config file, which I have NOT modified (the only config file I've touched is the normal config.cfg).

For some reason, although the two config files are identical, I'm finding a visual difference between the 2on2 configs in vanilla ez and nquake. The vanilla 2v2 AutoHUD has a split screen, while the nquake 2v2 autohud does not.

It doesn't really matter though, because they both look equally ugly. In both cases, the radar decides to be a big black blemish on the upper right hand corner of the screen. You can move the radar with enter, but I think it would be ideal for the 'out of the box' configuration to look as nice as possible.

Quote:
i have never really tried to watch any demos with multiview so i can't really help you with this.

if you solve it and find better settings please let me know.

Really? I think that autohud ought to be the default, when properly configured it makes watching 2v2, 4v4 and QTV a LOT more spectator friendly.

Someone with a knack for configuring things ought to see if they can, for the 2v2 HUD, get the radar pic to be smaller, semitransparent, and then allow enter to toggle the radar between a vertically centered left, a vertically centered right, or totally off. The 4v4 and Duel huds look fine though.
2007-11-30, 18:57
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
actually i have bound ctrl to toggleconsole and that one sticks. i'm using mac so this might be a windows ezq problem?

and i'll look at the demo stuff when i get time, it would help a lot if someone would just tell me what do change though.
2007-12-04, 07:25
40 posts

Jun 2007
Hi, will the new version of nquake look like fte engine?i mean,i am talking about all those graphics???thank you
2007-12-04, 17:06
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
nquake is just a package, ezquake is the client included in nquake

and i doubt new ezq versions will look like fte
  870 posts on 29 pages  First page10111213141516171819Last page