11 posts on 1 page  1
Movies
2007-02-08, 07:46
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
http://roz.bookieroz.com/qw/bang/bang_video_768kps_ntsc.wmv

theres the movie..

I have contacted this lost soul and hope that he can turn up here and get some real Client for his upcoming Music videos
2007-02-08, 07:58
1754 posts

Jan 2006
that wasn't all that awesome
the camwork was cool but some dude quadrunning for 5 mins :/

where'd you find it btw?
2007-02-08, 08:00
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
at fileplanet
he released this in december the 4th

just emailed him and gave him url to here and blueyonder movie folder
2007-02-09, 02:24
805 posts

Mar 2006
http://www.machinima.com/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?t=6380&sid=c1eafad004e0f4631b785285072802b1
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2007-02-10, 09:25
15 posts

Oct 2006
Nice camwork and pretty wierd at the same time. Kinda different than anything I have seen. That should have been like max 3 mins long.
2007-02-10, 18:24
1026 posts

Feb 2006
really oldschoolish
Jean Luc Picard, USS Enterprise captain! Jean Luc Picard, USS Enterprise captain! Jean Luc Picard, USS Enterprise captain!

Peppe <3
god damn hippies >_<
2007-02-13, 01:44
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
He seems devoted to his moviemaking, we might be able to get another hardcore moveimaker or as he calls it, Music Video!
2007-02-13, 02:34
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
show him camquake and new textures/models
2007-02-13, 04:03
1 post

Feb 2007
Wow!!!!

sassa, you might be a king of the dark zone, but you certainly lit up my little quake-world. lol, I have been a lost soul for a long long time by the looks of things...

for now...

www.smstudios.net is currently working but without my audio files as i am hunting for more web space. I always host on free sites you see.

this link ... http://www.smstudios.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/smstudios/songs/quakeep/quakeep.html ... will give you some of the old blog regarding the VERY old quake video.

anyway.

The quake song and video here goes back atleast as far as 1999, but its probably more than that now, and really came out of playing online in deathmatch semi-sober, and slowly but surely discovering all the third party tools to get to where i am so far today.

And it wasnt until i got hold of the framerate ripper thru machima.com about a year ago, that i could start the end of the process of the video to the song bang. The song itself was written specifically for this purpose.

And its sooo nice to know that for the first time here, i am speaking to my seniors, and you guys can probably work out the amount of work that has gone into this so far. Nowadays this would have been so much simpler with all the tools about but when i first started this project creating the dem files, i even knew then that this was a long haul.

LoL, Im going to scroll down and address what you guys have said so far, im gonna enjoy this...

sassa... a lost souls, well, as far as this video goes m8 you are so right as there just wasnt anyone else doing this that i knew of. This has only been online for a year maybe, and its still not finnished. I want it premiered again, but with gfx, along with some very dynamic audios fx. Basically a multimedia chaotic frenzy. you get the drift. But a lost soul, lol, on this venture you are sooo right...

Peppe... It just gets more and more embarrising for me here. Peppe m8 you are 100% correct m8 but here comes the science bit. In the early days my p200mmx couldnt cope with the intensity of online deathmatch, and so i realised i had to compramise. So thats where the Reaper81s came in. Now i dont know if you spotted that yet but what you are watching IS some VERY clever camera work, but not just for fx, but also to cover up the fact that i am fighting four other reaper bots at the same time, and as you guys will know, that bots seem clever until you stick a static camera on them, then they suck. So hopefully that explains the laimety of the action. And plus, im not that good anyway )
((plz let me know if you spotted they were bots, or did i get away with murder m8))
(((ps i did try n get clans to send me their dem files over a long long time ago, but there was no real long term interest.)))
Oh, and the quadding, well, after trying the other weapons, i soon realised that there really wasnt a lot of life in the video at all unless i relied on the quad and body bits, and if you think about it, thats about it. Your totally right Peppe but they just didnt cut it.

sassa... yep! fileplanet got it first, but if you goto the above link now, you will get up to the 2kbps 91Mb quality file to stream or download from my temp site. I still have 50Gig of avi on a dedicated hard drive for this little baby, i think at 800x600 waiting for the final premiere work to be done. The final video/song demo will be about 15mins, along with an empty walkthrough of the level aswell. But as of now sassa, i would consider it an honour to give it to you guys first. But dont hold yer breath! (feel free to rip n host)

sassa... And i think of all the years of difficulty getting framerate-fov-gl-win98(yes)-keygrip-then xp- ALL these tools to work to get the best out of my video, then the first one i watch on your site totally puts mine to shame, LoL, but it doesnt matter, its become a vocation. And Peppe was right about one thing, i havent seen camera scripts quite like mine yet! (never got the home made skin to work without turning ALL bots into little jsm's though)

Vegetous... Yeah, it was at machima that one of those kind gurus put me on to the fps ripper that plugs directly into quake1, and when i got that, it took a piii 8000 just under a week to rip at 800x600 30fps. thats when the final stage started.

