User panel stuff on forum
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
Client Talk
2007-03-23, 23:08
518 posts

Jan 2006
i just played some 4on4's with it, i think its a total cheat and will fight against it as hard as i can!
2007-03-23, 23:36
355 posts

Jun 2006
murdoc wrote:
i just played some 4on4's with it, i think its a total cheat and will fight against it as hard as i can!

QFT!
2007-03-24, 15:29
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Disconnect: No, you can't prevent it from server side. Qizmo feature works even if players have same skin info. You are ALWAYS able to recognize players by colors.
Unless we want to ban Qizmo, no other option then C makes sense.
2007-03-24, 15:49
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
if you can't kill them, join them!
2007-03-25, 09:45
226 posts

Mar 2007
Greetings

I've been playing with these colours for a few days. It's splendisky!
2007-04-19, 15:14
383 posts

Jan 2006
Always hate when my private info going to public.
This is well known in small group of ppl as "Milton trick".
Was used in some game vs ssc for mark Milton by big red dot on the white skin.
Used for only one game if i remember correctly.
After it i show to another .ru team how to mark player who played 3 div bottom his really skill level.
After it QQshka want to share this info cos he was strongly opposite vs it.
I said to him to not share this. Why? Cos i realise that its impossible to do A option. There are a numbers of client. Some of really good clients are unsupported. I known about qizmo feature also. Personally i think funquake 0.31 (fpsindepended build) is best client for QW. Sad that there are no security.dll for it.
Yes, i cheated in game vs SSC(Milton), BUT i don't want to play this way of qw cos i totally agree with Valla .

Blame you ppl, who share some info without thinking about consequences. Now gameplay of qw will be brocken.

Personally, i'm professional in reverse engineering and can hack any exist client and qizmo.
For example, i'll crack qizmo, mqwcl 0.96 and fuh0.31 next week and share all info with new security dlls .
The only one result of this will be killing qw.
With best wishes, B1aze.
2007-04-19, 15:27
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
rofl @ b1aze
2007-04-19, 15:33
383 posts

Jan 2006
yea.
With best wishes, B1aze.
2007-04-19, 15:36
1026 posts

Feb 2006
most 1337 ^_^
god damn hippies >_<
2007-04-19, 18:56
405 posts

Jan 2006
B1aze wrote:
Always hate when my private info going to public.

U think u was one on this planet who knew about this feature? That not your private info, but I agree this is really hidden and evil knowledge, we are get used to skins forcing with /enemyskins /teamskin too much, and forget what we can see enemy/team skins without forcing, that losten ancent knowlegde from 90ish :>

B1aze wrote:
After it QQshka want to share this info cos he was strongly opposite vs it.

A bit wrong, I desired ban this thing server side, but U stopped me without solid explanation, I keeped this "feature" hidden, also U was't mention anywhere by me!
So, again, I think its bad idea to see who is who in opposite team, and I see u agree with me, oh even Valla agree with us. (Valla was mention as additional authority to my'n words, sorry :>

B1aze wrote:
I said to him to not share this. Why? Cos i realise that its impossible to do A option.

Shame u did't explain that to me ealer, yes that really hard to realize A option I think.

B1aze wrote:
Blame you ppl, who share some info without thinking about consequences. Now gameplay of qw will be brocken.

Doubt that, and if ppl start using this feature, then they just return to roots, nothing new, just forgoten feature.

B1aze wrote:
Personally, i'm professional in reverse engineering and can hack any exist client and qizmo.
For example, i'll crack qizmo, mqwcl 0.96 and fuh0.31 next week and share all info with new security dlls .
The only one result of this will be killing qw.

No need, just ask our "friend" bigfoot, he provides such cracks for free, and he seriously think he help community.

