User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Off Topic  ‹  Hello
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2007-02-15, 15:28
9 posts

Apr 2006
I started playing Quake on launch day, and I've always been a big fan of QW, but I haven't played in a while because I've been busy with College. I'm graduating with my degree now, and I've started playing around with QW again (I've only played CPMA casually while I've been in college). But at any rate, I'm from the US (Florida) and I was wondering if there were any strong US QW scenes, IRC channels, etc. I've been following competition even while I haven't been playing thanks to all of these awesome sites. I'm glad to see that QW still has such a following, because I'm still of the mind that its the best FPS game ever made. Anyway, take care - even if all us Americans are playing CS or something lame like that, theres still a few of us here who love Quake :-)
salutations,

ruiner :-)
2007-02-15, 17:00
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
what I know of the american QW scene is #american on irc.quakenet.org

there is a scene still.. u just need to find it
2007-02-16, 01:12
9 posts

Apr 2006
Thanks sassa, I'm glad to hear that there are QW players in america, I've been trying to connect to some european servers, but I'm still working on getting my movement speed back, and latency isn't helping, so I've just been looking for a place to play where I can hone my skills back. I'll keep trolling this forum, I've gotten a lot of great advice on getting my config back on par!
salutations,

ruiner :-)
2007-02-16, 01:16
1732 posts

Jan 2007
There is Nobody's Alternative server in USA where often people play.
*** www.signedcmn.nl ***
  4 posts on 1 page  1