User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2007-01-31, 21:22
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
Hi and welcome to Quakeworld.nu pez, can you introduce yourself to those who don't know you!

Hej I'm pez also known as payze, 22 years old living in north-east of France at Nancy, i'm currently working :< as a technician in design engineering department on high voltage posts (i draw plans etc). And as u may already know i do movie making as a hobbie on games like qw,q3 and warsow since 5 years now.

We know that you have been working on DDE3 since 2005 ? what has happened in the procedure, why is it delayed?

I got contacted by def in late 2005. Then we tried to start the editing in beginning 2006 with the fte client, actually i have never been able to capture properly on fte in that time.We spoke a bit with the devs (Spike & co) about the capturing problems and other stuff related to. So me and def decided to give a delay to spike for fixing some stuff.
Meanwhile i knew i had time so i started and finished the q3 tricking movie event horizon?. During this period (january - may 2006) we got in contact several times with the fte coders and we actually had nothing from them. So at this time we decided to switch to the ol good ezquake
a lot of nice work came from the community that i wanted to use for the movie (skins, models...), but with the incompatibilities of ezquake with md3 formats and so on it got delayed again ( we absolutely wanted something catchy for graphics and i think that was worth the wait ). Beside that some rumors came about a camera system on ezquake, so again we had to wait until it got released...
Now I'm working on the video since early November 2006

Heard your working with camquake, how is to working with it and how will it affect future movies?

It's actually a nice forward step for quake movies, the system is fine, offers a lot of possibilities, although it isn't has good and intuitive has the q3mme mod (movie maker edition) yet!I had to bug jogi a lot to get into the "betatesting" and get functionable version before the public release ;p. I thank him for that, he saved time for us all. Still some few bugs remains and I'm trying to make him implant new features ;P
Well the era of shaky cam is gone for now .

What kind of material do you got in DDE3 (Dag Def Extreme 3), old, new, will we see something newish?

I don't know exactly but i think i got material from the past 3-4 years, that includes stuff from nqr3 ( i think that old? ). I have all kinds of frag possibles, from amazing to funny or tactical ones, definitely worth the watch. Although i'm afraid that some people (non qw people mostly) will not be able to take seriously the frags at their level, of course that excludes amazing frags that look good to any gamers ;p.
There is a few (2-3) frags already seen in other movies that got to be in dde3 anyway ;p
And of course you will see "classic" but nice frags and a lot of new stuff as well

Give me some short info of DDE3, how many demos, how many gigs is used on your hd for it, etc..

I can't say exactly the total size I've used cause i have to remove some weekly otherwise the hdd goes full ;p but overall i think with the making of effect which implies use of multi layers for 1 scenes or so, about 200gb for the ~8min I've done yet.
For the demos there is around 50 demos for each of them and i'm not counting the tricks + some frags that have been taken away cause juged not worth (which is totaly false, dag and def came back on their decision and allowed me to use them)
I'd say around 200 demos

For how long have u been stuck with the same stunt/frag to get it right and what was the biggest problem?

Well that can be a problem of re:caming, or syncing or also post processing. I think I've spent quite some time on a single frag just to adjust an effect, maybe because of the lack of ideas so i prefer to take some time and make it nice. That can be about 4-5hours just for 5sec until i find it right to please me and beta testers
also do not think it's over effected, none of the effect actually hide the content, it is just made to enjoy more your viewing pleasure

How do you choose the right song?

It has to be catchy and in phase with the game if u know what i mean. It is not because you or some people find a song nice that it means it can fit in a video. And i can tell that the soundtrack is varied at least we haven't focused on one kind of music only.

What frag/stunt is the best you have worked with and why?

Hehe, I don't think i have a special favorite because a lot of them are nice. There is some really impressive ones from dag: showing nice killer moves and insane frags at the same time and def also has his cool stuff, mostly frags u weren't planning to happen like that if u get it.. ;p. I won't spoil any frag though so i can't share with you my impressions on a chosen frag ;p

Whats the funniest mistake, like when ppl fall into lava or teamkills etc..!