Btw Qizmo color forcing may be banned with FPD I think.
<3
2007-04-19, 21:01
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Yeah, it's FPD bit 512 and it works, server admins should update their "serverinfo fpd". Also mvdsv can be updated so that it doesn't sent color nor skin info for enemies to you. So we move to the A option, topic closed, ok?
2007-04-20, 11:39
485 posts

Feb 2006
Doesn't this block all color forcing and on fuh/ez aswell? Not good
2007-04-26, 01:17
66 posts

Jan 2006
I think this shouldn't be implemented, so I chose A. This is probably the first time I've agreed with Sassa on matters of new clientfeatures

Too bad that it's possible through Qizmo.
2007-06-01, 00:41
13 posts

Jun 2006
B1aze wrote:
Personally i think funquake 0.31 (fpsindepended build) is best client for QW. Sad that there are no security.dll for it.

can i obtain one someware ? or it is consedired as a cheat B-O ?
2007-06-01, 01:21
355 posts

Jun 2006
Uh, fuhquake .31 with fps independent physics? Such thing exists D:?
2007-06-01, 09:20
637 posts

Jan 2006
Russian hackers coded it
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-06-01, 10:44
1026 posts

Feb 2006
zoh-mee-gees!!!11 let's flee on Mars!
apparently russian mob hackers will code everyfin on Earth!! ^_^
god damn hippies >_<
2007-06-04, 13:18
93 posts

Apr 2006
Thought it was a bad idea the first time I heard about it. Just wonder how many teams/players have already been doing this tho already:/ Not going to say any teams but this season in EQl/NQR I felt like there was some ghosting going on in game but didnt whine about it. They might not have been ghosting but actually doing this skin thing. I had been trying to trick ppl with shooting sg and sneaking about but was getting chased down loads etc. When you keep getting strange shit going on it makes it hard to play on.

Hope there will be a fix to stop any teams from doing this asap.
2007-06-04, 19:31
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Well i bet some of the top teams have been aware for it for some time (koff doing skin "3ölksdfpo32409" as you can see in All-Seeing Eye etc) but i think the div2 stuff might just be that the clans make good use of MM3 along with some brain game?

It kinda sucks to only have the option in Qizmo though, which seems like a half-assed solution from reading the comments here. Either support it in ezQuake or ban it (after a vote or something). I guess this might not happen until after the summer though when the heavy Quakin' starts over again.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2007-06-05, 03:59
485 posts

Feb 2006
Serox, do not exaggerate, you cannot compare ghosting and skins.
2007-06-05, 07:00
637 posts

Jan 2006
serox wrote:
Thought it was a bad idea the first time I heard about it. Just wonder how many teams/players have already been doing this tho already:/ Not going to say any teams but this season in EQl/NQR I felt like there was some ghosting going on in game but didnt whine about it. They might not have been ghosting but actually doing this skin thing. I had been trying to trick ppl with shooting sg and sneaking about but was getting chased down loads etc. When you keep getting strange shit going on it makes it hard to play on.

TBH you don't need any skins nor ghosting to hunt down a guy that's a potential threat, it only comes with experience, learn to analyze the console messages and rely on your experience where a player WOULD go, and.. there, RL guy killed
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-06-05, 08:05
93 posts

Apr 2006
Kalma wrote:

yes you can. if some one had setup skins for enemy it would make a big differnce and it would feel nearly the same as being ghosted at times. of course ghosting would be a much better cheat but with these enemy skins and mm3 a clan can really stop you from moving.
2007-06-05, 08:08
93 posts

Apr 2006
goqsane wrote:
serox wrote:

TBH you don't need any skins nor ghosting to hunt down a guy that's a potential threat, it only comes with experience, learn to analyze the console messages and rely on your experience where a player WOULD go, and.. there, RL guy killed

zzz. of course you dont need it but if a team is using this cheat + mm3 the enemy wont stand a chance. massive advantage.
2007-06-05, 09:15
226 posts

Mar 2007
serox wrote:
Kalma wrote:

yes you can. if some one had setup skins for enemy it would make a big differnce and it would feel nearly the same as being ghosted at times. of course ghosting would be a much better cheat but with these enemy skins and mm3 a clan can really stop you from moving.

