2006-09-29, 14:54
247 posts

Jan 2006
quake1 is very cheap, lets make a donation - like 5E from each person
2006-09-29, 23:23
89 posts

Mar 2006
Zalon wrote:
I think that working with large lan parties is a better way to go, than dreaming about the cpl, as that is more likely to happen.

If we could set up qw tournaments at the big lans, it might get the qw scene more attention than keeping it all to ourselves at a qw-only lan.

But we would need a free qw pack, as we can't have this warez shit hanging over our heads. I think that if we start handing out warez quake at lan parties to get ppl to play, we would end up being very unpopular.

So i guess that we can't hold tourneys with dm2/dm4/dm6, atleast not outside of the current qw scene.

I cant fucking comprehend why they wont give up the rights. Has anyone even asked? Like uh maybe im missing something here but i'd imagine the textures and maps are worth to zero for id.
2006-10-01, 17:52
86 posts

Jan 2006
i think the clans must take the first step in beeing more professional.
for example how many clans have a real working homepage with news, history, and detaild information about members ?
if clans started to collect a little "entrance fee" from their members, they could buy domains, servers for mm3, perhaps pay some one in the community to make a interactive homepage.
when members contribute with a little money, then suddenly theres more at stake, less clan-hopping, more "team spirit" and so on.

thats the way i see it, the clans got the ball.
if someone they are the one who takes the qw-scene futher.
/tumult
2006-10-01, 21:57
1754 posts

Jan 2006
the thing about dreamhack is that I think the people who go there are usually cs-kiddies or lame "fjortisar" who play wow or some other gaym where you can't run or jump properly..
2006-10-01, 22:51
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Peppe wrote:
the thing about dreamhack is that I think the people who go there are usually cs-kiddies or lame "fjortisar" who play wow or some other gaym where you can't run or jump properly..

That's why we need to open their eyes!
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2006-10-01, 22:56
1754 posts

Jan 2006
hehe, glhf
most of 'em get so tired of getting raped they quit, if not then good job, you just won another quaker
2006-10-02, 01:53
113 posts

Apr 2006
Zalon wrote:
well why don't all you swedes just crash dreamhack and set up a qw tourney, with 10000 attenders, it should not be a problem to get atleast 500 spectating

Whos job will it be to get one of those american cattle auctioneers to try to explain the game to the spectators while it's on the big screen ? =)
biomass
2006-10-02, 07:26
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Peppe wrote:
hehe, glhf
most of 'em get so tired of getting raped they quit, if not then good job, you just won another quaker

CS is all pracpracprac right? Shouldn't they be really competetive then and pracpracprac in QW too and improve really fast?
2006-10-02, 08:01
1754 posts

Jan 2006
haha, that is true, but they can't run faster with the knife in qw
just learning how to bunnyhop is one BIG step in learning to play quakeworld imo
2006-10-02, 12:14
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Peppe wrote:
just learning how to bunnyhop is one BIG step in learning to play quakeworld imo

They had bunnyjumps in < CS 1.6 or something!
2006-10-02, 13:27
1754 posts

Jan 2006
wasn't that like the first version, I mean ABSOLUTELY first.. ?
in that case, only like six people have it left and around 100 of the remaining cs-players have played it
2006-10-02, 13:58
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Their dads have played it, so they have bunnyjumping in their blood, floating around in their veins, struggling to get free.
2006-10-02, 17:55
247 posts

Jan 2006
since CS 1.5, they made bunnyhoping impossible
2006-10-02, 18:47
1754 posts

Jan 2006
hahaha, I'm all out of arguments Ake, you win
it's not impossible to make them play, but to make them stick to it is worse..
2006-10-02, 19:30
79 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
Peppe wrote:

They had bunnyjumps in < CS 1.6 or something!

think it was before 1.3 or something, and thats 4-5 years ago
most of the players probably dont know what bunnyhoping is for starters, or they might know, but dont know how to do it correctly, so that should be added to a beginnerguide if someone will ever write one for qw. i'm thinking, maybe the guys at qwdrama can cook something up? =)
zaiko of BaconMen
2006-10-02, 20:41
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Only bunnyguide i know of is http://www.challenge-smackdown.com/qwguide/jumping.html
2006-10-17, 14:24
87 posts

Oct 2006
DD wrote:
JohnNy_cz wrote:
QuakeWorld is hard to watch.

