User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2007-01-28, 05:33
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
Hi and welcome to Quakeworld.nu, can you tell a bit about yourself in IRL?

Uff, strange question... I'm not very special and i think I'm a normal guy living in Prague (town of best beer imho).
I study as a waiter and i love parties, girls and friends as everyone else (excuse my English, it suck
btw. this is my first interview

How did you start getting into QW?

Then i stopped it for some time, but continued in slower cadence.. i was in best Czech quake3 clan called Total Annihilation,
it was really great experience, but i don't feel good playing in clan with members i don't like
so i ended up after 6 years playing q3 and moved on to Quake 4...
I don't want to tell everything about myself and gaming history, so i move to QW and here I am..
I played qw about one or two years ago a few time, but i was kinda disappointed after few rapes of better Czech gamers (hi flamer) and splitted up.
But now I have turned back and forget about quake3/4 and only focus on QuakeWorld.
I've created a clan called Corpse Grinders ( #cg.qw )with my friends and we have a few gamers around Europe

Whats the global differences between qw and your old game (community, teamplay, gameplay etc..) ?

Ah, good question, i got a few answer so i will start with community:
Quakeworld is the oldest of all quake games and i think, everyone from QW community is proud of new ppl turning on qw.
All of you are very worthy and helpful to get experience..
I think, smurfing and other bad stuff is off topic in qw community.

Teamplay: I have not played much teamplay games yet because I'm sitting on not that good connection
I'am on 64/64kbit connection (chello limit: 20gb/month, then they are shaping me to 64kbit..).
That's the reason why i play duels at first and then few 2on2s..
But i really would like to play regular 4on4. I'm looking forward to upcoming NQR.

Gameplay: Gameplay is really different in qw comparing Quake3(except cpma promode)/4,
its much faster and i think.. smoother and... faster :>.
I was confused about imbalanced guns but you can easily adapt to that

What kind of problems did u have when u just started playing QW?

Well, my best problem was to make a proper cfg that suits me well (i was using moris's config) but it was full of aliases and other crap.
So i gave up on that config..
Then i found ezquake and it gives me less advanced settings like weaponhide (no need of boomstick script)
then it was patience, the hardest thing on qw... when you are loosing like 50:0 on your most favorite map..
it's really hard to continue playing, but u need to be strong and get over it

What can we improve to make the way of getting into QW easier?

I don't know, maybe no one can help QW more as it is right now...
it's really only about ppl patience and mental situation, newbies should not fear of loose or so and get more and more practise,
playing some pov's to get better aim, play some teamplays to get better tactics and play duels to be in good shape.
Quakeworld is really in it's best way, with multiview demos, easy configurable settings, qizmo that can reduce your ping much
(ie. my ping on wargamez is around 100, with qizmo - it's like 30-40).

If I was a beginner and wanted to play quake, what 5 things would you say to me?

Well, at first I'll say:
1) Do you really want to do this?
2) Learn to watch demos
3) play a lot of mixes
4) don't fear to use .qw
5) be patient

What do you think about Fakeshaft, should it be allowed or not, and why?

In my opinion? fakeshaft is useless...
QW has been around here for 10 years and noone has needed fakeshaft, why do ppl want this feature?
I don't know.
My opinion is - no need to use it.
And i think, it's better on Internet gameplay and u can see where are you aiming at..

What do you think of the current leagues we got running (nqr/eql/ownage and nnql)?

About these three tourneys, i think it's great to have a lot of tourneys beginning,
because I've never played each of them.
nqr/eql are necessary tourneys!

NNQL:
I don't know if I will play right now, but the funny thing is that two admins and founders of that league are my clanmates ,
dunno if you know, but Jebak is only 13 years old and i think he's really talent.
He is a ex-doom2 shotgun owner and he really did good in qw also.
back to NNQL - If i find a teammate, i will probably play .

What player is best overall in your opinion, and why?
I don't have a good overview in this.
I saw a few demos with god-paradoks and reppie, so i think these two guys are best duelers in qw..
I don't know about teamplay players, cos i havnt yet seen any demos from QHLAN10
when i will have my connection fast again, i will download all those demos and decide who is the tp bitch

Who do you hate the most in Quakeworld scene?
Hehe, this question is strange one I don't hate anyone, but i hate flamers lucky grenades ! fuck you flamer!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to say anything or just whine, do it now!

OK! I will own you all bastards some time!
No, I'm just kidding, i have a shootout to all Quakeworld players - Keep playing this awesome game!
PS#1: love you psy6!
PS#2: Thanks to you Sassa for the interview !
It's 6am and iam really tired - gonna smoke and sleep cya on servers ;]
2007-01-28, 06:46
28 posts

Jan 2007
mwhaha!
2007-01-28, 07:39
3 posts

Nov 2006
Hi Sassa, Xatah,

Very nice interview....

I have 1 comment on this question:
What do you think of the current leagues we got running (nqr/eql/ownage and nnql)?

- I think its better to split the 1on1 and 2on2 tournements in 2 parts:

1st: div 0 - 3\
2d: div 4+

That way the less good players have a change to get more experience in tournement games....

2007-01-28, 10:23
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
true psy, but who is div4+ ?
I might be div4+ in 2on2 for example
2007-01-28, 17:40
86 posts

Jan 2006
nice interview and my small addition, Flamer lucky pineapples hate everybody
http://ezQuake.SF.net/ http://www.quake.cz
2007-01-28, 18:59