This is not a cheat.
Everybody can use this feature.
It's like calling ezQuake cheat only because you're not aware of it.
2007-06-05, 09:54
93 posts

Apr 2006
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:
serox wrote:
Kalma wrote:

This is not a cheat.
Everybody can use this feature.
It's like calling ezQuake cheat only because you're not aware of it.

Is it a cheat if I use a aimbot that you didnt know about?
There are loads of things people can do to change there client and give them an advantage.

This feature needs to be banned or thee needs to be a quick and easy way for every one to use it they want.
2007-06-05, 11:00
226 posts

Mar 2007
"people can do to change there client" ?

What does that mean?

Qizmo has been the most secure anticheating system ever. It's prolly hacked though. Anyway, saying that qizmo feature is a cheat is very very stupid. This whole hassle is just all about people using teamcolours for too long.
Why there are top/bottomcolours anyway? Should they be banned aswell?
In the olddays people used to have their own topcolours and teamcolour as bottomcolour.
And it was all good. It's very nice to see against who you're fightning.

EDIT:

How come this isnt an easy way to do it?-)
2007-06-05, 11:20
93 posts

Apr 2006
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:
"people can do to change there client" ?

What does that mean?

Qizmo has been the most secure anticheating system ever. It's prolly hacked though. Anyway, saying that qizmo feature is a cheat is very very stupid. This whole hassle is just all about people using teamcolours for too long.
Why there are top/bottomcolours anyway? Should they be banned aswell?
In the olddays people used to have their own topcolours and teamcolour as bottomcolour.
And it was all good. It's very nice to see against who you're fightning.

EDIT:

How come this isnt an easy way to do it?-)

do you not get it?

some people have been making enemy skins in their own qw/skins folder for enemy clans.
sure there have been no rules against this in the passed but it is a cheat and needs to be stopped.

it is not the same as forcing enemy colours at all.

can you really not see how big an advantage it is if you have mm3 and can tell your mates to look out for playerX?

If you the enemy see you with a weapon your going to get chased 10x more than you normally would. There is no guessing if that player has a weapon or if it is even the right person etc. you just know 100% every time.
2007-06-05, 11:35
1435 posts

Jan 2006
This problem has two layers:
1) Qizmo feature helping recognize everyone everytime
2) being recognizable for teammates while not being recognizable for enemies

There are three ways to disable Qizmo feature:
Easiest: KTX developer will add another command like there is "QLAG" to disable Qizmo ping increasing feature, "QSKIN" or smth will disable this qizmo feature. Feature request has already been submitted and qqshka, KTX developer, already confirmed he will implement it.
Semi-easy: ezQuake can be modified to use same color&skin for all enemies, that can be readable in e.g. already existing f_skins check.
Somewhere hard to do: Servers modify their config with new "serverinfo fpd" setting.

To do 2nd layer there are even more options, first that came on my mind:
- same thing for the client as in the first paragraph - force same skin/color on all enemies, for teammates use their color/skin settings
- use scr_teaminfo for teammates during the game - then you don't need so much to have different skin/color on them (long way to go, needs modified server mod)
- modify server so that it sends same color/skin for all enemies to you (long way to go)
- modify client so that it somehow puts different color/skin on your teammates even if they don't have appropriate color/skin setting (I don't like this)

As you can see, if you don't want to force everyone to use one client, one mod, it's rather hard thing to do. But still possible, if you can get hold of all server admins and make them modify their servers/configs.

The only point in discussing this now is maybe to force leagues to enforce this as a new rule.
2007-06-05, 12:26
93 posts

Apr 2006
what is the easiest way to force a different colour/skin top/bottom for each enemy at the moment?

If it is not banned I will assume other teams I am playing against are already doing it.

i use ezquake currently...
2007-06-05, 12:28
226 posts

Mar 2007
http://gorilla.pp.fi/qizmo/
  69 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page