Katsku... I really wish i could explain to you the final product as i think it would quite literally blow me away never mind you guys, and im hard to please on this now. Anyway some cam pans you see have more than one dem file using different cam angles. So a bit like 24 on tv, i am hoping for example to see me running and killing on one view, while previewing another view at the btm lft of the screen, or in some circumstances, three views of the same run. Aswell as all the fancy vfx to boot. Again, i just hope it comes out the way i imagine it. The final song will also need a major work on, using skills like the chemikal brothers or the aphex twin.
And a really good point about the three mins, i am considering this, aswell as a three min walkthru of the level with NO permenant fragging, but just a cold cam drify thru, with the occasional semi-fade-in bot kill here n there...

Aquashark... Ah, really easy this one. Again, im playin reaper81s, not real people, and secondly, im really NOT that good, its all in the editing. And the more you watch it, you will see the holes, including certain inconsistencies in the storyboarding of dm4.

sassa... Im devoted to my music, too much so. And the video is actually my first ever. But the truth is I had the concept imagined out long before it got premiered.

Up2nOgOoD... Now this is definately where i have lost out, but now i know about your site I will be better informed. With regards this video, I really dont think i could cope with a total rerip again, and bearing in mind it is quake1, i know when its finnished, it will be time to move on. Sad to say i havent got my songs online at the mo but on called rippir needs the same kind of video, and it looks like that instead of using an amateur bot killer like me, perhaps a couple of clans that take their interests as seriously as i do.
And the tools you mention ROCK, all i can say m8 that when i get to play with them (eventually time permitting) im gonna be like a kid in a sweet shop all over again, and i really cant wait, i really cant wait.
((food for thought tho I have played q2 and q3 [no single player hmmm] but as good as they are in their own way, there was just something about quake1. I now got my 5year old nephew on mouselook in god mode hurting shamblers now))
(also rock. I have kept ALL original files to this so i couldgo back, but its a LOT of work redundancy)

Finally... Its been an absolute pleasure (well, exept for seeing dm4 in super gfx grrr) and when my eyelids stay open im gonna hammer this forum for the wealth of knowledge inbetween the posts...

Hey sassa, this lost little soul just found a home!

till next time
jsm
jsm@smstudios.net
www.smstudios.net
2007-02-13, 07:31
15 posts

Oct 2006
Hi

Jep I can understand the hard work making that video with the tools you had. Its still hard work with todays more advanced tools (atleast to make a good one). And the camwork in your video is pretty impressive (imho) considering the tools that were used. Even today I cant make moving cams like in your video with client EzQuake and its avi capturing option. Dunno if I just dont know how make it work better, but capturing uses all my sucki computers power so moving cam (outside players eyes)would be jerky.

Well your video was more music video than Quake video so the lenght of it is understandable. As a Quake movie it would be too long and monotonous. But as a music video the music is more important and ofcourse music video has to be as long as the music. And ofcourse it can be longer than 3 mins but then it should have more variation as a Quake point of view.

And using of own homemade music isnt too common in Quake movies.

- Katsku

uk_jsm wrote:
Wow!!!!
Katsku... I really wish i could explain to you the final product as i think it would quite literally blow me away never mind you guys, and im hard to please on this now. Anyway some cam pans you see have more than one dem file using different cam angles. So a bit like 24 on tv, i am hoping for example to see me running and killing on one view, while previewing another view at the btm lft of the screen, or in some circumstances, three views of the same run. Aswell as all the fancy vfx to boot. Again, i just hope it comes out the way i imagine it. The final song will also need a major work on, using skills like the chemikal brothers or the aphex twin.
And a really good point about the three mins, i am considering this, aswell as a three min walkthru of the level with NO permenant fragging, but just a cold cam drify thru, with the occasional semi-fade-in bot kill here n there...
2007-02-20, 18:01
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
uk_jsm wrote:
sassa, you might be a king of the dark zone, but you certainly lit up my little quake-world. lol, I have been a lost soul for a long long time by the looks of things...

nice to see that!

uk_jsm wrote:
Peppe... It just gets more and more embarrising for me here. Peppe m8 you are 100% correct m8 but here comes the science bit. In the early days my p200mmx couldnt cope with the intensity of online deathmatch, and so i realised i had to compramise. So thats where the Reaper81s came in. Now i dont know if you spotted that yet but what you are watching IS some VERY clever camera work, but not just for fx, but also to cover up the fact that i am fighting four other reaper bots at the same time, and as you guys will know, that bots seem clever until you stick a static camera on them, then they suck. So hopefully that explains the laimety of the action. And plus, im not that good anyway )

there are tons of demos on chtv (link) that you can use!

uk_jsm wrote:
sassa... yep! fileplanet got it first, but if you goto the above link now, you will get up to the 2kbps 91Mb quality file to stream or download from my temp site. I still have 50Gig of avi on a dedicated hard drive for this little baby, i think at 800x600 waiting for the final premiere work to be done. The final video/song demo will be about 15mins, along with an empty walkthrough of the level aswell. But as of now sassa, i would consider it an honour to give it to you guys first. But dont hold yer breath! (feel free to rip n host)

hehe nice, yeah I will host it for you if you want

uk_jsm wrote:
sassa... Im devoted to my music, too much so. And the video is actually my first ever. But the truth is I had the concept imagined out long before it got premiered.

Thats fantastic that you put the music in the center!
Will open up new fronts of qw-movie making!!

cant wait for another release of a new movie from you with better tools

uk_jsm wrote:
Hey sassa, this lost little soul just found a home!

Welcome
  11 posts on 1 page  1