User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Movies  ‹  Le dde3 topic
  201 posts on 7 pages  First page1234567Last page
Movies
2007-05-23, 13:04
70 posts

Jan 2006
hammy wrote:
i didn't see the point to the "trick" runs. Wow you found another way to get to from a to b... Show me you doing it in a match and I'll be impressed. As for the dm6 hatch, why are you crying about who discovered it first? It sucks anyway, just added to the negatives of the movie.

Since you don't seem to be into trickjumps/runs in movies, you may not be able to appreciate how much it means to some people to find bugs/oddities/jumps in TB3 maps that (possibly) noone else discovered in the past 10+ years. To Soma and me, those dm6 platform tricks were worth a lot, because we spent many hours looking for _new_ material and working out the ones shown to use for our movie Misusing Explosives 2 - a "minor" production compared to DDE3, but for us they would've been perfect. However, now that they were used (or maybe i should say wasted, considering hardly anyone appreciated those tricks in the 16+ minutes DDE3), we can't use them for our movie anymore.

Edit: just saw that you stated in the ME2-thread that Misusing Explosives was one of your favourite movies, so i guess i misinterpreted your criticism on DDE3's trick part

Peppe wrote:
soma wrote:
Well it's not "my" trick. I discovered it together with 123, and def said he thought he remembered that it had been 123 who had showed him. It adds up to the same result though: I told him not to show anyone and he cared about that part so little that he didn't absorb it and recorded the tricks anyway.
And no, def obviously wasn't deliberately trying to piss me off by doing this, but it shows how little he cares.

well as you said yourself, you were lazy and I mean how many years since DDE2 and ME1 came out? is it really that big of a deal? I probably won't recognize it the first time I see it since I'm one of the few(?) that hasn't watched DDE3 a gazillion times by now...

I'm pretty sure i didn't show them to def, cause i think i remember him talking to me that he had heard of me/us having discovered some nice tricks on dm6 and i was very surprised how he found out about them. However that's not the point. It's about using the tricks without asking or even telling Soma or me. When i watched DDE3 the first time, i thought he had used our demos because all our tricks were performed precisely as we had done them - timing with the grens, getting stuck in the platform, jumping over the other guy through the platform etc, but pez told me:

Quote:
<payze> le lg hatch?
<payze> this was made with twisted
<GER|123> i made the exact same tricks a few years ago with soma for me2
<payze> yep he told me

As you already said, you won't recognize them the first time you see them, which might prove my point that they were pretty much wasted in DDE3 - for our own little project ME2 it would've been great material though. However, i also agreed with [Soma] that def had a point claiming that it's really been a long time since we did those tricks and considering that ME2 is still in its early stages and may never be finished, it's maybe better to use the tricks now instead of never. Still, had he asked us whether he could use our demos for his movie, we could've at least said yes or no. Had he told us that he used our tricks and given us credit for them in the movie (i.e. showing our names like "def" and "dag" were shown for the other trickjumps or a line or two in the credits), we would at least not have been taking by surprise like that.
2007-05-23, 14:23
98 posts

Feb 2006
so why are you saying def was not being a cunt when obviously he was, you asked him not to use the material but he did too his own benefit so now it will look like he found it and take the hype for it, im not entirely worried but sure i might as well add my part
2007-05-23, 16:06
70 posts

Jan 2006
spliffy wrote:
so why are you saying def was not being a cunt when obviously he was, you asked him not to use the material but he did too his own benefit so now it will look like he found it and take the hype for it, im not entirely worried but sure i might as well add my part

I know def for a long time now and respect him for many things, so while i'm disappointed that this has happened, it won't make me go cursing at him. Also, while to Soma and me those tricks were valuable, to others they are probably not (unless put into the right context, as we could've done in ME2), so it's not worth making a huge drama out of it. Had it not become a bigger topic inside the dde3 thread, i wouldn't have posted about it all, but reading all those posts made me want to state my point of view on the matter. Besides i doubt he will receive a lot of hype for those tricks now - it's not that pez presented them in a bad way, they just don't "wow" ppl much in a 16 minute action-packed video.
2007-05-24, 04:29
11 posts

Apr 2007
iBh|123 wrote:
Since you don't seem to be into trickjumps/runs in movies, you may not be able to appreciate how much it means to some people to find bugs/oddities/jumps in TB3 maps that (possibly) noone else discovered in the past 10+ years.

