KTX feature showcase: What if...
has been modified with rather interesting (and experimental!) new feature called anti-lag
. This feature makes your hitscan weapons to hit what you see
if you really aim in the center of it. The principal is this:
- The server sends you data to client on where you are, where items and players are.
- The client sends its point of view to the server.
- The server now corrects players' point of view information on server to help determining if there was a hit or no (temporary correction).Read:
When determining if your hitscan weapon hit, your client helps the server to know if you were aiming something that should count as hit.This feature affects:
- Your hitscan weapons (LG, SG, SSG) hit on spot regardless of your pingThis feature does not affect:
- Movement in any way
- Projectiles in any way
- Picking up items in any way
- Collision detection in any way
- the list continues...So how does this thing work?
There are two servers I have updated with this feature: quakeworld.fi:28001-8
(all ports) qw.intarweb.dk:27501-3
To enable the feature in KTX, type: (toggle, setting visible during countdown)
You also need this ezQuake test build
). Enable it in your client with:
Both conditions have to be met. I have already tested the feature and it seems to work properly. Now it's your chance to test the feature too, and to report if it works or not, or behaves strangely in any way.