User panel stuff on forum
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
Client Talk
2007-10-24, 02:00
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
I've removed all leds from built-in teamsays.
when you point at runes, it only says the rune name, not "strength rune", etc
"coming" "help" "safe" "took" etc messages are no longer colored

download the latest ezquake from our nightly build and try them out
http://quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2394
2007-10-26, 03:59
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
people wrote:
in your point i dont see the "point" (phun) in having it spam the teammembers name shownick should be used instead.
tp_msgneed show location?
tp_msglost need %e ?
when you have quad and press need it doesnt say Q need %u %l just need %u
tp_msgutake
tp_msgcoming ... to much info ? like coming %l armor/health rl/shaft:ammo ammo
tp_msgslipped saying difference depeding on map ( enemy SNG dm3 , enemy slipped dm2 ,enemy mega e1m2)
tp_enemyrl saying enemy rl on location
might be some bad suggestions
but this is what i was looking for ...

These can come in handy as well:
alias _youtake "say_team $\$nick you take $[{%l}$]"
alias _slipped "say_team $\$nick $tp_name_enemy slipped $[{%l}$]"

youtake/slipped will be done.

slipped won't say the difference between maps.
tp_enemyrl won't be done

the other stuff i'll also look into and probably fix any bugs left
2007-11-09, 22:12
12 posts

Nov 2007
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK wrote:
']I've removed all leds from built-in teamsays.
when you point at runes, it only says the rune name, not "strength rune", etc
"coming" "help" "safe" "took" etc messages are no longer colored

Why? And if you're going to remove the leds then at least keep the colored text. I thought the whole point of the colors were to help distinguish the different tp messages. Minus the bugs, the built-in messages in 1.8.2 were great. Now I think they're harder then ever to differentiate. Why the change? And please don't tell me it has anything to do with backwards compatibility with obsolete clients.
2007-11-10, 01:17
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
Colored leds were removed because there is a trend in qw that people are simply not using them anymore. I believe this is because the idea is that every bind you sent is equally important, so all lines must be read. To have red/green leds, then telling you something good or bad is a bit redundant, which I agree with.

I think I'll have safe be green and and help back to yellow, and maybe coming white just to differentiate them as you said. I haven't decided on this though.

I am working on these binds now that I have a bit more time. Please let me know of anything I'm missing or of any bugs that exist.

Edit: I've added:
tp_msgutake
tp_msgyesok
tp_msgslipped
tp_msgwaiting
2007-11-10, 07:22
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
why not make slipped dynamic depending on what map you are?
2015-09-28, 19:47
11 posts

Sep 2008
Can someone please explain how exactly team_say "kill me" is supposed to be used?
Weapons auto-switch to worst anyway - does it mean I need to manually switch to RL each time?
2015-09-28, 20:37
Administrator
647 posts

Nov 2008
zin wrote:
Can someone please explain how exactly team_say "kill me" is supposed to be used?
Weapons auto-switch to worst anyway - does it mean I need to manually switch to RL each time?

That, and perhaps you have a bunch of cells for the lightning gun that someone else could use better, or whatever. And holy hell this was one hell of a bump!
2015-09-28, 21:23
212 posts

Apr 2006
zin wrote:

Your selected weapon doesn't automatically switch to the worst, it depends on your config. Of course, you can manually switch back to impulse 7 or 8 and have the RL/LG selected and if killed by a teammate, you hand over this weapon. This can be helpful, for example on dm3 if an unarmed teammate ends up with the pent in the chaos.
Back in those days from which you bumped the thread, that auto-weapon change was called "boomstick script" (or "axe-script". Not everyone liked this and some even considered it cheating because it automated a process step which could have been done manually and be a skill (comparbale to rocket jump scripts which got banned some time later, unlike the boomstick script).
Therefore there was the 'fairpacks' setting introduced in some smackdown season which was selectable with the map choice. With fairpacks enabled, your backpack had the last weapon figured, not your current weapon selection.

Handing over ammo to your teammate is also a possibility as stated by Andeh.
2015-09-29, 11:46
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
If you use `impulse 7` and die without firing/switching weapon then you will drop your RL.

impulse X does actually switch to the weapon without pre-select, or so it should.
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page