User panel stuff on forum
  10 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2007-04-03, 15:53
27 posts

Dec 2006
Ok, need some help here..

Something happened to the computer, went all weird, anyway FUHQUAKE stopped working. Now I downloaded equake and fquake and ezquake and 800 other quakes and they're all different and all weird, screw that.

I was using FUHQUAKE 0.31

When I installed it, it put FQSTART.EXE in the dir, which is what I used to launch it, and never ever ever once had a problem with it, alttabbing or anything.

This is where I originally got it from - ftp://ftp.yi.se/pub/software/equake/client/full/ if that rings a bell with anyone.

I don't want any of these other quakes, I just want to find this particular one with the FQSTART. Thankyou.
2007-04-03, 16:01
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
its fQuake u need then.. it contains EVERYTHING u need and want..

u can decide to just download fuhquake with fqstart or ezQuake with ezstart etc..

http://fquake.sf.net

enjoy
2007-04-03, 16:13
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
fQuake is a quakeworld PACKAGE. it's an INSTALLER that fetches quakeworld clients/mods/maps/configs from the internet. it's not a client.
2007-04-03, 16:32
27 posts

Dec 2006
No no, you don't understand..

This 'Fquake' whatever it is (equake fuhquake ehquake ezquake, efqfeffquake, its pretty confusing) doesnt work for me..

Because..

Firstly I install the thing and the computer is screaming at me that its a virus over and over.
Secondly there is no FQSTART.EXE
Thirdly it doesnt work for me.

I simply simply JUST want the old installer if anyone knows where I can get it, I can't remember what stupid name it had..

I _think_ it was possibly called equake-lite and equake-full.. if thats any help.

Disclaimer: I JUST want this version, I dont want ezfuhfquake or superbeta ezquake or whatever.
2007-04-03, 16:36
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
equake has been removed due to it being obsolete and illegal.

you could however download this file:

http://fquake.llamah.se/fquake/distfiles/fuhquakestarter.zip

you might need these as well:

http://fquake.llamah.se/fquake/distfiles/fuhquake.zip
http://fquake.llamah.se/fquake/distfiles/fuhquakesecurity.zip

these were taken from the fQuake install, which you obviously don't even want to touch with a stick.

so proceed with caution.
2007-04-03, 16:48
27 posts

Dec 2006
Ahh its been removed, okay..

I am trying all these different things but nothing is working..

Does anyone know decent oldish nvidia drivers that work well with quake?
2007-04-03, 17:12
1026 posts

Feb 2006
blaf wrote:
No no, you don't understand..

This 'Fquake' whatever it is (equake fuhquake ehquake ezquake, efqfeffquake, its pretty confusing) doesnt work for me..

Because..

Firstly I install the thing and the computer is screaming at me that its a virus over and over.

lol.. your problem is not quake related. you might have a virus problem that corrupts your *.exe files

and EZQuake > *
you should try to adapt
god damn hippies >_<
2007-04-03, 17:20
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
both ezQuake and fuhQuake has *start.exe files that fquake contains!!!

try fQuake again and u will be surprised but remember to go through the installer carefully so u get what u really want
2007-04-03, 17:30
27 posts

Dec 2006
Its a driver or something
I downloaded fquake with everything, every single thing.

The game refuses to go in 800x600.. its either 320x200 type resolution or 1600 x 1260 res.. nothing inbetween.. of course with the same cfg everything looks utterly different, feels different, whatever I'll just get used to it, would have been nice to use whatever i was using before.. no matter what internetcafe pc i ran it on, it always worked and it always looked the same.

I'll try diff nvidia drivers, they seem to affect games alot.
2007-04-04, 00:58
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
blaf wrote:
I downloaded fquake with everything, every single thing.

The game refuses to go in 800x600.. its either 320x200 type resolution or 1600 x 1260 res.. nothing inbetween.. of course with the same cfg everything looks utterly different, feels different, whatever I'll just get used to it, would have been nice to use whatever i was using before.. no matter what internetcafe pc i ran it on, it always worked and it always looked the same.

did u try fuhquake with fqstart.exe ?
it should be exactly as eQuake that u used except for more stuff + without pak1.pak that u need to add to /id1/ folder
  10 posts on 1 page  1