To true, most of ma mates get motion sickness when watching me play. biggest complait is it's too fast imo that's one of it's greatest plus points!

Granted! Fastest FPS game on the planet and exactly why I love it.

Regards,
PaRadiZer
2006-10-17, 15:56
637 posts

Jan 2006
I think doom2 is loads faster when it comes to not knowing what's happening on the map. Just look at a duel of really OLD SCHOOL players on map01
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2006-11-08, 15:21
126 posts

Oct 2006
Why people don't play QW
0. They don't know about it.
0.5 They see it like a old game with very ugly graphics.
1. They play what their friends play.
2. It's 2 hard 2 install qw, configs etc...
3. When they try to learn they get raped.
4. It's takes faar more time to learn than the most other games.
5. ETC....

More players == More money

But as you said... trying to gather alot of players that makes some advertisement, maby would solve the problem.
I think alot of gamers are bored on the games like cs etc... And are looking for something new, maby qw could be a gaming game again ;D

Isn't QW increasing in players now days? -_-

QW roxz
2006-11-08, 15:25
637 posts

Jan 2006
it's not increasing in players, as a matter of fact what we see is a steady decline and I believe nothing can change thi s
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2006-11-08, 16:39
1026 posts

Feb 2006
yeah.. not even the removal of the supreme skilled feature of reading obituary messages won't help newbs to pick it up
god damn hippies >_<
2006-11-08, 17:07
383 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
Only bunnyguide i know of is http://www.challenge-smackdown.com/qwguide/jumping.html

I know another one: ?id=19" class="bb-url">http://quakeworld.ru/manual.?id=19 .

Good one, but its in russian.
With best wishes, B1aze.
2006-11-20, 23:20
8 posts

Nov 2006
QW is the purest form of fps multiplay, ever.

Quake 2, 3, 4, whatever, just don't cut it for me.. Eyecandy that has no affect on play, slower play and weapons that discourage getting in close and dirty (railgun).

Sad part for me is that I live in South Africa. QW servers haven't run here in years.. So I'm forced to play the very occasion LAN against the few friends I have that are willing to play Q1. Ping times to the rest of the world are too high.
2006-11-28, 15:06
1 post

Nov 2006
Maybe quakeWorld hasn't place in some e-sport league because the qw community never at least tried to do anything to change it. Have anybody here tried to contact some organizator and ask what is required to include a game in a professional league?

Theres a person in qw that contacted the staff of ESWC and before a long colloquy convinced the organizators to
include his CS team in the competition. It was something almost impossible to reach but this person ran behind his objective and it became true.

So guys, if we really want it, lets try to do something. But listen: to convince somebody to include qw in some important event like ESWC/WCG, we must show them that we have organization, seriousness, commitment. Tell them why should qw have space in the event, the advantages of that, convince that this radical attitude should call the attention of others and that would make the event a success, that here in qw is where the veterans are, the best gamers are here, it would be an a part spectacle to show all abities of these guys and how quake 1 have evolved through these years, even because we are talking about a 10 years game, players who play for 10 years! Lets tell them that even so 10 years have passed our community is still alive and active, there are still a lot of championships, and let's tell that our community is as big as quake4's, believe it or not! yeah... lets make them believe it! I think that we should have teams of at least 15 countries to show them how active and numerous (in terms of players) qw is. But maybe we don't need to prove them it, because as i know, the staff decide if the teams would be invited to participate of the event or if will have a qualify in each country to select the teams.

Other thing is about the expenses with the selected teams. Normally these events pay the hotel, food for the gamers but the aerial ticket who pay is the own gamer. There are party promoted by the event for the gamers and it requers a lot expenses too, there's the space yielded for us, the awarding in money for the teams... all these things.

We have to attempting to the rules too. In my opinion, the fact of anyone use a different hud, textures, skins and other alterations, it makes qw seem very messed. It looks like that each one is playing a different game, it would be very confused for the spectators of the event. Imo, we should make only one client equally configured for the gamers. I know that many gamers like to use gl_picmip 10 or soft quake, but there everyone must use gl client because it wouldn't be attractive to the spectators to see that, and the event is made for the public, for the people who will pay to see these games, they want their attention, they want success.

