User panel stuff on forum
  48 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Advanced Configuration
2007-09-02, 18:31
229 posts

Aug 2007
I'm using allsop raindrop but getting steelpad qck. I ordered it last week.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2007-09-02, 20:29
70 posts

Jun 2007
http://keep4u.ru/imgs/b/070903/84747d75d4373d6eea.jpg

Steelpad 4D
http://keep4u.ru/imgs/b/070903/a9577e9688a4e6e8ef.jpg

Logitech G5 Big mouse =]
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8868/rhva1.png
[url=http://community.livejournal.com/rdm_ru/][img]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7192/rdmfs0j
2007-10-12, 10:18
119 posts

Mar 2007
gonna get a qck heavy ... just awesome pad thick and smooth ROCK ON !
I will either find a way or make one !
2007-10-12, 12:31
950 posts

Apr 2006
Got myself an ExactMat from Razer along with e DeathAdder yesterday... I love it
(coming from a Habu on S&S Steelpad)
2007-10-12, 12:37
251 posts

Jul 2007
Steelpad QcK mini.
2007-10-12, 12:42
231 posts

Jan 2006
qpad|c (the new cloth pad) and g5 mouse
2007-10-12, 14:50
1329 posts

Apr 2006
I have had a few mousepads during years with different mice, so I'll put some of the experiences here.

Normal 1 euro cloth:
- As shitty as they come, works if you don't actually have to play anything fast (used with ballmice + dual optical).

Normal plastic surfaced 5-10 euro mousepad (available just about everywhere):
- A bit better than the one above, more durable and doesn't get dirty, and is easier to clean. (used with ballmice, didn't work with dual optical)
- Sticky feeling, not so great stuff

Func 1030
- the first real plastic mousepad I had, two sides. Smooth was bad but rough was just really great
- the second slipperiest mousepad I've ever had (good for qw)
- worn off in about 1½ years
- too small (the older model was like 25cm wide)

Icemat 2nd edition
- the best surface I have ever had, the smoothest one (by far)
- kills your mousefeet really fast
- gets dirty really fast
- not so great with QW

Steelpad QcK+
- cloth mousepad, feels great at first....
- ...but gets stickier all the time when your hand sweats
- one of the worst mousepads I've had

Steelpad 5L
- similar to normal plastic surfaced mousepad described above
- same flaws and good points
- has way too much friction

Xraypad Thunder 9
- 35cm rough plastic surface (and much harder than func)
- is VERY slippery, even too slippery
- great for shafting, shitty for rockets
- good mousepad for low sens players in QW due to slipperyness
- cheap

Steelpad S&S (my current mousepad)
- 32cm rough plastic surface
- a bit more friction than with func
- the second smoothest mousepad of this list
- really good with shafting, really good with rockets in qw
- buy Steelpad S&S mousefeet and the smoothness is almost comparable to Icemat
- wears off in about one year, especially if you are low sens player

That's about it. If I didn't play qw I would probably use Icemat 2nd edition. Steelpad S&S is the best overall solution for all games and qw (IMO of course). It has just about the right amount of friction and the glide is really smooth. The downside with these plastic mousepads is that they get dirty pretty fast (grease and other shit from your hands) but they are also really easy to wash.
Servers: Troopers
2007-10-12, 17:05
80 posts

Jan 2006
Renzo wrote:
That's about it. If I didn't play qw I would probably use Icemat 2nd edition. Steelpad S&S is the best overall solution for all games and qw (IMO of course). It has just about the right amount of friction and the glide is really smooth. The downside with these plastic mousepads is that they get dirty pretty fast (grease and other shit from your hands) but they are also really easy to wash.

By the way, how do you clean them? Any kind of product or simply wash with water?
2007-10-12, 18:39
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Warm water + some sort of cleanser (soap) is fine. Well, at least for plastic mousepads.
2007-10-14, 04:36
462 posts

Jan 2006
The rougher side of func1030 has served me well for years. Low friction, especially good when shafting, imo. The smoother side has too much friction and it also wore down and is now unusable, but that's ok because the other side is better anyway. Haven't tried that many pads, icemat was great with a ballmouse, but I'm suspicious how it would work with an optical. Steelpad 4D felt somehow much less professional and lower quality than func, I'd definately pick func out of those two.
2007-10-14, 08:54
810 posts

Jan 1970
used table until found its not dirty but uneven. now allsop.
2007-10-14, 09:06
284 posts

Oct 2006
Since Renzo put in a bit more than two cents I guess I could as well Have to leave some stuff out cos you can't get them (anymore). There is a world of difference between pads, slicks and mice feet when it comes to gliding and friction, the perfect feeling is also quite personal so you might wanna shop around a bit (slicks being the cheapest thing to change and try out).

