User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2007-01-05, 03:58
2 posts

Jan 2007
I have a few questions. I cant find the anwsers tryed doing it myself but ran into problems

Ok.

How do i make the models not white. I want them to look normal.
How do i bind mwheeldown jump? Tryed bind mwheeldown "+jump" in the opengl.cfg

What other things should i know about? Any tips?

Oh and resolution. The screen just looks huge... Tryed other res but again seems to not change anything.
2007-01-05, 06:05
188 posts

Jan 2007
Asuka wrote:
How do i make the models not white. I want them to look normal.

I take it someone else configured them to look white?

Well, try this:
teamskin ""
enemyskin ""
teamcolor off
enemycolor off
baseskin ""

Asuka wrote:
How do i bind mwheeldown jump? Tryed bind mwheeldown "+jump" in the opengl.cfg

A bit trickier, as the wheel doesn't have two states and the jump needs to be active before/after scripts are run... Also, using the wheel for jumping gives you a disadvantage since you won't be able to bunny jump unless you're very, very leet, so it is not recommended... But if you really want to, try something like bind mwheeldown "+jump;wait;-jump"

If you just wanted to jump on the wheel button itself, that is not by moving it up or down, but by pressing it, that would usually be bind mouse3 +jump

Asuka wrote:
Oh and resolution. The screen just looks huge... Tryed other res but again seems to not change anything.

Hm, maybe it's the fov you're referring to? Try playing with the fov and find a value you like. The standard value is 90, but since it seems you've already got someone else's configuration, it's probably set to somewhere between 110 and 120.
2007-01-05, 06:52
252 posts

Dec 2006
i think he might mean all the models are white, i think its caused by them being md3 instead of mdl, someone?

every time you hit a key with +something bound to it when you release the key -something is executed and mwheeldown doesnt have a release state. A lot of people use mouse2 and space.

also with the fov theres a bug in ezquake where if default_fov is set to for example 120 then changing fov will have no effect so you need to change default_fov to 120 or 110 and then fov to 120 110.
or it could be that resolution changing in gl is done in the commandline with e.g -width 1024 -bpp 32 -conwidth 800 +set vid_displayfrequency 85
-width sets the resolution and if two heights are possible, you use -height to set it but you dont need it.
-bpp 32 sets the colour depth to 32bit bpp=bits per pixel
-conwidth sets the size of the text and hud, 800 would give you text and hud as if you had screen resolution of 800x600
+set vid_displayfrequency 85 sets refresh rate to 85hz (check that your monitor supports this in graphics control panel)
-game fbca -mem 256 -democache 65536 -zone 2048 -conwidth 800 +set s_khz 44 +set cl_confirmquit 0 -sndbits 16 -dinput -noforcemaccel -bpp 32 -width 1024 +cfg_load foez.cfg +set cl_independentPhysics 0 +set vid_displayfrequency 85

its good to say how new you are so we can help you more efficiently
if you dont know about the commandline then ask.
as for tips or things you should know there are so many. the most important ones that come to mind are fov, sensitivity, making absolutely sure there is no mouse acceleration, mouse rate, v_viewheight -6 makes your view centre to where bullets come out so you dont see rockets coming out below you and crosshair is perfectly accurate. id say most people use -6 or -7. -6 is perfect.
cl_rollangle 2 cl_rollspeed 200 are default youll probably want to fiddle with these i use cl_rollangle 4 and cl_rollspeed 400, -dinput, -noforcemaccel, all this needs more explanation so ask for it or read the ezquake online manual or the ingame manual in the console (ezquake client only)

welcome (back?) to quakeworld
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2007-01-05, 11:00
151 posts

Jan 2006
bind mwheeldown "+jump;wait;-jump"
kill me now and burn my soul
2007-01-06, 03:47
2 posts

Jan 2007
ok. I have one more question. I created a listen server for me and my friends.

My friends can join but the person im lanned with cant.

Every time he trys to play it crashes my internet.
2007-01-06, 20:33
75 posts

May 2006
Use MVDSV if you want to run a server instead => http://mvdsv.sourceforge.net/
  6 posts on 1 page  1