User panel stuff on forum
  24 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2007-05-27, 21:33
156 posts

Mar 2006
So what did you guys think of tonight's coverage?
I'm no suck up, but honestly I think tonight was the best commentary in the history of QW. The Sassa/Xerial combination is really working out well for me. Both with really good knowledge of the scene, background information, cool stories, tactical analysis, etc.
What could perhaps be a good idea is to have 'guests' in the commentary from time to time. Former clanmates perhaps? Oldschool players? Just as a thought.
2007-05-27, 21:45
51 posts

Apr 2007
Would be nice with some guests during the game intermissions between the maps.
Hope eztv gets developed more so that it will be easier to watch and coment and stuff =)
My name is Salt.
I am a rookie.
Join the jollen servers!!
#qwrookie
2007-05-27, 21:53
126 posts

Oct 2006
XERIAL PPWWWWWND., he rocked : ).,. i want him to be the only commentary guy nice work anyways from the other commentary guys, but xerial <3
2007-05-27, 22:01
518 posts

Jan 2006
ye xerial rox, but if you want good commentary you need 2 people
2007-05-27, 23:04
135 posts

Jan 2006
clone xerial ;E
2007-05-27, 23:18
247 posts

Jan 2006
get purity back !! purity + xerial
2007-05-28, 13:38
198 posts

Oct 2006
Could the commentary voice quality be a bit better?
2007-05-28, 15:06
48 posts

Feb 2007
where is the commentary ?
2007-05-28, 15:37
12 posts

May 2007
xerial's commentary is awesome. just like someone said - clone him.
2007-05-28, 15:49
59 posts

Mar 2006
The commentary was great but there is still room for improvement:
1) Two commentators are enough, often three people tried to talk at the same time.
2) If you weren't connected to the same qizmo cam you would see other things than the commentators.
3) Sassa sounds like he is under drug influence all the time (and could use an english course or two).
2007-05-28, 16:48
51 posts

Apr 2007
Apollyon wrote:
2) If you weren't connected to the same qizmo cam you would see other things than the commentators.

We could allways use the proxy to proxy cams, like sassa connects to the server, 10 cams connects to sassas qizmo, then all the 10 proxys will get the same view as sassa.

But im guessing eztv will take care of stuff like that hopefully.
My name is Salt.
I am a rookie.
#qwrookie
2007-05-28, 17:12
62 posts

Jan 2006
Personally I really like Xerial, he has done a great job and his dialect is nice and easy to listen to. I would gladly change Sassa to someone who speaks english better, lotts of stops swenglish words coming from him. Sassa is great of announcing a game, but when the game starts i think he should take a more inactive role. Maby the freshly ressurected GAZ could help Xerial out? Now this is _IF_ Xerial and GAZ still are here to help the community this fall?
2007-05-28, 17:38
355 posts

Jun 2006
Agreed nopee. Sassa has great knowledge of the game but he doesn't speak English as his first language and it's quite noticeable. I'm not sure if this is something Sassa could easily overcome (I doubt I would if Swedish was my first language). I still feel Sassa is a valuable commentator though (especially during Ownage 1on1 matches). Perhaps it's time to start training a native English-speaker to understand 4on4 well ;p
2007-05-28, 17:49
1100 posts

Jan 2006
I could not understand a single word what Gaz said yesterday. Might be too much bass or muted setup on his place. No idea.
2007-05-28, 18:28
27 posts

Jan 2007
I had no problem hearing or understanding gaz yesterday. His volume was a notch lower than xerial's and sassa's, but I think the sound quality was good. I don't understand why so many people complained about the sound quality. Apparently, for some people it sounded bad, but I didn't experience any sound issues.
2007-05-28, 22:53
12 posts

May 2007
gaz sounded very bad. to much background noise. dunno what was cause of that.
2007-05-29, 01:26
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
honestly I would loved to step down and just do the pretalk/aftertalk of the games!!

its sweet to sit with your coca cola and cheez doodles and spec some nice games.

gaz had some background noise aswell, if u recall the last 2 maps I didnt talk that much just some short things here and there and let xeri + gaz take it over.

about the autotrack, there were 2 many cams so the autotrack got fucked around abit, still waiting for some perfect cleaning of ezTV so we will get perfect spec-view, that will for sure (hopefully) be ready for next season.
2007-05-29, 07:18
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
PlaZmaZ wrote:
Sassa has great knowledge of the game but he doesn't speak English as his first language and it's quite noticeable. I'm not sure if this is something Sassa could easily overcome (I doubt I would if Swedish was my first language).

isn't xerial's first language swedish?
2007-05-29, 10:33
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
yes !

btw my first language is farsi and my second is swedish and third english!
2007-05-29, 10:35
163 posts

Jan 2006
sassa wrote:
yes !

btw my first language is farsi and my second is swedish and third english!

then commentate in farsi please. ;(
http://www.aimbot.se/pic/dopefish_anim.gif
2007-05-29, 16:14
51 posts

Apr 2007
Up the codex to something simualr to 128bit 44khz stuff like winamp radio too?
My name is Salt.
I am a rookie.
#qwrookie
2007-05-29, 18:19
355 posts

Jun 2006
Empezar wrote:
PlaZmaZ wrote:
Sassa has great knowledge of the game but he doesn't speak English as his first language and it's quite noticeable. I'm not sure if this is something Sassa could easily overcome (I doubt I would if Swedish was my first language).

isn't xerial's first language swedish?

Eh, don't know. His English is very good though
2007-05-29, 18:33
156 posts

Mar 2006
I don't really understand the nature of this discussion. Of course it's 'nice' when the commentator is a native English speaker, but I don't think it makes a big difference if he's not. I wouldn't offer Sassa a job as a spokesman in the British parliament, but his English is more than good enough for Quakeworld commentary. And besides... it's about time you guys appreciated the 'dirty work' that comes alongside our viewing pleasure. It's a lot of fun to just sit there, eat crisps, have a beer, watch the game and listen to the commentary. But theres a lot of work behind it too, so let's not be anal and picky about it.
2007-05-29, 23:06
355 posts

Jun 2006
soma wrote:
I don't really understand the nature of this discussion. Of course it's 'nice' when the commentator is a native English speaker, but I don't think it makes a big difference if he's not. I wouldn't offer Sassa a job as a spokesman in the British parliament, but his English is more than good enough for Quakeworld commentary. And besides... it's about time you guys appreciated the 'dirty work' that comes alongside our viewing pleasure. It's a lot of fun to just sit there, eat crisps, have a beer, watch the game and listen to the commentary. But theres a lot of work behind it too, so let's not be anal and picky about it.

Sorry if I came off that way, didn't mean to offend anyone.

I understand Sassa does a lot of work for the QW community and I fully appreciate his work. I think someone should take over some of the burden. I love commentary and listened to it for every match in Ownage that I witnessed live. I've also been listening for many of the 4on4 matches. Thank you Sassa, Xerial, Soma, and everyone else who does commentary
  24 posts on 1 page  1