There is quite a funny moment from Dag i had to slow-mo and display scores/timer to help the comprehension.
which display a nice amount of teamkills lava fall and stuff like that hehe

What kind of material do you accept in new movies, for example the new movie your doing for apokalypse!

Well I'm picky on some frags but overall it's ok with the qw community, almost all the stuff shown is nice
About apok, i can't say his material equals dde3's one but it has really good stuff too especially on aero.

The 4on4 lover that I am, I often miss the teamplay coverage in movies! Will we ever display a good TP coverage with maybe some Commentary from Sassa ( \o/ ) in a future Pez movie?

Maybe in a community movie one day who knows ;p, but i doubt it will happen for dde3 tho
The point is that a lot of dde's content is duel frags tdm ones are a few to my regret ;(
are only a few
And it's up to people for making some clan movies which is the best way to get teamplay frags

Will we ever see a StoryMovie like those from 96-98 and what do you think of that sort of Movies?

Well why not it could be interesting and refreshing to see stuff like that on qw
especially that qw is the best game for all that is about tweaks it offers nice possibilities for making your story
although i have no experience in this domain, I'd prolly need a scenarist for that ;p

Who do you fear the most in The world of QW movies, (TheBeast/nylon/etc) and why?

Well the qw movie making community isn't really active in the thing i do (especially effects). Anyway there is alot of nice movies without that much editing
actually content is all that is about, for example the q3 cpma movie "cpma done by voo" is all about content, it got alot of fame although editing is a small part of the movie.
But i still expect nice stuff from nylon who should release the movie soon ffs?

What player do you like to spec the most, and why?

I'm not really a spectator but when i watch mixes on wargamez.dk milton is the one that catch my attention i couldn't explain really why, it's just the way he moves/frag he's a sort of terminator sometimes ;p
drama

Who do you most dislike in the QW-scene and why? (tell me the drama)

I hate unbalanced mixes ;( and also being too kind for letting mates taking rls or armors. And when i happen to get descent stuff (100/200 + rl/shaft) being knocked my a single quad rocket get on my nerves

There is a huge Gaming video award each year on GGL (Golden Llama awards) but last year and the year before there was no QW movies there, what do you think needs to be done to get QW recognized, will DDE3 win anything?

That get on my nerves
Well we're in 2007 and they haven't done the 2006 awards yet so maybe there will be a place for dde net year. But considering the awards past year i was really disappointed and stupefied of the votes for some movies which deserved alot better, well i can say these awards thingie really gone down in my esteem
And the satisfaction from the qw community is enough to me i don't anything else

Who do you want Quakworld.nu to interview next and why?

I'm clueless really heh, i bet a lot of people have been interviewed yet, so the gamers is too clich?, maybe the coders even if that already happened yet (i think?). Or maybe someone out from the qw community, see what they think about a game they haven't played but seen by movies for example ;p

Thnx for the interview, any shoutouts!

Yea to my mates at #lobstarz and #temporal pussar
Thx the qw community for keeping that game alive
and bringing good stuff to avi it ;p

Links:
Temporal
Blueyonder Movie archive for DDE1, DDE2 and many more
DDE3 Teaser from 20-Aug-2003
2007-02-01, 00:37
405 posts

Jan 2006
event horizon o/
<3
2007-02-01, 08:11
1754 posts

Jan 2006
apokuality?
2007-02-01, 09:53
1026 posts

Feb 2006
great interview and great questions.
allez pez, allez!

GGL's awards are uber lame. aside from not selecting any QW vids, the voters are pretty clueless cause they don't bother to see all the movies like i do (except CS ones)
god damn hippies >_<
2007-02-01, 10:51
312 posts

Jun 2006
paizeu, the french/fresh maker...

:>
2007-02-01, 12:11
198 posts

Oct 2006
sassa wrote:

Be pez you evade drama well :>
2007-02-01, 20:59
97 posts

Jan 2006
Faustov wrote:
sassa wrote:

Be pez you evade drama well :>

; - >
  7 posts on 1 page  1