User panel stuff on forum
  66 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page
Advanced Configuration
2008-08-06, 18:39
685 posts

Jul 2007
Zalon wrote:
korni, add master.quakeservers.net as a source, it has all the servers... (in current ezQuake you have to use the ip tho, 195.35.82.246)

How exactly do I do this? I never knew what to do with that quakeservers.net website except to view servers on that site itself...

You mean I can somewhere at this ip address in a file?
2008-08-06, 20:07
347 posts

Feb 2006
megalodon wrote:
How exactly do I do this? I never knew what to do with that quakeservers.net website except to view servers on that site itself...

You mean I can somewhere at this ip address in a file?

master.quakeservers.net runs a (fake) master server, which is how people used to find servers (through e.g. quakespy) back in the day. If you want to add it to ezQuake's in-game server browser, all you have to do is

a) Go to the sources tab
b) Press 'n' to add the new master server
c) Type in a name and make sure it's set to type 'master'
d) Type in the IP 195.35.82.246 (Note: you only need to type in the IP because the current version of ezQuake is buggy)
e) Add the source and select it with space bar
f) Go to the server list and hit space and the servers should start to appear!
2008-08-06, 20:29
685 posts

Jul 2007
Ha! Thanks alot, I should have know this. I thought it was some server.txt file that I couldn't find...
2008-08-06, 20:42
685 posts

Jul 2007
But how does, for instance, Game Scanner, or ASE get their server lists? Do they use quakeservers.net too? I've just installed Game Scanner and as far as I can see, it can see all the servers fine.
2008-08-07, 09:57
347 posts

Feb 2006
The master server and Game scanner both get the list from the same place, namely from global.txt on quakeservers.net. As for ASE, I don't really know. I guess they had their own backend scanners running through master servers and manually added servers perhaps, much like QTracker does too.

Anyways, you should probably ask further questions on IRC or create a new thread. We are kind of highjacking Sassa's thread here.
2008-08-07, 11:19
685 posts

Jul 2007
raz0 wrote:
Anyways, you should probably ask further questions on IRC or create a new thread. We are kind of highjacking Sassa's thread here.

Yeah, I realized this too. Sorry Sassa
  66 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page