2006-09-23, 18:20
793 posts

Feb 2006
great first post! :[

edt: sarcasm indicator added
2006-09-23, 20:00
135 posts

Jan 2006
JKova, the problem is YOU don't understand current rules, not me. Current rules allow both minping and other server than scandinavian/wargamez. Next time I will just enforce that rule and we'll play on german server 60ms vs 60ms if that's what you want. That's not what I want (that's why I started the discussion) but your scornful attitiude just leaves me no choice. I've just been told by an admin that even if we got one 13ms player then we can use minping or force you to reroute if your average ping is too low compared to ours. So keep living in your short sighted most-tech-advanced-scandi-world and keep disregarding qw-scene from UK, Germany, Russia, Czech, Portugal Hungary and Poland, I don't really care anymore.

Gizmo, I really feel sorry for you and all people who think like you.
2006-09-23, 21:22
5 posts

Jan 2006
Oh come on, no need to feel sorry, it's not about how we think, it's about how the reality is As I said.. all we need to do is to consider which is more important: to have the best playing conditions as possible or to have as big qw scene as possible.

As for myself, I don't really care since I don't play that much nowadays, I will get my portion of Quake anyways. All I'm trying to do is to improve the conversation from accusing each others of lying etc.

And about majorities and minorities, it doesn't matter what the rules say, the rules will always be made according to the majority of opinions. It's just how it works no matter what the debate is about.

But still I MOST HONESTLY DO HOPE that somehow we will find a solution which allows everyone to play with each other withouth whine and spending billions of hours arguing about reroutings and minpings but still, I think we all know that it is very unlikely to find such a solution.

I would also like to add that I do completely understand your point of view and many people would probably say that "don't make it personal" but hey, afterall It's about playing the game you love in an international level instead of playing against just a couple of different guys in your own country. So yes this is personal and you have every right to defend your point of view. I'm just trying to state out the facts that really matter in this conversation.
2006-09-24, 13:14
370 posts

May 2006
We should ban East-European football clubs from UEFA games, since their facilities suck.
Custom maps for the show, episodes for the pro.
2006-09-27, 15:06
47 posts

Jan 2006
hafog wrote:
Whats wrong with max minping 39 ? just asking

It's too low for matches between teams from say .ru vs .uk or .pl vs .pt for example. I also think a fixed value like that means that more teams misuse the rule and put minping 39 even when it's not really neccesary (or when they are too lazy to find a better server).
2006-09-29, 13:11
113 posts

Mar 2006
Term wrote:
hafog wrote:
Whats wrong with max minping 39 ? just asking

It's too low for matches between teams from say .ru vs .uk or .pl vs .pt for example. I also think a fixed value like that means that more teams misuse the rule and put minping 39 even when it's not really neccesary (or when they are too lazy to find a better server).

I believe there is only one acceptable server for these situations: wargamez
2006-09-29, 19:56
7 posts

Feb 2006
dybbuk's servers are good too
2006-10-09, 16:07
47 posts

Jan 2006
This is relevant and I don't think it is fixed in mvdsv yet.

disconnect wrote:
Few words about minping:
Minping delays only "incoming" packets (packets send by player to a server. They are incoming for server. Packets send by server to a player are outcoming for server. Here i'll talk only about server packets). But in real word we have half delay on message receive and half dellay on send.

When is going when we have sv_minping 40:
incoming packets delayed up to 40 ms. If you have _REAL_ 41 ms, then your packets delayed on receive by ~20~ms and ~20~ms on send. If you have 39 ms, ten your packets delayed on receive by ~40ms~ and ~20ms~ on send.

With sv_minping 40. You have ping about 40+(half of your ping to this server), but "incoming" delay have much power on "button reaction'. When you jump or fire with sv_minping 40, it acts like you have 80ms ping. Thats why sv_minping sucks.

Solution: Split sv_minping delays. MVDSV _MUST_ delay 0.5 * sv_minping.value on receive and 0.5 * sv_minping.value on send. I dont know so well this part of MVDSV sources, so i cant do it :E.
2006-10-09, 16:40
135 posts

Jan 2006
I think everyone knows that.

That's why cmd minping xx should be only final solution if nothing else can be enforced, like another server or/and rerouting.
2007-04-15, 13:21
4 posts

Apr 2007
Players with high ping could be more used to this ping, than players who are used to low ping and are forced to play wih high ping.

Are we not playing Quakeworld cos we enjoy it and want to show our skills? no?

Like somone else said on another forum: "Learn to play with what you have, and get good at it, rather than just looking for a quick fix that ensures you can beat any other player with the push of a button (yes, I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean)."
  70 posts on 3 pages  First page123Last page