User panel stuff on forum
  12 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2007-04-05, 09:53
27 posts

Apr 2007
Hey, I was wonder whats the correct way to have the "mouse game settings" part of it setup.

the options are:
Game Detection: Enabled/Disabled (tickbox)
Speed and Acceleration: Setpoint or OS Implementation
Apply game settings when a game is detected: Enabled/Disabled (tickbox)
Keep Mouse Acceleration: Enabled/disabled
Keep Mouse Speed: Enabled/disabled

im using 2000dpi with 1000hz

ive messed around with it a bit but not sure which is the correct way for QW, my sensitivity ingame varies from 4.5 to 10 with different settings, it felt the best when i had to use sensitivity 10, but i cant work out what settings that was now. maybe i was using -dinput, but im not sure.

my cmd line is: ezquake-gl.exe -width 800 -height 600 -conwidth 400 -conheight 300 -bpp 32 -mem 64 -democache 32768 -gamma 1.0 -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms +set vid_displayfrequency 75 -particles 4096 -maxtmu2 +cfg_load herbs

ive only just bought this mouse the G3 , and its taking alot of messing around to get it right, i just want to know what the right settings are for no acceleration.

i also use mousefix.reg

Thanks.
2007-04-05, 16:20
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
Im a master with the ei 3.0 setpoint and got some problems with the mx518 setpoint..

Im curious aswell
2007-04-05, 17:50
518 posts

Jan 2006
Game Detection: Disabled (
Speed and Acceleration: OS Implementation
Apply game settings when a game is detected: Disabled
Keep Mouse Acceleration: disabled
Keep Mouse Speed: Disabled

2000 dpi 500hz

G5 Setpoint 3.30.165
2007-04-05, 23:38
27 posts

Apr 2007
Is there any mouse benchmarking programs that tell you what/if any acceleration is being used or performance.
I feel like my mouse should feel better in quake, It works fine, not really skipping or jumping but I thought the performance would be better. It feels great in windows.

It seems like alot of people are having trouble getting 1000hz with these mice aswell, try updating USB drivers, because i was only getting 700hz till i updated the USB drivers for my mobo, now its 1ms/1000hz flat testing with "dx_mouse_timer_dialog"

Maybe I just need to get used to It, but i was using a very similar shaped mouse just a standard logitech 3 button optical that worked great at 500hz, and I feel that mouse was better.

Thanks!
2007-04-06, 03:49
108 posts

Jun 2006
use sensitivity 1, and change your pitch and yaw settings instead. Long time ago (like 4-5 years?) there where a huge post about the rounding error thats is in qw when u use sensitivitys with desimals, like xx.xx
Try to set your sensitivity to like 0.2 and move your mouse realy slow, then move it realy fast. when u move it realy slow it wont move much, but do the same distance with your mouse realy fast and you have turned more in-game, and thats becouse of the rounding error.

movement in quake=sensitivity x pitch/yaw
so just divide pitch / sensitivity, use the answer as the new pitch (and yaw) setting and leave sensitivity on 1
I dont think any of the new clients have dealt with this issue, so i think it is still present in the new clients as well.
2007-04-06, 04:33
13 posts

Mar 2006
Actually I heard it was fixed in fuhquake/ezquake. Does anybody have a url?
Волшебник
2007-04-06, 05:36
355 posts

Jun 2006
Pastorius wrote:
use sensitivity 1, and change your pitch and yaw settings instead. Long time ago (like 4-5 years?) there where a huge post about the rounding error thats is in qw when u use sensitivitys with desimals, like xx.xx
Try to set your sensitivity to like 0.2 and move your mouse realy slow, then move it realy fast. when u move it realy slow it wont move much, but do the same distance with your mouse realy fast and you have turned more in-game, and thats becouse of the rounding error.

movement in quake=sensitivity x pitch/yaw
so just divide pitch / sensitivity, use the answer as the new pitch (and yaw) setting and leave sensitivity on 1
I dont think any of the new clients have dealt with this issue, so i think it is still present in the new clients as well.

Moved my mouse across my QPAD CT with sensitivities .2, .6, .7, and 1.3 with at least four different speeds each and I turned the same angle each time, except for the highest speed in which I turned less due to negative acceleration which is inherent to the mouse and not qw.
2007-04-06, 07:40
202 posts

Dec 2006
Uploaded the original article. Credit goes to ruffnux.

QW's built in mouse acceleration

I also recall this being fixed in at least one modern qw client.
2007-04-06, 14:26
485 posts

Feb 2006
Shikari wrote:

It's fixed atleast in ezQuake.
2007-04-06, 17:06
108 posts

Jun 2006
Ok i'am in the blue at this one, since i was away from qw since 2001/2 and started playing again last summer.
Nice that it is fixed

pll have insane aim nowdays. Back then i had a quite elite shaft at 25%, now i still have 25%shaft but nowdays thats nothing hehe
2007-04-06, 18:00
252 posts

Dec 2006
why does he say to use qizmo instead of sens by m_ = m_? weird.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2007-04-08, 22:08
28 posts

Apr 2007
Is it possible to use -mw_hook with g5 and Set Point? I haven't been able to

Doum
  12 posts on 1 page  1