7 posts on 1 page  1
Transfers
2010-12-25, 17:58
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Announcement of Mofo Academy

Hi,

Mob of Oddballs are expanding to become an Academy, and so are opening our doors to trial players wishing to join!

- Who can join?
During the trial period up until 20th Jan we are welcoming a range of players, from those who are relatively new to QW and have limited teamplay experience, to experienced veterans looking to compete and share their knowledge. We will be looking for the ability to listen & learn from mistakes, as well as an eagerness to participate, improve, and contribute. If you have any of these attributes and aren't committed to any team for EQL13, we'd love to hear from you.

- What kind of setup do you have?
We've spent the last few weeks sorting out our mm2 binds, which are based on tVS's ones used at the end of EQL12, and if needed we can help you implement them into your config.
We'll also be on mm3/mumble for the upcoming season, so will expect all trialists to have mumble set up for practices, even if you don't yet have a microphone.

- How often do you play?
We are aiming to play internal 4v4 pracs most evenings from 1st Jan 2011 with a mix of current members & triallists, as well as regularly playing against other clans. Internal 4v4 pracs will be very central to the development of the team. After the trial period (~20th Jan) we will continue with more focussed internal pracs, and if there is interest we will be entering 2 squads into EQL13.

- Why would you join?
If you're new and eager to learn, then being part of the mofo academy will mean you can learn the basics about strategy & teamplay by playing with & against a group of players who'll help you along the way, and you'll have a very real chance to play on an EQL13 squad when it starts. If you're experienced then you'll be able to play 4v4 practices very frequently, with a bunch of players who are all eager to improve as a team before EQL13 begins, and you'll have the
opportunity to teach new players what you've learnt over the years, thus contributing positively to the QW scene.

- OK, what happens now?
Either reply here, drop me a message through the qw.nu forum system, or come onto #mofo on IRC (irc.quakenet.eu.org) to say you're interested in trialling, and you'll be added to the mailing list. Then hang out in #mofo when you can and take part in the internal pracs!

Darff
Mob of Oddballs
2010-12-27, 13:52
Administrator
334 posts

Jan 2006
Sounds like an interesting opportunity and I would have jumped on it if I didn't have prior commitments.
But any player should be happy to check it out. Good luck with it
ready!
2010-12-29, 01:10
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Cheers para. We have already had a great response and are looking forward to getting more players together & playing more internal pracs. Had a good mix of players willing to learn & willing to teach so far!
2011-01-04, 08:25
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
bump. Still accepting players into the academy, get in touch via #mofo if you're interested!
2011-01-05, 13:15
386 posts

Apr 2006
Something like this definitely has a lot of potential to present a less "hostile" and more flexible venue for practice and improvement than mixes or straight-up clan practices. Best of luck with it!

(bump)
2011-01-14, 11:52
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
One week left to contact myself of burps about joining the Mofo academy for at least the trial period. Although we haven't enough players for regular internal 4v4s yet, we have been playing many pracs in recent days, and when EQL comes around we expect to be playing internal games regularly. If you're new to QW then joining the academy and taking part in these internal games should provide a good environment to learn & improve with a view to participating in future EQLs.

Contact myself or burps either through this forum or in #mofo on IRC
2011-03-06, 15:41
212 posts

Apr 2006
I only recently got back (part-time) to QW and had to check who Mob of Oddballs are, because Dib asked us to play EQL tonight, so I had to look for information on your team. Via Wiki I was lead to this thread and I would like to express my respect for your project, Darff. All the best wishes to you and your team, hopefully many new players will take part in your project and enrich the qw scene with their presence permanently.
  7 posts on 1 page  1