Icemat (1st edition) - glass, semi rough surface
As Renzo, I also felt this is one of the nicest surfaces I've tried (with ice slicks), BUT
- quite high, not so good for the wrist, 2nd edition is a bit better from what I understand
- very noisy, you either get used to it or don't - not good for those who might have a significant other trying to sleep at the same time :p
- very sensitive to dirt / sweat / shit - feeling on the pad would change within a day and I found myself washing it daily to keep it nice
-- maybe if you let it get more dirty you wouldn't notice as much, but then it's not as nice a surface anymore :/
- good tracking

Ditched due to dirt problem

q-pad high sens (original) - soft base, hardcoated semi rough
- very good tracking
- good, nice feeling friction
- wore over years and started feeling inconsistant

Ditched due to small size + wear

q-pad ct 4mm medium - soft base, hardcoated smooth
- most comfortable surface ever
- coulda had better bottom, so light that wouldn't stay in one place while playing
- tracking didn't feel that sharp
- very smooth sliding with q-pad slicks

Ditched due to tracking

I recommend this pad for less sensitive gaming / work

fUnc 1030 Archetype MBR - dual-sided hard plastic with aluminum frame
- The frame is the hotness and the feet so good that it never slides (weight also helps
- rough side one of the most accurate feeling surfaces I've tried, if not the most
- ^ good tracking
- good friction, doesn't feel slippery but smooth
- rough side starts to develop bald patches which effect tracking
-- this was a big problem for me, both g5 and g9 started having tracking problems in quick turns where the sensor went from rough to bald to rough
- smooth side doesn't feel that great and the tracking there seems a bit fuzzy, or maybe it's the friction / sliding feel
- bigger than the original 1030, but still might be too small for some
- quite expensive with the MBR frame

Ditched due to bald spots, but I recommend this pad for QW

q-pad ec-r - hard plastic semi rough
- kinda like the rough side of fUnc, but not really
- thin, good shape
- not such a nice glide, tracking felt good, not great
- very good sticky base

Ditched to use at work, dunno why I even bought this

Ultimat breathe - soft cloth, rough surface
- packaging sucks ass, the pad still had a big bump on one side after two weeks (some have actually cut their pad to get rid of this
- really sluggish feel, can't talk about gliding and tracking feels off

Ditched after 10min, DO NOT BUY HIS PAD

Current: SteelPad S&S - hard plastic, lightly rough
I bought this due to Renzo and Fucu's recommendation and the virgin ride with s&s + g5 + steel slicks was incredible, just effortless gliding and still very solid tracking
- thin, nice feeling surface
- sticky bottom could be better, but still very adequete
- excellent tracking
- almost perfect size for medium sens
BUT

Due to its surface, S&S with the steel slicks is very sensitive to any kind of microscopic crumbs / dirt you might have on there
- what this means is that especially with g5 (big feet) you will feel every nanocrumb on the pad and feel like your going over sand or something rough
- these miniscule crumbs are sometimes really hard to clean without washing separately and get really annoying during game if you can't find it on the feet or get it off the pad by swiping your hand
- This is not just me, a lot of ppl complain about this feature on esr and other forums :/
- Ofc this can be helped by not eating near the computer at all and keeping the area extra clean

My solution was the lazy man's way: take off the steel slicks from g5, use the smaller feet slicks meant for mx518 on g9 and mx518. The smaller feet don't get as annoying and therefore they could work quite well with g5, even though they don't match the feet at all, but who cares

With all that said, I still recommend this pad for QW
2007-10-14, 09:50
401 posts

Mar 2006
Cloth pads rule. Any other material sucks. In my opinion anyway :-)
2007-10-14, 09:54
28 posts

Jan 2007
fUnc 1030 > yall
Pyco.
2007-10-14, 11:21
1329 posts

Apr 2006
niomic wrote:
Due to its surface, S&S with the steel slicks is very sensitive to any kind of microscopic crumbs / dirt you might have on there

Indeed, and it really feels like there is a grain of sand between the mouse and the mousepad. Usually few sweeps with your hand helps, but it's annoying to start doing that during match.
2007-10-14, 12:42
108 posts

Jun 2006
i was a plastic mat user for a long time. Then i used qpad ct. Now i use the QcK cloth math, turned sideway.
The reson i turned it sideways is because is that normaly the treds in the mat go up-down, making up down movements more easy than left rigth. But sideways this is great, less fricton left and rigth but a bit more up and down. Togheter with some mouseskates thats a type off soft plastic thats a bit tick, cut to size and filed down the edges, it just feel great. And u have the same feeling all the time. With hardpads u always feel the dust and stuff. The fine tredhs in the QcK also sands the mousefeet down so they get superslick and stay that for a long time (6months without changing mouseskates)
2007-10-15, 13:48
950 posts

Apr 2006
Renzo wrote:
niomic wrote:

Indeed, and it really feels like there is a grain of sand between the mouse and the mousepad. Usually few sweeps with your hand helps, but it's annoying to start doing that during match.

+1
2007-10-16, 12:39
229 posts

Aug 2007
Bought Razer Exactmat couple weeks ago. Best mousepad I've ever used. Pure awesomeness! I use of course control-side.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
  48 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page