93 posts

Apr 2006
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:
http://gorilla.pp.fi/qizmo/

thank you.
2007-06-05, 12:38
485 posts

Feb 2006
It should be implemented in ezQuake to make it easier to use (altho, every QW-player should know how to use Qizmo for its other benefits aswell ). Even if some paranoids want to ban it in their league, not every league will. It's a nice feature for FFA too.
2007-06-05, 13:24
226 posts

Mar 2007
I'd love to have personalized player models aswell..
2007-10-19, 17:55
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Ok I've tried to do something with this pack of problems, but the whole issue is not solved yet and I don't know where to go now.

I've added teamforceskins to ezQuake - it allows you to have individual skins on your teammates even if they do not use "skin" setting. This change is more important than the following one.

I've added enemyforceskins to ezQuake - it gives you (almost) exactly what Qizmo gives you. It works under FPD control and also f_ruleset announces it. Why almost same as Qizmo? It gives you individual skins, Qizmo gives you individual colors, but I think the overall effect is the same.
Both features are closely described here.

Deurk and me we have experimented with the FPD bits but I can confirm that the bit that disables the Qizmo (and now also ezQuake) feature also disables "teamskin" and "enemyskin" which almost everyone uses.

So if we want to have a control for this (and I think we really should have a control for this) we need to move "enemyskin" and "teamskin" (and other) "legal" commands under protection of some other FPD bit or completely remove any control of it.

However I am not really sure if there are some exotic leagues that use these bits to really disable "enemyskin" and "teamskin" features for purpose. My guess would be Team Fortress or some Russian leagues. Could anyone give me some input on this?

Update: Nah, realized even this is not the way to go, users of old clients would be upset.
2007-10-20, 00:14
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
TF can't use enemy/teamskin because then you wouldn't know what class any player is.
2007-10-20, 01:20
485 posts

Feb 2006
Haven't played it for a long while, but I don't think any TF community allows color or skin forcing. Qizmo, FuhQuake and ezQuake (unless it has changed?) block this clientside regardless of FPD.
2007-10-25, 23:58
151 posts

Feb 2006
Option C is enabling something that simplifies teamplay. Any idiot can now tell player A from player B in the enemy team, and so they will always know whom to focus fire on in a busy setting. Sure, there remains some skill in being able to pull that off efficiently, but in essense, you're only REMOVING something from the players by adding this functionality, if you know what I mean.

Option B is doing nothing, which isn't very good since it's keeping something in the game which enables you to sometimes enter into Option C. I'd prefer Option C over this, since then you'd know whether your opponents were using it or not.

Option A is the only clear choice. Disable it altogether.

edit: Hopefully, we can fix the Qizmo problem as well. Since we're moving into the age of EzTV, Qizmo is becoming less and less appealing as anything other than a re-routing tool (and this too I hear will be possible to accomplish through other sources). Perhaps we should simply ban Qizmo once we no longer need it?
2007-10-26, 03:11
485 posts

Feb 2006
Ban ban ban. It's killing QW. BAN! Quick!
2007-10-26, 13:40
370 posts

May 2006
ban!!!! It's good to not know you are fighting, if you see you play sucker4 you can go in easy and win without damage taken but if you see it's teh_pwnerer1 you run back instead of taking the challenge. If you don't know it's teh_pwnerer1 you might take the challenge and notice you are loosing then quickly shoot boomstick and die in piece.

And reppie wil never get any frags again because they run from him . It's a skill to know whether the nme you are facing has RL or not, by listening to your teammates (mm2/mm3) and 'guessing' the direction it might have went to so you can either stay away from it when having nothing but boomstick or charge in with your 200/200+rl/lg and cut him off, imo.
Custom maps for the show, episodes for the pro.
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page