User panel stuff on forum
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
Client Talk
2007-05-26, 17:43
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Please realize that these messages are intended as a basic set which is not intended as a full replacement of professional teamplay configs. It should be enough for beginners, but if div3 players miss some features, they should use their own configs.
Anyway, thanks for your feedback which can still be useful.
2007-05-26, 18:14
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
tp_msgsafe working when you're dead - thought about this, thought i'd leave it this case in case you bore on purpose to leave rocks
tp_msgsafe doesnt show location, its just "safe weapon:ammo" - FIXED
tp_msgsafe looks like "safe team quad ring pent weapon:ammo", this should definitelly be "qpr safe [location] weapon:ammo" - FIXED
tp_msgpoint still doesnt point cells, tested at dm3 and dm4, cells seems to be ignored, or maybe i need to set some variable first? - works for me, I tried it in dmm1,3,5 and both worked
tp_msgtook doesnt show taking cells - works for me, I tried it in dmm1,3,5 and both worked
tp_msglost doesnt work after i spawn back from the dead - FIXED
tp_msgtook is like "took item at [location]", why not make it "qpr took item at [location]" when i got powerup ? - FIXED
tp_msgpoint is like "item at [location]", why not make it "qpr item at [location]" when i got powerup? wink - FIXED
tp_msgcoming is like "coming qpr [location]", why not make it "qpr coming [location]" ? hope you see the pattern - FIXED
tp_msgtrick is like "trick [location]", why not make it "qpr trick [location]" ? - FIXED
tp_msgreplace is like "replace [location]", why not make it "qpr replace [location]" ? - FIXED
when pointing ssg it's got white color instead of purple like any other weapon - on purpose, it's not as important as gl/rl/lg

nice thing would be if tp_msgquaddead used 0-1 secs after quad is over would say 'quad [30]' instead of 'quad dead' - maybe next release
many people use 'quad on xx', 'pent on xx', 'rl on xx' timers, ... - next release
* tp_msgtook says 'took rox', tp_msgpoint says 'rockets at', why its different for the same item? should be ... - FIXED (this was a problem of me using $point someplace and rockets another place)

* adding tp_msgtake would be nice, it could work like that: "qpr awaiting [location]" when i'm at armor/weapon location and dont have that armor/weapon, "qpr soon [location]" when i got the armor/weapon, "qpr you take [location]" when pointing teammate, "qpr delaying [location]" when pointing powerup, very useful - next release, sorry just not enough time =(

thanks plast.
2007-05-26, 18:47
13 posts

Jun 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
Please realize that these messages are intended as a basic set which is not intended as a full replacement of professional teamplay configs. It should be enough for beginners, but if div3 players miss some features, they should use their own configs.
Anyway, thanks for your feedback which can still be useful.

i have thought that new tp messages will be replecent for custom tp binds and be standart .
and then ezquake would not send that nasty code operators (color or smth ) to the other clients that dont understand them. B-O
2007-05-26, 22:14
1435 posts

Jan 2006
HALVOST: Not at all. We are going to extend the scripting possibilities, making it much more easier to create intelligent teamplay messaging scripts. I think the ability to create so highly customizable teamplay messages is the core QW feature.
2007-05-27, 00:23
135 posts

Jan 2006
rock, everything seems to work fine except:

* i still cant point/took cells, dunno why
* safe is "safe qpr [location]" instead of "qpr safe [location]" (like other as replace, coming, etc.)

those tp messages are quite useful now, almost very good

johny: i think people are mostly lazy and would want to see intelligent teamplay messages as built-in solution ready to use out of the box rather than scripting abbilities, even if its very easy to script those tpmessages already included into ezq are ok, just keep improving them and they should become very good sooner or later imho
2007-05-27, 04:31
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
* safe is "safe qpr [location]" instead of "qpr safe [location]" (like other as replace, coming, etc.) - FIXED

plast: what is in your tp_point ?
2007-05-27, 19:11
135 posts

Jan 2006
its ok now, both safe and point are "qpr ..."
2007-05-28, 20:38
66 posts

Jan 2006
bug:
tp_msgpoint doesn't work correctly with ctf runes. only sais "rune @ location", not the name in tp_name_runeX :\
2007-06-07, 10:34
12 posts

May 2007
when using tp_msglost and dropped rl or lg, string looks like this:

http://konto.bydgoszcz.wsinf.edu.pl/~qrakiro/lglost.jpg

another thing - when using tp_msgpoint with shownick. when pointing at teammate and want to check his status, shownick shows info and tp+msgpoint posts "teammate at %location". i think it'll be better if teammate at %l will not appear, just shownick stats. def had that feature in his cfg - when pointing at teammate it just shows his status, not posting team say. (i use bind x "shownick;tp_msgpoint"
2007-06-09, 10:54
12 posts

May 2007
tp_msggetquad shows ENEMY QUAD when seen quaded enemy somewhere, quad expired and q is ready to take again.
2007-06-10, 02:23
202 posts

Dec 2006
QrA wrote:
another thing - when using tp_msgpoint with shownick. when pointing at teammate and want to check his status, shownick shows info and tp+msgpoint posts "teammate at %location". i think it'll be better if teammate at %l will not appear, just shownick stats. def had that feature in his cfg - when pointing at teammate it just shows his status, not posting team say. (i use bind x "shownick;tp_msgpoint"

This involved checking the status of $ledpoint. I don't remember the exact code off the top of my head, but you should be able to do something like

if $ledpoint = (whatever the variable for green led is) then shownick else tp_msgpoint
2007-06-13, 17:53
200 posts

Apr 2006
tp_msgtook works like "took %item at %location" when it should be "took %item at %tooklocation"
2007-06-14, 13:34
4 posts

Dec 2006
Mac version?
2007-06-14, 14:04
200 posts

Apr 2006
ez1.8 winxp
2007-06-27, 11:49
182 posts

Mar 2006
I didn't quite know where to put this, so I'll put this here.

