User panel stuff on forum
  8 posts on 1 page  1
Maps & Textures
2017-09-17, 20:29
Administrator
284 posts

Sep 2015
Whether you had a chance to participate in the tournament, or have just been playing for fun, please leave any feedback on the map (geometry, navigation, items, whatever) here.

From what I can remember from various conversations (who-ever said these to me, feel free to explain properly below):
  • Some areas felt larger than they needed to be, could perhaps shape corners to make them smaller (eg red & above red)
  • SNG ramp useless, make a jump pad or just somehow more useful
  • Behind SNG could be cut away somehow, to allow spam shots for players going from tele exit to RA
  • Highlight the tele exit with different brush/texture
  • Corridors being too wide
  • Spawns at the centre led to streaks of spawns with no real hope of escaping

Might have been others, apologies if I've forgotten
2017-09-18, 10:03
152 posts

Feb 2012
This map was the only one I could come up with after analyzing my whole map folder for playable duel maps. I also love travelert6 but VVD is adamant it's not playable in a tourney ).

While it's originally my suggestion, I'm still not sure how monsoon will work out in its present state.

From the top of my head:

- too many spawns below mega, I've had enormous streaks in that area.

-When you stand at mega area you're able to control all exits from YA-LG with minimum effort. It's still up to debate whether that can be exploited THAT much. Lurq once proposed to wall off the section there and I agree. All in all same mechanic exists in certain places on Aerowalk, too, or DM4 or Bravado.

-You can move a few meters away from that place - and you can control all exits from RA now. And there are cells there, too. Again, remains to be seen whether that's exploitable.

-YA-LG might be too easy to defend against opponent without LG/ too easy to deny LG. If you're in the lead and you know your opponent doesn't have LG you can just stay there at LG and even if the enemy is 200/200 he's going to have a hard time vs LG. However, might be possible to use boomstick there as a very valid workaround to win a better position to then chase away enemy from LG. Still, perhaps an item placement flaw overall.

-Maybe too many healthpacks, but some people suggested it'll rather help the side that's running away. Again: remains to be seen.

I don't think that the map is too wide btw. It has very high ceiling and a lot of 'unnecessary' space in the air, but despite that I think it's OK space-wise.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.” (c) Johan Cruyff
2017-09-19, 06:17
49 posts

Jul 2017
Let's play DM1 next time - i will join championship for sure)
2017-09-19, 07:06
28 posts

Jul 2013
Just change nothing ! At beginning i was puzzled, but after 10 duels in a row against lordlame, i just loved. Games are low scores and very intense. You can reach big speeds, you have to attack viciously, and keep the map control on big distances. Bravado was a bit like aero in his gameplay, but monsoon#td is so atypical.
I stronly recommend to play this map to all players who like duels. I think i could prefer this map more than aero and ztn, i just hope community will be opened to a new map in the map pool.
2017-09-19, 09:56
60 posts

Sep 2016
NPH wrote:
Just change nothing ! At beginning i was puzzled, but after 10 duels in a row against lordlame, i just loved. Games are low scores and very intense. You can reach big speeds, you have to attack viciously, and keep the map control on big distances. Bravado was a bit like aero in his gameplay, but monsoon#td is so atypical.
I stronly recommend to play this map to all players who like duels. I think i could prefer this map more than aero and ztn, i just hope community will be opened to a new map in the map pool.

Agreed
2017-09-19, 14:36
343 posts

Feb 2006
Did you guys try q1q3hektik?
ProjectQ1Q3, Frogbot Waypoint and Map Conversion Tutorial @ http://mickkn.mooo.com
2017-09-19, 19:33
152 posts

Feb 2012
Mick wrote:

personally didn't like it because of how many walled-off places to hide there are.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.” (c) Johan Cruyff
2017-09-20, 01:26
News Writer
183 posts

May 2013
Mick wrote:

I think it is good fun for playing small 3 - 4 player FFA but not so much for duel. Too easy in duel for one player to control all items. Maybe if the GA was replaced with a 2nd YA it may be a bit more balanced.
  8 posts on 1 page  1