User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Help  ‹  G5 logitech blues
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2006-05-30, 11:37
60 posts

May 2006
Got used to my the shape of my mouse at work (mx518) so bought myself a G5 for home. got some issues with the bad boy.

It keeps un-loading its self from its usb port. basically it disconnects after 5mins or so (or a hour if it wants to get my hopes up).

It fails in 2 stages....

1st it's as if it loses contact with the logitech setpoint software. I know this cause I have my dpi set to 2000 and the dpi buttons set to various things in PS and max. So when the setpoint fails its dpi drops to the default 800 and ther + & - buttons once again are bound to the default dpi adjustment.

2nd after that it unloads from itself from my usb ports, sometimes i get the windows unplugging sound, sometimes I don't. The power stays on the mouse and sll its leds are on. Sometimes I can plug it back in, change to one of the other usb ports, or sometimes it finds the device again.

I've tried everything, default drivers, re-installation, reg-cleans, default usb rates, bios updates, stopping windows from shutting down my usb ports to save power. nothing seems to work. Any ideas would be appreciated (besides re-installing windows)

PS does any one else have a G5, cause in the device manager it loads 2 "HID complient devices" and 2 "USB-human interface devices" into the HID plus its G5 driver under mouse and keyboard devices. Seems weird but it works and there seems to be no special driver for it in the HID unlike the mx518 at work
2006-05-30, 13:09
55 posts

Mar 2006
sounds to me like the cable inside the housing is broken. maybe you can test it a bit by moving the cable and noticing when you get the 'unplugged' sound.
2006-06-01, 11:33
60 posts

May 2006
vleesch wrote:
sounds to me like the cable inside the housing is broken. maybe you can test it a bit by moving the cable and noticing when you get the 'unplugged' sound.

nah tried that, even tried in the bastard in another comp. this mouse was sent by satan to torture me, I think I've fixed it then in dies on me in at the worst times.
  3 posts on 1 page  1