Nice work on ezQuake 1.8 to the ezQuake guys. I like the demo play by file association and even more so the gfx.wad fix that noobs and computer illiterates seem to love to create when they make shortcuts in Windows so I've used that nice code for NQ.
--------
Is that a roll of toothpicks in your pocket or are you just happy to see Sassa?
2007-06-27, 14:05
405 posts

Jan 2006
:>
<3
2007-07-20, 01:19
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
Next ezquake release:
added the ability to distinguish between the different runes (haste, regeneration, resistance, strength) in tp_msgpoint and tp_msgtook
2007-07-20, 10:38
66 posts

Jan 2006
Up2nOgOoD[ROCK wrote:
']Next ezquake release:
added the ability to distinguish between the different runes (haste, regeneration, resistance, strength) in tp_msgpoint and tp_msgtook

Hail to the chief!
2007-07-21, 17:12
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
jkn wrote:
tp_msgtook works like "took %item at %location" when it should be "took %item at %tooklocation"

fixed for next version.
2007-09-13, 01:52
54 posts

Jul 2006
in your point i dont see the "point" (phun) in having it spam the teammembers name shownick should be used instead.
tp_msgneed show location?
tp_msglost need %e ?
when you have quad and press need it doesnt say Q need %u %l just need %u
tp_msgutake
tp_msgcoming ... to much info ? like coming %l armor/health rl/shaft:ammo ammo
tp_msgslipped saying difference depeding on map ( enemy SNG dm3 , enemy slipped dm2 ,enemy mega e1m2)
tp_enemyrl saying enemy rl on location
might be some bad suggestions
but this is what i was looking for ...
2007-09-29, 16:25
135 posts

Jan 2006
in newest stable build (1.8.2) tp_msgtook doesn't show [location]
why so nasty bug in stable release? it was ok in stable 1.8
2007-10-04, 19:40
108 posts

Jun 2006
I want report to show that u have sng in 4on4, and how much cells u got when in water near lg.
2007-10-16, 07:26
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
I'm going to be slowly working on these again soon. I've already fixed tp_msgtook to use %Y, an until-know undocumented macro which displays took location for 15 seconds (we were using %l before).

I've also updated http://ezquake.sourceforge.net/docs/?teamplay

ALL %macros are now listed there. %c, %s, %X, %Y were previously undocumented.
2007-10-16, 09:07
27 posts

Jan 2007
erm.. %Y has been around since mqwcl so it's hardly "new and flashy". %Y works fine in fuhquake as well, so I wouldn't say it's undocumented. However it might be new to ezquake, but if it is, I don't understand why people haven't been whining about before. And if it's new I really don't understand why ezquake haven't copied ALL the teamplay features from fuhquake to begin with - seems stupid not to do it.
2007-10-16, 09:37
126 posts

Jun 2007
Perhaps useful:

alias _lost "if $weapon = $tp_name_rl then say_team $\$nick {&cf00lost&cfff} $[{%d}$] %E {&cfffdropped rl&cfff} else if $weapon = $tp_name_lg then say_team $\$nick {&cf00lost&cfff} $[{%d}$] %E {&cfffdropped lg&cfff} else say_team $\$nick {&cf00lost&cfff} $[{%d}$] %E"

Report dropped rl/lg if you haven't respawned yet (and actually dropped one of those)

alias _nmyweak "if $weapon = $tp_name_rl then say_team $\$nick {&cf00attack&cfff} $[{%d}$] %E {&cfffdropped rl&cfff} else if $weapon = $tp_name_lg then say_team $\$nick {&cf00attack&cfff} $[{%d}$] %E {&cfffdropped lg&cfff} else say_team $\$nick {&cf00attack&cfff} $[{%d}$] %E"

Attack lost location (and it reports dropped lg/rl if you use it before respawn)

These can come in handy as well:
alias _youtake "say_team $\$nick you take $[{%l}$]"
alias _slipped "say_team $\$nick $tp_name_enemy slipped $[{%l}$]"

And perhaps make the : after the nick optional ?
2007-10-16, 10:23
135 posts

Jan 2006
Many people use something like this: bind key "shownick; tp_msgpoint".
It's very annoying when someone points me several times in a row just to use shownick and all I see is "mynickname at location" spam. Could that be somehow changed? I mean tp_msgpoint could be executed only if shownick in last 1 second wasn't used or something like that. Would be cool .
2007-10-16, 16:17
1435 posts

Jan 2006
tGM: Read what up2 wrote? It just wasn't mentioned in the documentation. That's all.
2007-10-16, 16:47
251 posts

Jul 2007
marshall wrote:

I second that. It's not too hard to set your nick to "nick:", if you want to use the colon.
2007-10-16, 18:04
135 posts

Jan 2006
pattah wrote:
marshall wrote:

I second that. It's not too hard to set your nick to "nick:", if you want to use the colon.

Well.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1725075&group_id=117445&atid=678562
2007-10-17, 16:35
251 posts

Jul 2007
Ah, you're already on it. I'm sure you guys will come up with a solution that suits us colon-haters...
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page