405 posts

Jan 2006
bigfoot wrote:
deurk wrote:
Had time to prepare the answer

bigfoot wrote:
So, does it support Quakeworld yet?

Of course not, but you know what we pretend to do

Well, my concern is that after qqshka forked FTEQTV, he removed the Quakeworld support code. And now, from what I can understand from a talk between qqshka and Spike, qqshka extended the custom protocol in a way that breaks compatibility with anything that's compatible with FTEQTV. The consequence is obvious. It now only works (and will only work) with Ezquake and MVDSV.

Its semi wrong, EZTV was able accept FTEQTV clients with version 1.0, but Spike changed version to 1.1, so EZTV stops accept they, however still accepts 1.0 clients, but its EZTV fault, will describe below.

Since I thought FTEQTV dead and does't require support (however its not true from what I see) I "played" (after days of thoughts, hehe) with "version" for my purposes, that sure break compatibility. But since FTEQTV developing active, I got some time and now EZTV used version 1.0 and compatible with FTEQTV version 1.x, this also will not break ezquake 1.8.2, thx god, so its a good time for that change, ezquake 1.9 users affected but its not official version, so they just need update to new build ;], however I done this few weeks ago, so probably they alredy updated.

Regarding MVDSV, I did't changed anything here about compatibility with FTEQTV, MVDSV still 1.x compatible and always was, but its rather luck than intention ;].

Also, I vote for QTV, q1 TV that is. q1 was first, why not QTV then? Since this name is not busy with anyone, except QF may be, which I not count since not much ppl even knew what is QF. So here may be billions arguments why QTV is bad, but I like it and its not busy. I do not like QWTV - too heavy, MVDTV is just weird. Well, I can live with EZTV after all ;].

ABOUT CREDITS AND WHO IS WHO:

Preamble or Why EZTV Happend: As qw player, I was't satisfied with qizmo cams, and found what FTEQTV is pretty nice thingie, conception, not how its actually work, or better say not work. I seen what FTEQTV exist for more than year but does't work, and it looks what Spike was't interested in it, at least not enoug to make it actively used. So I start test it and look in code, because was alot of bugs at the same time moaning at Spike, but he reply sloooow or just ignor me. So I tired of this and made my own project fork from FTEQTV - EZTV that is. Since I does't understand/was't satisfied/needs only mvd streaming I removed half of code, UDP support in code, well fix some bugs and reorginize code a bit. But still its Spike's code and his credits, NOTE IT. Also note what I can't done this if I joined FTEQTV project. Also was fixed ALOT of bugs in MVDSV related to QTV.

Amble: SO CREDITS ABOUT CODE/QTV CONCEPTION/WHATEVER/ETC IN EZTV GOES TO Spike, BUT AT THE SAME TIME LAST EFFORT TO MAKE IT ACTUALLY WORKS WAS MADE BY Me & Renzo. Probably Spike really lack such feedback which I get from Renzo about mvdsv and QTV. Nothing to add about Renzo, except one thing - without him there was't possibile EZTV.

So, I hope its clear with credits now, so I does't need mention on each wall what EZTV based on FTEQTV and credist goes to Spike, I note it last time and here.

Btw, hello, JohnNy_cz, from credits havester ;]~.

Hope at least few heatrs will be broken in result of this post.
<3
2007-11-27, 17:39
715 posts

May 2006
I say it once again, I have ZERO problems getting all the bug reports to Spike and making sure he gets it, it's as far as I can see a blatant lie that he is hard to reach since I've reported countless bugs throughout the years whenever I used anything FTE-related. I think you're rather talking about "time to do it", "motivation", or things like that which doesn't have anything to do with the actual communication or the possibility to join the project.
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2007-11-27, 18:08
405 posts

Jan 2006
U can repeat youself as much as u wish. But it not only me who can't reach him, so go repeat urself one more time.
<3
2007-11-27, 18:21
715 posts

May 2006
Okay *copy paste*
2007-11-27, 19:18
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
you must be kidding yourself, molgrum. go as spike if he was easy to find when it was only fteqtv around and people wanted to talk to him. I had to go on gtalk and beg him to come on irc, if he was on gtalk. please just stop calling us liars when you simply DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED
2007-11-27, 19:43
715 posts

May 2006
Funny thing is that he says the same thing about you, it was apparently a ghost-channel with almost no activity when he was there.
2007-11-27, 20:31
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
omg, is this still going on?
2007-11-27, 23:31
1435 posts

Jan 2006
There is a difference between
- sending a bugreport to someone and
- wanting someone to actively help you with some specific issue.

qqshka: ok, I call you "forum word count stats harvester" from now
2007-11-28, 03:44
1329 posts

Apr 2006
qqshka wrote:
Also, I vote for QTV, q1 TV that is. q1 was first, why not QTV then? Since this name is not busy with anyone, except QF may be, which I not count since not much ppl even knew what is QF. So here may be billions arguments why QTV is bad, but I like it and its not busy. I do not like QWTV - too heavy, MVDTV is just weird. Well, I can live with EZTV after all ;].

EZTV - first name for the project... this is something that I and many other people like. I'm keeping the Suomicom EZTV name whatever happens. QTV works fine too.

qqshka wrote:
Amble: SO CREDITS ABOUT CODE/QTV CONCEPTION/WHATEVER/ETC IN EZTV GOES TO Spike, BUT AT THE SAME TIME LAST EFFORT TO MAKE IT ACTUALLY WORKS WAS MADE BY Me & Renzo. Probably Spike really lack such feedback which I get from Renzo about mvdsv and QTV. Nothing to add about Renzo, except one thing - without him there was't possibile EZTV.

