User panel stuff on forum
  22 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2006-11-30, 15:00
4 posts

May 2006
Ive played with a mx500 without a mat all the time up until last week where i got a Mx518 and a razer exactmat.
Now i sometimes have a problem where the mouse just goes nuts and its like it looses the track with the surface several times, but only sometimes so it cant be the surface. More like someone is randomly shutting of the mouse every 0.25 sek.
Ive tried a few settings recently.
1000hz 1ms mouse
500hz 2ms mouse
sys_highpriority 1 and 0
sys_yieldcpu 1 and 0

The last few days ive played with sys_highpriority 0 and sys_yieldcpu 1(off) and 1000ms usb mousefix wich has basicly been without a problem up until today, comp only been on about a few hours i join a mix at wargames and the mouse starts freaking out a little random, when the game starts it goes crazy in bridge/water area

Im getting the feeling that its the 1000hz shit that fucks it up but why so random? the only diffrance from today and yesterday and other days when i played without problem is that i now had my ipod connected, like it would matter(i unplugged it just to test)

Last time i had these problems was with 1000 hz too so i changed it too 500hz and it was fine, then 2-3 days ago i was playing with some settings and set it too 1000hz again and it was fine until now.

So i also tried to uninstall the logitech setpoint drivers wich made my mouse about 20% slower in windows...and like 2.5 times as slow in QW, this also made the mouse "hz" go wierd. before when i moved the mouse at a steady speed it records the hz in like "800 800 800 800" or diffrent depending on how fast i move it, mostly 900-1000+. Now the pattern is more like 1000 300 1000 300 1000 300 etc, or 1000 300 300 1000 300 300....and sometimes even peaks at 1500.

Another thing im wondering, will the mouse still be 1600dpi without any special drivers? so maybe il try it without any special drivers and just the usb fix at 500 or 1000ms

I play with -dinput as the only "mousething" in the cmdline if it matters.

So how can i make the hz steady and any fix to the "randommouselag"?
Also ive been getting some HD lag since i got the mouse, but its only minor/not often but really annoying
Sorry for shitty english and generally bad writing. If something is unclear il try to explain it better.
2006-11-30, 15:03
188 posts

Jan 2006
i have the same problem
2006-11-30, 15:04
1754 posts

Jan 2006
The thing is, some mice can't take 1000hz, that's mostly the problem when jerking with such settings. 500 is probaby enough, stick to that
2006-11-30, 15:09
4 posts

May 2006
Ok then the question, why does it handle it most of the time? and why the hell does it peak out at 1500+ now that i uninstalled the setpoint shit Changing it too 500 i guess and play with that for a while.
2006-11-30, 15:28
1754 posts

Jan 2006
well, depends on your movement I guess :/
I play my 518 with no drivers, -dinput and 500hz
pure love that is
2006-11-30, 16:45
8 posts

Jan 2006
maybe the mouse is just broke? Try getting a replacement before wasting lots of time with drivers and stuff
2006-11-30, 17:12
151 posts

Feb 2006
logitech mice cannot sustain consistent performance at 1000hz. Its the setpoint stuff and firmware for one, and before you linux users think you can get away from that by not using firmware or drivers, the lasers and optics cant operate at 1000hz either.

I have a g5 and its same laser as the razors which cant do 1000hz either, except with me i force it to 1000hz and i still only register 500hz in any mouserate program.
bd
2006-12-03, 09:34
284 posts

Oct 2006
bandog wrote:
logitech mice cannot sustain consistent performance at 1000hz. Its the setpoint stuff and firmware for one, and before you linux users think you can get away from that by not using firmware or drivers, the lasers and optics cant operate at 1000hz either.

I have a g5 and its same laser as the razors which cant do 1000hz either, except with me i force it to 1000hz and i still only register 500hz in any mouserate program.

