User panel stuff on forum
  48 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
General Discussion
2007-03-06, 04:21
163 posts

Jan 2006
Spirit wrote:
the-interceptor wrote:
u can move from ra to mega to ya within 5seconds.

Wait, how fast can you do the same at aerowalk?

not in the same manner as slip.
http://www.aimbot.se/pic/dopefish_anim.gif
2007-03-06, 04:22
126 posts

Oct 2006
anyone played maldm6 ? it was a nice map
2007-03-06, 06:17
637 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
The only way to know if these maps (read: Slip) are bra or anus is to play them. Someone setup PHPTourney, get some volunteers to admin the whole thing and start playing. Do it as a one map tournament to really try the maps out, one map/season.

someone set up us the bomb
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-03-06, 06:46
1754 posts

Jan 2006
the-interceptor wrote:
Spirit wrote:
the-interceptor wrote:

lol, different map = different way ofc but it's possible
you _can_ get to mega in 5 seconds on dm6 too.
and ztndm3q is for sure better with the mega in the long hallway, giving the ya a better chance for the mh
2007-03-06, 06:47
116 posts

Mar 2006
the-interceptor wrote:
Spirit wrote:
the-interceptor wrote:

while I havent seen slip, how about dm4? Its about 2 seconds between ya and ra.
2007-03-06, 15:50
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
B1aze wrote:
Aquashark wrote:
i'm not for removing dm2

i'm for enlarging the map pool (with skull, rf2 or slip)

or at least replacing ztndm3 with ztdm3q (mega on the corridor and two YAs will make games more balanced and QW is kinda lacking balanced maps)

Most idiotic map i ever played.
Tried ztndm3q yesterday. Vs a little less skilled player. Up to 70 frags only cos mega was near control point of the map. So i don't need to go away for grab it. Original map is way far better.

Agree!!!
Main point in ztndm3 is health between ya and lg. Mega at this place only add to disbalance.
Try to see demos with 80+:0 at ztndm3.
Ya at quad... need to try... but only normal ztndm3 with ya instead ga at quad.
2007-03-06, 17:44
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
the kenya maps version of nnql 2on2 tournament is something im expecting.
why not start a duel kenya also ? ownage admins ?

A good discussion for both is the map pool:
- which maps are going to be chosen
- tb3 + aero, ztn allowed? some combination of these + kenya? or only kenya?
- 5 maps only ftw imho
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2007-03-06, 18:55
1026 posts

Feb 2006
VVD wrote:
B1aze wrote:
Aquashark wrote:
i'm not for removing dm2

i'm for enlarging the map pool (with skull, rf2 or slip)

or at least replacing ztndm3 with ztdm3q (mega on the corridor and two YAs will make games more balanced and QW is kinda lacking balanced maps)

Most idiotic map i ever played.
Tried ztndm3q yesterday. Vs a little less skilled player. Up to 70 frags only cos mega was near control point of the map. So i don't need to go away for grab it. Original map is way far better.

Agree!!!
Main point in ztndm3 is health between ya and lg. Mega at this place only add to disbalance.
Try to see demos with 80+:0 at ztndm3.
Ya at quad... need to try... but only normal ztndm3 with ya instead ga at quad.

you can use ztndm3a then.. it's classic ztndm3 with an extra YA. it's popular in Australia.. vb pimped it on besmella a while a go
god damn hippies >_<
2007-03-06, 20:57
163 posts

Jan 2006
error wrote:
the-interceptor wrote:
Spirit wrote:

check out the item placement before making such comments. like i said about the aerowalk comment, i do not think that the item placement of those maps are in the same manner as slip. slips item placement are too easy to control, running back and forth.
2007-03-06, 22:29
1329 posts

Apr 2006
mushi wrote:
5 maps only ftw imho

5 maps seems quite satisfactory amount of maps in custom only tournament. Any more would be kinda overkill since this custom things is relatively young at this stage.

When the time is right, we could mix "the old" and "the new" maps and have even bigger mappool (dm4,dm6,aero,ztn,skull,slip,rf2 for example). But before that can be done, good enough custom maps have to be found.

I will be adding any missing customs mentioned here to suomicom servers so people can try them out.

[edit] It seems the map were already there
Servers: Troopers
2007-03-07, 02:44
116 posts

Mar 2006
the-interceptor wrote:
error wrote:
the-interceptor wrote:

check out the item placement before making such comments. like i said about the aerowalk comment, i do not think that the item placement of those maps are in the same manner as slip. slips item placement are too easy to control, running back and forth.

I just checked it out. I need a few (perhaps many) games on it to decide. But from just looking at it, I cant see any obvious flaws.
2007-03-07, 04:23
163 posts

Jan 2006
error wrote:
the-interceptor wrote:
error wrote:

I just checked it out. I need a few (perhaps many) games on it to decide. But from just looking at it, I cant see any obvious flaws.

ive played a few games on it. first game i couldnt find shit, and lost. big surprise. second, third and forth game i knew where both ra ya and mega were, and locked the map very easy (even against a decent player). and its really hard breaking the control, becouse what the enemy will get (or even u, if opposite happens) is an rl without armor.
2007-03-07, 06:04
715 posts

May 2006
Yeah slip needs some modifying. I think it has great potential for bringing an original map to qw (alongside vdm3 that is). Oh, hiya Beats!
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2007-03-07, 06:50
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
so what would you change about slip? Inertia, the map's creator is looking for serious criticisms and ideas on new weapon placements to have this map be more playable for pro tourneys. The layout is great, so let's just get the item placement down!
2007-03-07, 09:28
715 posts

May 2006
I've already given plenty of feedback, and more is popping up in my head as i hop around and play it. IMO there is a major flaw in the design, namely the slope down to ya. Block that and it's a good start of the map cutting some slack for the underdog. Regarding item placement, ideas is to swap ga(above)/ya, and to move lg a bit (perhaps swap with sng) and move cells to ra tele. The rox placement is great, out of range for the stacked player.
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2007-03-07, 14:02
1754 posts

Jan 2006
renzo, rf2 and skull have been good enough for a long time, slip is on the line between, not sure because NOONE want's to play these maps on servers
2007-03-07, 22:53
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
I talked to vio and we decided to run a Kenya tourney called "King of Tuesday Kenya"

for more @ http://quakeworld.nu/forum/viewforum.php?id=34
2007-03-07, 22:55
1754 posts

Jan 2006
Be
  48 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page