I am into them but i just didn't like these ones.

iBh|123 wrote:
To Soma and me, those dm6 platform tricks were worth a lot, because we spent many hours looking for _new_ material and working out the ones shown to use for our movie Misusing Explosives 2 - a "minor" production.

Don't worry, i have spent many hours playing QW and i still suck
2007-06-11, 03:01
90 posts

Feb 2006
Where to put the Hud.psd?
2007-06-11, 06:38
1026 posts

Feb 2006
lol
that's a Photoshop file that was applied to the movie
god damn hippies >_<
2007-06-19, 08:52
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
but you can remake the hud for ezquake, if the config is not already there, pez said he first did a ezquake hud, and then chose the paintshop one
2007-07-08, 10:45
447 posts

Jan 2006
goqsane wrote:
please curse at him in Luxembourgish I'd cum in my pants if I read it

WHAM! I'm laughing.
Teamplay is nothing. Aim is everything. OBEY YOUR AIM

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9017/end2ub.jpg
2007-07-08, 10:51
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
Zalon wrote:
but you can remake the hud for ezquake, if the config is not already there, pez said he first did a ezquake hud, and then chose the paintshop one

that's cause you can't make it transparent in ezq
2007-07-08, 13:50
626 posts

Jan 2006
enjoyed it alot!
2008-09-01, 13:14
200 posts

Apr 2006
does anyone still have the hud.cfg, Hud.psd and hud's wad (wad.rar) ?

the links on the first page are all dead =/
2008-09-01, 20:06
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
pez might have, will slap him a bit
2008-09-01, 20:47
200 posts

Apr 2006
i've sent him a pm yesterday
maybe i'll wait for him to reply

edit: i've just found a DDE3_everything_pack.7z at the shub-hub.com and it really has everything
2008-09-02, 08:14
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
ok great, as pez don't have it anymore - spoke with him yesterday
2008-09-04, 19:02
1026 posts

Feb 2006
great movie
i still watch it
god damn hippies >_<
2008-09-04, 21:28
1754 posts

Jan 2006
Kinda hard not to, it's the latest qw-movie :/
Aquashark go make something, after all you have the stamp "Movie maker" on ya!!!
or someone make a qw-movie plx
2009-05-12, 06:18
252 posts

Dec 2006
Yeah it's pretty sexual visually, but then there's the obligatory 'nu-metal' soundtrack :/...

Welcome singeroi ! Are you new to QW? if you are new how did you discover it?
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2009-10-11, 13:24
News Writer
309 posts

Sep 2006
If anyone could please reupload these links at the top of the thread, it would be one of the valued acts this forum has ever seen!
2010-02-23, 18:55
32 posts

Mar 2006
Just wanted to post that http://games.on.net/file/16255/Dag_and_Def_Extreme_3_-QuakeWorld_User_Video is the newest link for the HQ version, took me a long while searching for it, but works as of 02-23-2010.
-wang
2010-02-24, 00:29
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
wangmauler wrote:
Just wanted to post that http://games.on.net/file/16255/Dag_and_Def_Extreme_3_-QuakeWorld_User_Video is the newest link for the HQ version, took me a long while searching for it, but works as of 02-23-2010.

It's funny where links can lead you, I followed your link and ended up at povohat's Quake column on a TF2 site. But that was only after I had read the worst Quake review in the history of game reviews, luckily their users weren't as braindead as their reviewer and there were actually some quite interesting comments. Would you believe, there even was a comment from the maker of amphi?

Since this is the DDE3 topic, I better post some links to where to get the file as well, including yours

Stream
own3D
QuakeUnity
Youtube
Wipido

Download
HQ: Games On Net
MQ: QuakeUnity
HQ: rocketz
MQ: rocketz
2010-07-10, 17:52
32 posts

Mar 2006
Zalon wrote:
It's funny where links can lead you, I followed your link and ended up at povohat's Quake column on a TF2 site.

I don't get what you mean, even now I click on http://games.on.net/file/16255/Dag_and_Def_Extreme_3_-QuakeWorld_User_Video and it brings you right to the correct DL page - tested it in IE, Firefox, Opera and google chrome to be workin!?

But that was an interesting read about the amphi maps and its author! those are such classic maps.
-wang
  201 posts on 7 pages  First page1234567Last page