And that I am an asshole. Really.

Regarding development... well, I just love it when the developers are available and I can explain or even show the thing that requires attention. It just happens that I see Qqshka on the irc everyday unless he's on some business trip
Servers: Troopers
2007-11-28, 03:52
1329 posts

Apr 2006
molgrum wrote:
Funny thing is that he says the same thing about you, it was apparently a ghost-channel with almost no activity when he was there.

That's a load of crap. When I was there (at that time) there were lots of discussions going on regarding different projects (qtv, maps.qw.nu, bot-enabled ffa, etc).
2007-11-28, 08:37
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
molgrum wrote:

haha!! I guess your in the channel now, what a fucking joke!
It was highly active when I was there, dunno what happened when I left it. A clue is that paradoks minions came along and it got dead quiet just as the front page

nuff drama from this week
2007-11-28, 10:42
715 posts

May 2006
Renzo wrote:
That's a load of crap. When I was there (at that time) there were lots of discussions going on regarding different projects (qtv, maps.qw.nu, bot-enabled ffa, etc).

Right, and whenever Spike was there you decided to keep quiet.

sassa wrote:

No I'm not in the "channel" and I never was, my hilarious point is that you have different stories to tell, whereas you say it was a kickass channel with lots of discussions and Spike says that it was a ghost-channel which became boring after a while. Really, it's very very hilarious to me
2007-11-28, 12:33
1329 posts

Apr 2006
molgrum wrote:
Renzo wrote:

Right, and whenever Spike was there you decided to keep quiet.

sassa wrote:

No I'm not in the "channel" and I never was, my hilarious point is that you have different stories to tell, whereas you say it was a kickass channel with lots of discussions and Spike says that it was a ghost-channel which became boring after a while. Really, it's very very hilarious to me

You mean those two times when he was there for a 15 minutes?

How would you know, you were NOT there, so stop GUESSING with the HEARSAY.
2007-11-28, 12:56
1011 posts

Feb 2006
molgrum wrote:
my hilarious point

haha
2007-11-28, 13:15
271 posts

Feb 2006
/me reaches for the popcorn.
moo
2007-11-28, 13:27
715 posts

May 2006
Renzo wrote:
You mean those two times when he was there for a 15 minutes?

How would you know, you were NOT there, so stop GUESSING with the HEARSAY.

Yeah yeah, you all have different stories to tell that just makes the whole issue ridiculously foggy. Do you have any quote from Spike where he understands what you were planning about the branch, or was it rather an arrogant sneaky-style thing that I see alot of around you guys?
I'm having a little more faith with someone who has no reason to lie (read: twist the truth), than someone (read: a bunch of PR-clowns) who needs to keep up appearances. Still amused by the attempts to cover all the shit up though
2007-11-28, 13:29
715 posts

May 2006
Spike wrote:
/me reaches for the popcorn.

Glad to be of entertainment, bastard
2007-11-28, 13:32
1435 posts

Jan 2006
WTF are you talking about Molgrum?!
2007-11-28, 13:56
1011 posts

Feb 2006
more glum
2007-11-28, 15:16
950 posts

Apr 2006
a bunch of PR-clowns?
apparences?
sneaky?

WTF?

Oh, btw, last news and last change: name IS going to be QTV as initially planned

(/me rips apart ticket of lamest-movie-ever)
2007-11-28, 16:34
1329 posts

Apr 2006
molgrum wrote:
Yeah yeah, you all have different stories to tell that just makes the whole issue ridiculously foggy.

Again: What do you know, you weren't there. That is a FACT.
Quote:
Do you have any quote from Spike where he understands what you were planning about the branch, or was it rather an arrogant sneaky-style thing that I see alot of around you guys?

Are you on drugs or something? Do you think we need to inform Spike about anything regarding what we do? (yes, this was arrogance)

And ah, arrogant senaky-style... Yeah, that must be it, totally. (no, this wasn't arrogance)

Quote:
I'm having a little more faith with someone who has no reason to lie (read: twist the truth), than someone (read: a bunch of PR-clowns) who needs to keep up appearances. Still amused by the attempts to cover all the shit up though

Faith can be blinding. About PR-clowns keeping up appearances and covering all the shit up, once again, you were NOT there, therefore you know shit.

Now shut the fuck up, I'm getting tired of all this repeating shit about anything regarding mvdsv/ktx/ezquake/..qtv(?). If you really have some facts (rather than trying to interpret stuff from hearsays) then you might be able to convince someone other than yourself.

As a sidenote I say this (again): you were NOT there, so what do you know.

Faith? Believe in bible too?
2007-11-28, 16:44
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
i'm almost tempted to grab my gmail and irc logs with spike to shove it in moreglum's face, but please, i'd rather see this thread die.
2007-11-28, 16:51
258 posts

Feb 2006
This thread needs some love <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
2007-11-28, 16:55
950 posts

Apr 2006
Topic closed. It's going nowhere.

Flames are to be done on IRC if need be.
2007-11-28, 17:08
1329 posts

Apr 2006
deurk wrote:
Flames are to be done on IRC if need be.

No. At least I won't be reading any flaming on irc (ignore rules).
  115 posts on 4 pages  First page1234Last page