User panel stuff on forum
  161 posts on 6 pages  First page123456Last page
Movies
2007-04-01, 05:26
252 posts

Dec 2006
Phantastic! Thanks.

Best continuity, fluidity, synchronicity, and visuals I've seen in a game video, and the best promotion of quake to those closed minded graphics wanters.

Some criticism:
- Given the audience, I would have liked to see an explanation like: 'In the 10 years since Quake was first spawned, it has maintained a worldwide community of people, some of which, for (circa) 9 of those years, have maintained and developed every imaginable non-gameplay aspect of Quake. {text goes on to prove how every derivative engine (and game) eg q2 q3 hl cs rtcw etc are inferior duplicates which, while graphics have improved, really have added nothing valuable to deathmatch }. In a decade, with many of the initial players playing for much of those years, the level of ability, mental and 'physic'al abuse has accumulated, rendering Quake a virtually limitless frame that is so wonderfully distorted, it is seems unapproachable to the uninitiated. Quake selects those whom are able.' but less lame
Minor stuff:
-Easy to overlook because it was largely obscured by the soundtrack: The game sounds weren't Reznor's original cd quality files, which sound fantastic by the way(gib and teleport sounds are especially mind fart-orgasmic). The jump etc sounds used were just a bit fuzzy.
-It would have been better to make the v model guns a bit longer to show off those models. I think fov 120 wouldn't be a stretch B).
-Enemy and team skins become confused
Really minor stuff:
I would have used the Q that came on the original quake box (with the metallic bits and corrosion) and have that explode into those bits B).
-Rotation/tilt was within tasteful limits in all the frag scenes and executed really well, but some of the level-touring stuff was a bit over tilted and jagged.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2007-04-01, 18:29
1754 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:
eg q2 q3 hl cs rtcw etc are inferior duplicates which, while graphics have improved, really have added nothing valuable to deathmatch

not true, q3cpma has some quality duels and 2on2-games! more exciting duels than qw has ever had during my time(2 years)

Quote:
In a decade, with many of the initial players playing for much of those years, the level of ability, mental and 'physic'al abuse has accumulated

physical abuse
2007-04-02, 04:47
252 posts

Dec 2006
Peppe wrote:
not true, q3cpma has some quality duels and 2on2-games! more exciting duels than qw has ever had during my time(2 years)

You're entitled to hold a false view B), but you will be burned for infidelity 8).
[i]'i shoulda won all
2007-04-02, 07:28
1026 posts

Feb 2006
i'm sure people would have "appreciated" to tell their favorite game sucks.. especially when comparing QW to much more different games like HL, CS, RTWC.

that's no way to promote anything!
god damn hippies >_<
2007-04-02, 08:58
1754 posts

Jan 2006
say what runamok?
2007-04-03, 19:28
97 posts

Jan 2006
Peppe wrote:
Quote:
eg q2 q3 hl cs rtcw etc are inferior duplicates which, while graphics have improved, really have added nothing valuable to deathmatch

Quote:
In a decade, with many of the initial players playing for much of those years, the level of ability, mental and 'physic'al abuse has accumulated

physical abuse

never seen any great 2o2 in 4 years of cpma ;o

and qw duels are more exciting
2007-04-04, 17:48
252 posts

Dec 2006
Aquashark wrote:
i'm sure people would have "appreciated" to tell their favorite game sucks.. especially when comparing QW to much more different games like HL, CS, RTWC.

that's no way to promote anything!

I was exaggerating B)
[i]'i shoulda won all
2007-06-25, 11:57
3 posts

Jun 2007
What's the command to tilt camera?
2007-11-03, 19:37
1026 posts

Feb 2006
i uploaded kyu.one @ stage6.divx.com

http://stage6.divx.com/user/Aquashark/video/1811686/kyu-one---by-nylon
god damn hippies >_<
2007-11-04, 19:03
793 posts

Feb 2006
hehe Aquashark i just uploaded the trailer there some days ago. i wanted to see how the imagequality is compared to youtube. also a stage6 version of the nquake teaser would be nice. http://stage6.divx.com/user/bbug/video/1803574/kyu-trailer-test
2011-04-12, 12:56
705 posts

Feb 2006
*thumbs up*
  161 posts on 6 pages  First page123456Last page