User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Movies  ‹  Le dde3 topic
  201 posts on 7 pages  First page1234567Last page
Movies
2007-05-19, 16:43
10 posts

Dec 2006
hot frags, new tricks, excellent movie !

thnx pez
2007-05-19, 23:19
215 posts

Mar 2006
whoa. i think some desktop backgrounds are in order. i'd love one of that quake-guy ghost cenematic..

like these but you know, remixed together & done up:
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/7149/vlcsnap193026wy4.th.png

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7206/vlcsnap193081jr5.th.png

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5075/vlcsnap193775sq1.th.png
It Takes A Tough Man To Make A Tender Rocketjump
2007-05-19, 23:50
13 posts

Apr 2006
An outrageously fucking good movie. Great stuff. Almost makes me want to un-rar my Quake folder!
2007-05-20, 11:27
39 posts

Mar 2006
great stuff.

pez is it possible to get the config? and hudconfig would be nice 2 =)
...remember when you were young, you shone like the sun...
2007-05-20, 14:11
156 posts

Mar 2006
Kinda shitty that some of the tricks used in DDE3 were tricks that I had showed def and told him not to show anyone. They were meant for Misusing Explosives 2 and now they're already in DDE3. It was ages ago that I showed him and perhaps I should have just stopped being a lazy bum and released Misusing Explosives 2 earlier. However, it will suck when we release Misusing Explosives 2 and people are gonna claim we stole the tricks from DDE3.

<ag|def> sorry, but after 3 years your creative license expires
<ag|def> should have made your movie sooner

I admit: He's got a point. Still: I wanna cry!
2007-05-20, 14:39
97 posts

Jan 2006
lÃ…l ;D
2007-05-20, 15:56
805 posts

Mar 2006
Iron wrote:
Why does the aspect ratio differ in the intro/interlude from the actual gameplay content part? You have to manually switch it back and forth to fully enjoy the movie...

Furthermore, what's the point in this resolution? I mean, it's 16:9 but it's not proper widescreen, it is just sqeezed vertically from 4:3. So you have to strech it out to 4:3 again to watch it properly. Is it for keeping the file size lower?

O_o

You need a better player!

http://www.kmplayer.com/

--//--

Wonderful movie pez, except for the death messages the video is perfect!

Can you provide a real lowres version (lower than 200MB)? There are many players and mainly non-players that will never download a ~800MB video, just to see how it looks like. But if they have the chance to download something smaller, it maybe encourage them to download the real thing!

I was considering myself doing a unofficial lowres version, but should be probably better if you made a official one.

Thanks for helping us to show the world how great this game is!
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2007-05-20, 17:13
100 posts

Feb 2006

I admit: He's got a point. Still: I wanna cry!

omg, def seems to be a big ass.
bad that he must steal movements/videomaterial from soma, seems that he cant handle the jumps.
and i see no credits to soma in the credits, for the ideas of the jumps.

stole videomaterial from other guys, omg³, what a big asshole
sry i must it write down:

for example:
the shaft entry on dm6 and the model clamp.

soma should do a action for an injunction

again cant believe it, he just stole it.
what a big ass.
2007-05-20, 18:55
1754 posts

Jan 2006
Quote:

egd soma

edit:
knast wrote:
and i see no credits to soma in the credits, for the ideas of the jumps.

I doubt pez knew about this knast..

more edit:
vegetous: I think it's available for streaming as well, then they might get interested :>
2007-05-20, 19:13
64 posts

Mar 2006
ALL of the tricks in this video were boring anyway. DDE2 tricks > DDE3 tricks
2007-05-20, 19:43
52 posts

Oct 2006
Good movie, visuals are awesome, but content isn't all that great sometimes. I agree with ziel, DDE2 tricks > DDE3 tricks... Still, it's one of few qw movies that actually can bring more players to the game - of course only if they wish download 800 mb file to watch it -_-
2007-05-20, 20:05
715 posts

May 2006
"<ag|def> sorry, but after 3 years your creative license expires"

I didn't really see any increased creativity from dag&def when they used this bug. Just causing the bug is not very spectacular, so why did he feel he had any creativity here? Soma discovered the trick, dag&def did nothing else but imitating it, WOW what an awesome genious!? No need to be a prick about it, the fault is on his side.
Couldn't really feel that the trick gave anything to the movie either, should have sticked with RL-runs on DM3.

Other than this it was a good movie.
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2007-05-20, 20:35
805 posts

Mar 2006
Peppe wrote:
vegetous: I think it's available for streaming as well, then they might get interested :>

The available streaming is too slow!
2007-05-20, 20:41
89 posts

Mar 2006
who cares about tricks? tricks are for faggots anyways! ha ha ha
2007-05-20, 22:58
805 posts

Mar 2006
Where can I find the hud and CFG?
2007-05-21, 20:20
23 posts

Mar 2006
i was dissapointed with this movie, i was expecting a jaw-dropper from all the hype, but nope
the editing was good like all pez movies but the content was lacking, a lot of simple juggles and boring stuff
soundtrack was horrible but i guess that's just taste in music
really the only thing i liked was the hud :/
[@p_jnco]: if you were a nerd bar, youd be king sized
2007-05-21, 21:11
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
vegetous wrote:

first post I believe
2007-05-22, 00:20
355 posts

Jun 2006
molgrum wrote:
"<ag|def> sorry, but after 3 years your creative license expires"

I didn't really see any increased creativity from dag&def when they used this bug. Just causing the bug is not very spectacular, so why did he feel he had any creativity here? Soma discovered the trick, dag&def did nothing else but imitating it, WOW what an awesome genious!? No need to be a prick about it, the fault is on his side.
Couldn't really feel that the trick gave anything to the movie either, should have sticked with RL-runs on DM3.