G5 might be able to handle 1000hz, but it is blocked in the mouse firmware so that it maxes out at 500hz. Razer Copperhead handles 1000hz just fine, and it's also more accurate / tracks better with cl_maxfps > 312 (with lower values you can't tell that well)

And yes I have both + many mousepads so I've done my fair share of testing

From what I know you should not use -dinput even with mx518? Newer mice have no need for the advantages that -dinput brings and therefore -dinput is more of a problem than a solution. We are talking about pretty minute differences for the mx518, but try -dinput and without with a Razer Copperhead and if you can't feel a difference for the better without it, you simply like a more lagged mouse feel
2006-12-03, 15:03
68 posts

May 2006
well.. im a 518MX owner and i dont get any problems running -dinput and even -m_smooth... i tried to use 1000hz patch on my mouse when i first got it but due to some reading about that 1000hz can cause dmg to the laser sensor on mx518 i went down on 500hz and it goes great... my mouse configs:

- 500hz usb patched
- xp mouse fix
- no setpoint drivers, just windows´ regular and and without that pointer precision crap =]
- -dinput -m_smooth and -mwhook on cmdline
- sensitivity 3 - 3.5
- no yieldcpu and highpriority configuration
- maxfps @ 77 and no independent physics (this things can affect the mouse either)
- runnin on a normal cloth mat (no brands, just general stuff )

my only complain is that when i join qw, the mouse loses all the sensitivity and go all forward for about 2 seconds, then it goes back and runs for hours with no bugs or jerkiness at all... my guess is something to do with the usb detection cause i only got this weird behavior when i switched from ps2 to usb pointers
2006-12-03, 15:24
284 posts

Oct 2006
OrGg wrote:
well.. im a 518MX owner and i dont get any problems running -dinput and even -m_smooth... i tried to use 1000hz patch on my mouse when i first got it but due to some reading about that 1000hz can cause dmg to the laser sensor on mx518 i went down on 500hz and it goes great... my mouse configs:

- 500hz usb patched
- xp mouse fix
- no setpoint drivers, just windows´ regular and and without that pointer precision crap =]
- sensitivity 3 - 3.5
- maxfps @ 77 and no independent physics (this things can affect the mouse either)

my only complain is that when i join qw, the mouse loses all the sensitivity and go all forward for about 2 seconds, then it goes back and runs for hours with no bugs or jerkiness at all... my guess is something to do with the usb detection cause i only got this weird behavior when i switched from ps2 to usb pointers

1. mx518 does not have a laser :/
2. I didn't say you would get real problems with -dinput, just that it might not be as good (minute differences). Haven't personally tested mx518 so I can't say that from experience.
2006-12-03, 23:51
355 posts

Jun 2006
niomic wrote:
bandog wrote:

G5 might be able to handle 1000hz, but it is blocked in the mouse firmware so that it maxes out at 500hz. Razer Copperhead handles 1000hz just fine, and it's also more accurate / tracks better with cl_maxfps > 312 (with lower values you can't tell that well)

And yes I have both + many mousepads so I've done my fair share of testing

From what I know you should not use -dinput even with mx518? Newer mice have no need for the advantages that -dinput brings and therefore -dinput is more of a problem than a solution. We are talking about pretty minute differences for the mx518, but try -dinput and without with a Razer Copperhead and if you can't feel a difference for the better without it, you simply like a more lagged mouse feel

The Copperhead skips pretty badly though. I've heard a firmware update fixes it for some but not for all.
2006-12-04, 05:30
284 posts

Oct 2006
PlaZmaZ wrote:
The Copperhead skips pretty badly though. I've heard a firmware update fixes it for some but not for all.

Do you have personal experiences from this? From what I know the problem is only really apparent when playing really slow sensitivity games like CS.

I've used the Copperhead with q-pad original, q-pad ct black, ulti-mat breathe and now func 1030 archetype mba. Both G5 and Copperhead had some tracking problems with the CT, especially G5 which I play with most of the time. From what I could tell it was because of the damn inverted logo q-pad have put on the pad Still the Copperhead seemed to have a lot less problems than G5 and if I would've used cpr as my main mouse I probably wouldn't even have bought the new Func as a replacement.

I've still experienced some tracking problems with the Func, but very rarely so it's not really a problem. The problem seems to be simply that the lasers _still_ aren't as reliable as other optics. Having used the mx510 on like 6 pads I can't remember having any tracking problems. But the mx510 is clearly not as accurate and the tactile feel isn't as on-the-spot instant as with G5 and especially Copperhead. But then again for some people's styles it might not be good that the mice are so accurate and responsive as it requires more from your microlevel aim control and aim might feel more erratic as everything is tracked more responsively.
2006-12-04, 16:51
85 posts

May 2006
Laser sucks. I'm getting a Steelpad 5L ASAP, as it apparently gets rid of the tracking problems on the G5.