So, as you see, its not easy to make them include qw in the event if we don't have nice arguments/idea. So the qw community of all the world should congregate to organize it! lets congregate the "leaders" of qw, the influential gamers of qw, and they should compose a serious e-mail to give this revolucionary/radical idea to the staff of some important e-sport event. It must to be a very persuasive, creative, intelligent e-mail.

Well, if someone show interest in what i wrote here, i can talk to this person who i talked about and ask for some help, because he has some important contacts with ESWC's staff. Later i come here to give the e-mail of the staff that we must contact, but i will give it only for some influential/serious person interested to plan it.
2006-11-28, 16:39
1754 posts

Jan 2006
eh, since spectators watch through their own quakes, the players qw-setup won't matter.. unless you mean people standing behind the dude playing. Don't think we should make anyone play gl if they wouldn't want it then, just shows that you can have your very OWN setup of qw, really that's one of the main reasons I play it. Still, people aren't that interested like "omg quake1 still lives" etc. they want cs! and maybe _one_ fast game like q4..

"nobody's watching quakeworld"
2006-11-28, 16:43
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Concru wrote:
We have to attempting to the rules too. In my opinion, the fact of anyone use a different hud, textures, skins and other alterations, it makes qw seem very messed. It looks like that each one is playing a different game, it would be very confused for the spectators of the event. Imo, we should make only one client equally configured for the gamers. I know that many gamers like to use gl_picmip 10 or soft quake, but there everyone must use gl client because it wouldn't be attractive to the spectators to see that, and the event is made for the public, for the people who will pay to see these games, they want their attention, they want success.

A question that comes to mind is if we would want to adapt our game to fit tournament organizers. Quakeworld already has its share of rules and they have evolved throughout the years by listening to the community. Some setups are really wicked but what spectators would see is some standardized spectator setup. And anyway, the spectators at these events are mainly gamers themselves so they know how stuff works. "E-sports" won't be big until our children (and i'm only 21 and have no plans on kids yet :p) grow up you know.

But sure, i agree with you that more people need to participate and unite in this task if anything QW related will ever reach beyond our own sphere. Doesn't matter if it's just regular news on non-QW sites or speaking to tournament organizers to host tournaments etc, just do it.

I also think that if a QW tournament was to be arranged on a major LAN event (CPL/ESWC) with a nice prize purse, more players would probably give it a shot, coming from Q3/Q4 and whatnot. I don't think QW will ever be featured in such a tournament though, but all of you are free to prove me wrong.
2006-11-28, 16:47
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Peppe wrote:
eh, since spectators watch through their own quakes, the players qw-setup won't matter.. unless you mean people standing behind the dude playing. Don't think we should make anyone play gl if they wouldn't want it then, just shows that you can have your very OWN setup of qw, really that's one of the main reasons I play it. Still, people aren't that interested like "omg quake1 still lives" etc. they want cs! and maybe _one_ fast game like q4..

"nobody's watching quakeworld"

The main reasons why more people won't watch QW games are imo:

1) They started out with CS/Q3/UT/Whatever and never really tried it and can't be bothered as it's "outdated". They might not even know that the scene is alive anymore and that clients are updated, tournaments hosted etc.
2) They don't know when it's game on. This is why we need to spread the news to sites like ESReality among others. I usually do that when there's something big coming up but things could always be better and more sites could be covered.
3) QW isn't their cup of tea.
2009-11-19, 23:03
76 posts

Oct 2009
Bored, tweaked high eyecandy.
Warning for modem users - each file is 3MB png.

http://kaszpir.hlds.pl/index.php?path=quake%2Fezquake-eyecandy/
2009-11-20, 10:03
312 posts

Feb 2006
Nice bump
2009-11-22, 17:53
28 posts

Nov 2009
Id Software should support qw and use it as propaganda, like:

"Our games are so good that people still play them after 13 years."
or
"Buy one of our games and have 10 years of fun, the best cost-benefit in games industry."
or
"The most skilled gamers in the world prefer Id Software games!" (this one would work for hardware brands as well.)

Someone has to open their eyes!

_KaszpiR_ wrote:
Bored, tweaked high eyecandy.
Warning for modem users - each file is 3MB png.

http://kaszpir.hlds.pl/index.php?path=quake%2Fezquake-eyecandy/

Nice pics btw.
  61 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page