Other than this it was a good movie.

That statement wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I was in #american that night and def said he doesn't remember when or where he first saw the trick. It's not like def thought, "wow, Soma showed me a cool trick so I'm going to rip it from him right before he releases his video."
2007-05-22, 02:39
805 posts

Mar 2006
sassa wrote:
vegetous wrote:

first post I believe

Noops! (Weapon pak, Ammo pak, Dm2 textures, Dag and def skin, Nme skin)
2007-05-22, 03:44
156 posts

Mar 2006
Well it's not "my" trick. I discovered it together with 123, and def said he thought he remembered that it had been 123 who had showed him. It adds up to the same result though: I told him not to show anyone and he cared about that part so little that he didn't absorb it and recorded the tricks anyway.
And no, def obviously wasn't deliberately trying to piss me off by doing this, but it shows how little he cares.
2007-05-22, 06:58
637 posts

Jan 2006
please curse at him in Luxembourgish I'd cum in my pants if I read it
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2007-05-22, 07:57
11 posts

Apr 2007
Opinions are like arseholes so here is mine...

Very nice movie visually and content wise.

However, i thought some of the content was boring and i didn't see the point to the "trick" runs. Wow you found another way to get to from a to b... Show me you doing it in a match and I'll be impressed. As for the dm6 hatch, why are you crying about who discovered it first? It sucks anyway, just added to the negatives of the movie.

The music was OK. Not the best selection of songs but that's personal choice. Some bits synced well and i enjoyed them, around 8:30 i think. AC/DC was a nice touch, shame it isn't a better song.

The file size is way to big. I have no issues about downloading large files but for medium quality(700MB) to be almost 3 times the size of Mortuality HQ, that's just wrong. I watched both versions and i couldn't tell a difference in quality? Could just be my eyes.

It's a great movie to showcase QW but how many new players or old ones are gonna waste 1.5 gig (or 700MB) to watch?

The HUD was pointless and i found myself watching the HUD, for no reason, rather than the action.

Pez did a fantastic job in the production and is a top class producer.

Overall, it's a good movie don't get me wrong but the hype suggested better? Maybe i am bias but i enjoyed Mortuality and The Boss more.
2007-05-22, 10:05
28 posts

May 2007
vegetous wrote:

I'd like to know that too :-)
2007-05-22, 10:38
188 posts

Jan 2006
1460 mb? I really love blueyonder now
2007-05-22, 15:16
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
yan wrote:
vegetous wrote:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM YAN!
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2007-05-22, 16:28
28 posts

May 2007
Ake Vader wrote:
yan wrote:
vegetous wrote:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM YAN!

Thanks
2007-05-22, 16:49
1100 posts

Jan 2006
btw i upped a crude 250MB version of it: http://shub-hub.quaddicted.com/files/movies/dde3_-_x264_lq.avi
Good for a quick download maybe.
2007-05-22, 17:02
1754 posts

Jan 2006
soma wrote:
Well it's not "my" trick. I discovered it together with 123, and def said he thought he remembered that it had been 123 who had showed him. It adds up to the same result though: I told him not to show anyone and he cared about that part so little that he didn't absorb it and recorded the tricks anyway.
And no, def obviously wasn't deliberately trying to piss me off by doing this, but it shows how little he cares.

well as you said yourself, you were lazy and I mean how many years since DDE2 and ME1 came out? is it really that big of a deal? I probably won't recognize it the first time I see it since I'm one of the few(?) that hasn't watched DDE3 a gazillion times by now...

goqsane wrote:
please curse at him in Luxembourgish I'd cum in my pants if I read it

hahahahahahha
2007-05-23, 12:15
8 posts

Apr 2007
Peppe wrote:
I probably won't recognize it the first time I see it since I'm one of the few(?) that hasn't watched DDE3 a gazillion times by now...

gazillion could you please translate it in 01 code ?
2007-05-23, 12:50
150 posts

Nov 2006
When the movie started from 0:00sec to 1:15sec i enjoyed so much ! it created a fantastic atmosphere, beautiful intro !!!
After that movie is just GREAT, what i didnt like was the music, its just too much noise (i would have liked 1 or 2 songs from Within Temptation or Evanescence ).

I think the movie tries to show all aspects of QW like tricks, frags, bored kills, etc with appealing graphics. We all know almost every trick QW have so its hard to bring something new but still lots of frags and moves that fill our eyes.

About the file size, someone who never played QW or a rookie might think: im not gonna download 1.4 just to see this.
I only see a problem if someone has limited downloads, with my 4MB connection i've download it in 40m and it was worth it since i intend to keep it.
  201 posts on 7 pages  First page1234567Last page