1 post on 1 page  1
European Quake League
2007-07-11, 00:34
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
Division 3 interview - mm
2006-01-19 21:13 by Racersnigeln

I got an interview with the starplayer mm from Shadow Minions.

Quote:

What is your irl status? Like name firtsname if you are shy), age, work/school and other basic stuff?

My real name is Stefan and I currently study at komvux in Stockholm, Sweden. On my spare time I like to work out (gym/thaiboxing) play qw and smoke weed =)

Give us a brief resumé of your qw career. How and when did you start and why do you keep playing?

I started playing rq(regular quake) in -98. I played with LA(Lost Angels) for a while
Autumn of -00 I started playing quake3, and I played it for about three years, and I played one season in eurocup before I quit playing Quake3.
In the early year of -03, I was fed up with Quake3 I wanted to play something else, so I begun with qw. And now I keep playing qw mostly because I really don’t have anything better to do =)

What is the greatest moment in your qw career?

I don’t really have any greatest moment(s) yet, but I hope I got some stuff to brag about after this season in EQL2.
There is one thing I could mentionhough, once we beat DT on dm2. =) It was the first and only time we ever beat a div1 team.

And the worst moment?

Hmm, maybe the final in NQR4 vs PE, it was a quite disappointing because I played terrible, I let my team down, and PE won.

What sort of qw game style do you prefer the most? 1on1, 2on2, 4on4, ffa or other?

I enjoy 2on2 the most, but the other is fun to. I prefer 2on2 because I can control most of the map myself. 1on1 is sometimes too much cs, even though I like to play cs myself, but I really get annoyed when my opponents play like that =)

You're good in QW as we know - Can you see yourself playing any other multiplayer game on the same level as you play QW?

I think I was better at Quake3. as I said before, I played in eurocup for a season, the highest division. I came second place in a Quake3 4on4-tournament at DreamHack 2002, won 8000 SEK(about $1000, split in 4)
One time I won a 1on1-tournament in RQ and I won $1000 =)

Do you usually whine alot during games or do you belong to the quiet ones who just keep playing and have a fun time whether you win or loose?

I get frustrated sometimes, but I usually whine irl, like screaming
"VAD TĂ…L DU?!?!" (whats your hp?), I'll leave the teamwhine to blaps and mooseman who mostly whines in ts2.

According to me, you're the starplayer in sm, but who in your team do you think is the key to the most victories?

Blaps of course, he got some amazing clan leading abilities, u wouldn’t believe the things he know, without him we would be completely lost.

Where in the division do you think your team will end up?

I think if we have our best lineup and some luck, we might win divison3 =)

What team will give you the most difficult time to win a game in divison3?

To be honest, I think with our best lineup only Veterans can give us trouble, but the thing is aap isn’t allowed to play qw, He got to satisfy his girlfriend.. All the time :/

What team will win div1?

I would say LA, nabbe is really good, and I hope to see dag playing some.

What do you think about EQL- good and bad things with it? Compare it to NQR, is EQL better or worse?

Eql seems to be more active, with previews and such. But overall I think it’s about the same.

Would you like to see another season of smackdown? Why or why not?

I don’t know what smackdown is, but sure =).

Whats the most fun - to play vs. a team thats alot better than you, or alot worse?

It's more fun to play against way worse teams, I hate being spawnraped for 20min, but I really like to play teams that are a just a little bit more skilled. I like the challenging part in QW, like sneak attacks, the RL war at quad, or both teams fighting at pent when it's about to spawn.

Ok, here comes some quick questions

Besmella or QW.nu
qw.nu

TB3 or kenya?
TB3

Playstation or Xbox?
Xbox definately.

RL or shaft?
Shaft with truelightning =)

Speccing div1-games or playing div5-games?
Playing div5-games, I don’t like speccing

fallbunny on or fallbunny off?
Fallbunny? Whats that?

Airgib or quadrun?
quadrun

dag or griffin?
dag

BGSR or BGSD?
wtf?

Nqr or EQL?
EQL

Milton or ParadokS?
Milton, I might be wrong but paradoks seems to be an asshole (no offence)
because I think he has a bad attitude, calling people he playes with/against
for noobs and so on. I don't think he realizes that most people in the qw scene
plays because they think its fun.

Shotgan Trick Bud or Sassa?
Sassa

Anything you would like to add or tell your fans?
Yes - smoke alot of weed

Alright then, thanks alot for your time, and good luck in Divison 3
Thanks, and you're welcome

Comments

#1 2006-01-19 21:22 by nopee

lol

#2 2006-01-19 21:26 by sassa

DreamHack 2002, won 8000 SEK(about $1000, split in 4)
One time I won a 1on1-tournament in RQ and I won $1000 =)

Shiiit ur pro When and were was that RQ $1k tourney?

#3 2006-01-19 21:27 by hdr

ill try..

#4 2006-01-19 21:27 by nas

#5 2006-01-19 22:24 by Ă…ke Vader

Seems like a nice bloke who're kind of new and not that into the scene, just enjoy the game. Nice interview!

#6 2006-01-19 23:04 by stefan

mm är fan dyngmannen. gl grabben

#7 2006-01-21 16:01 by swi

keep on gibbing!

#8 2006-01-23 14:37 by Hagge

mm for div1! \o/
  1 post on 1 page  1