European Quake League
2007-07-11, 00:37
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
Interview with Stroller
2006-01-28 20:17 by Nimfo

Quote:
<Nimfo> Hi, tell me a little about yourself like real name, age, nationality, what do you do on your spare time?

<str0ller> I'm Martin Sundberg, I live in Stockholm, Sweden, I'm 18 years old. I play a lot of Quake 6-8 hours per day, but I also like to play music, bass guitar and sing.

<Nimfo> Nice! When and how did you get in touch with Quake ?

<str0ller> i kinda like idling, it's fun just to sit and talk on irc or specc matches. I'm also one of the guys doing the famous qhlan. I started Quake last winter. Lornelin was pushing me to qw, I had no other option. I played with egda in the start then i went over to qoh.

<Nimfo> Oh well, then what games did you play before? And now besides Quake?

<str0ller> Hehe I was playing Starcraft, Warcraft 2, HOMM3

<Nimfo> What kind of PC and equipments do you have?

<str0ller> I have p4 3000+ and some other shitty things. But I like my mx510 and my mousepad allsop, they are always good for me.

<Nimfo> I guess you like 4on4 games, but what other types? Have you ever been playing single player through?

<str0ller> I like 2on2 and povdmm4, end or endif. I really hate 1on1, it makes me shit my pants so I stopped playing 1on1 games. I had no Internet for 1 month then I played single player.

<Nimfo> Which map is your favourite and which one(s) do you hate, and why?

<str0ller> I love e1m2 because i saw LA playing it against CMF at qhlan last year, and that was soooo good game. That's why I love it. And I like that because no one can make a map lock on it a whole game.
And I don't like DM2 much because you can rape a team on it, but also you can be raped. It's sort of lucky spawns map. I hate to be maplocked on it. Spawn and die =)

<Nimfo> Have you ever tried the CTF or Rocket Arena mods? And if so, what's your opinion about them?

<str0ller> I tryed both, And i sucked on CTF. I got raped really bad, but I guess it's fun, I had lots of fun being raped on it. But I really like rocket arena. I played it lots this week, it's fun and gives you more qw skills.

<Nimfo> What's your opinion of the league? I mean the pointing system, transitions to other divs, no rjscrips etc. Are the rules fair?

<str0ller> I like the system, it's like the Swedish hockey league: exciting and fair.

<Nimfo> What do you think of players who use timers, not just experience and skill to predict events?

<str0ller> I'll tell you this, before the time of the timers everyone used eggclocks. I heard that Dag, Sassa and Trash used it. So I think it's a good thing using timers.

<Nimfo> Did you find your place in SD.P? Do you think everything's going fine there or something should be improved and what would that be?

<str0ller> Once I went in to the SuddenDeath channel and Trash told me to play in sd.p. That was a little bit strange, but I think sd.p is great for me and the rest of the crew.
I think we should get a better tp. We have great players. Lat is a great overall player, peppe has tp like no other guy I met except Sassa maybe =). Dmg is really good in "fixing" maps using rockets. Kim has grown much as a qw player since he stared, and have become a great overall player to kill enemies with rl =). Grymmt is most likely a high div 4 player, and his biggest problem is his computer. Hustak is good when he is playing. Urs is a great lallare and hardcampa is a great ffa player.
We just need some more tp and we will win against the hardest teams in div5!

<Nimfo> now some fast questions

<Nimfo> divisions or ladder?

<str0ller> divisions

<Nimfo> quad or pent?

<str0ller> pent

<Nimfo> hamburger or salad?

<str0ller> hamburger

<Nimfo> pop or rock?

<str0ller> pop-rock=)

<Nimfo> usa or russia?

<str0ller> norway

<Nimfo> beer or wine?

<str0ller> beer!!!

<Nimfo> hawaii or lapland?

<str0ller> hawaii

<Nimfo> technology improvement or global peace?

<str0ller> global peace

<Nimfo> Finally, do you have any other ideas you wish to share with the eql readers?

<str0ller> No, just keep playing the best game ever: qw 4 ever!

<Nimfo> well, thanks for getting me out of trouble and spare some time. GL and HF to the upcoming events!

<str0ller> tnx u 2!

Comments

#1 2006-01-28 20:31 by RAMorYan (ObeRon)

Érdekes... Látszott rajtad Nimfo, hogy mennyire érdekel a dolog... DD

#2 2006-01-28 20:44 by EnginEEr

nice fast questions

#3 2006-01-29 00:29 by stroller

nice=)

#4 2006-01-29 00:34 by Peppe

Yea! stroller my man *kram*
great interview nimf! *puss*

#5 2006-01-29 00:49 by xazqe

Hey brorsan! =)) Really nice getting your own interview, stroller is the shit

\stroller 4 president/ *kjam*

#6 2006-01-29 01:30 by phrenic

<Nimfo> hawaii or lapland?
<str0ller> hawaii

... im dissing you
<3 lappland

#7 2006-01-29 01:55 by dmg

nice interview!

and i agree with phrenic. Lappland ftw!

#8 2006-01-29 02:00 by PICKE

Really nice interview, and good questions, stroller is just like me, he hates that I hate and he loves that I love

HF

#9 2006-01-29 12:06 by hardcampa

Nice one stroller, and yes I like FFA =P...I get to kill maim and insult players I don't know... everything you may want in a game! \o/ \o_

Urs = lallare haha that one was good (and true).

#10 2006-01-29 13:57 by Urs

lol
Hmm, 6-8 hours a day...no wonder I suck!
=)

#11 2006-01-29 18:40 by sassa

SDE - Stroller Done Extreme

\o/ nice interview and <3 stroll

#12 2006-01-29 21:19 by trashie

i never used eggclock :/ i used madskillz

#13 2006-01-29 23:23 by Lornelin

\o/

#14 2006-01-31 08:46 by apa

"<Nimfo> beer or wine?"

whine?!

#15 2006-01-31 13:41 by stroller

=)=)=) apas tappra gossar=) atg 4 ever=)
  1 post on 1 page  1