I have a feeling it's gonna own after that.
2006-12-04, 17:02
151 posts

Feb 2006
i use qpad low sens mat. Ive heard that harder mats wear the feet out very quickly. The qpad mat is lovely for the g5 and i have had no tracking problems whatsoever.
bd
2006-12-04, 23:04
85 posts

May 2006
people have complained about the qpad... all i hear about the 5L is, "this + g5 = the shit".

Whatever.. guess ill find out soon enough.
2006-12-05, 07:47
284 posts

Oct 2006
bandog wrote:
i use qpad low sens mat. Ive heard that harder mats wear the feet out very quickly. The qpad mat is lovely for the g5 and i have had no tracking problems whatsoever.

q-pad low sens, as in the original with the crosshair on it?
- I didn't notice that many problems with the older q-pad, but it just felt really harsh compared to the new ct, and it's a lot thicker too = bad

I have to note that it took me over two months after starting to play again to realize I had tracking problems with q-pad ct + g5. It wasn't apparent when I was playing with higher sensitivities as I would not track over the pad's graphics all too often. I changed back to my older style low sens and started noticing distinct inconsistensies while playing, especially on povdmm4. At times I would shaft good to great, but then for some reason during the same round I was shafting like shit because the mouse wasn't doing what I did :/ Same thing happened in tdm games where I could easily waste 15 cells on a spawn because the tracking was off.

I still prefer the overall feel of the q-pad ct to any mousepad I've ever used and I now use it at work with mx1000 (at work, tracking isn't such a big issue
2006-12-05, 16:57
151 posts

Feb 2006
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/sev_se6/Photo-0038.jpg

there's my qpad mat and g5. It is the low-sens mat yes.
bd
2006-12-05, 22:40
68 posts

May 2006
niomic wrote:
OrGg wrote:

- 500hz usb patched
- xp mouse fix
- sensitivity 3 - 3.5

1. mx518 does not have a laser :/
2. I didn't say you would get real problems with -dinput, just that it might not be as good (minute differences). Haven't personally tested mx518 so I can't say that from experience.

yeah.. i noted that now, the "laser" i said earlier works as a "optical sensor" =DD so using 1000hz craps the optical sensor not the laser, thx for the heads up...

as i said, -dinput works quite well for me.. but i think its just a matter of getting used to it...
2006-12-06, 17:31
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
I got a razer copperhead 1st edition, i don't use any cmd-line mouse related option, at preset 5 (1000hz, 2000dpi) and i use windows drivers
and guess what? i have tracking problems every ~5min mouse moves up/down suddenly without apparent reason
oh, and i use steelpad s&s mouse pad (not important, since the problem happens in every surface)

i havent tested different settings, but my guess is cmd line options will not work, as well as other alternatives.

Solution? Buy mx518
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2006-12-07, 20:04
284 posts

Oct 2006
mushi wrote:
I got a razer copperhead 1st edition, i don't use any cmd-line mouse related option, at preset 5 (1000hz, 2000dpi) and i use windows drivers
and guess what? i have tracking problems every ~5min mouse moves up/down suddenly without apparent reason
oh, and i use steelpad s&s mouse pad (not important, since the problem happens in every surface)

i havent tested different settings, but my guess is cmd line options will not work, as well as other alternatives.

Solution? Buy mx518

Have you updated the firmware and drivers?
I used to have that problem right when I got the Copperhead, but with the current firmware v6.18 and drivers 6.09(c or d) I've had no problems.
2006-12-09, 14:43
4 posts

May 2006
Hmm i got back to using 500hz, but sometimes i still get this crazy mouselag. and u cant notice it much until the games start wich is a pain. But restarting qw and reconnecting always seem to fix it....strange :S
2006-12-10, 12:47
284 posts

Oct 2006
Greendog wrote:
Hmm i got back to using 500hz, but sometimes i still get this crazy mouselag. and u cant notice it much until the games start wich is a pain. But restarting qw and reconnecting always seem to fix it....strange :S

What values do you have for
sys_yieldcpu
sys_highpriority
?

If your system is setup right and you have enough umpf in your computer you should be able to run
sys_yieldcpu 1
sys_highpriority -1

This way all the smaller programs / interfaces like mouse etc. should get all the resources they need and qw should still run fine.

Btw. if you run -dinput, try without it.
  22 posts on 1 page  1