User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2017-03-20, 23:49
3 posts

Mar 2017
For some reason, every single time I quit nQuake and launch it with "Play Quakeworld" it keeps resetting my settings and messing up the font width constantly. I'm not sure how to fix this because even when I tell it to save my config on quit it will not do it when I launch it through the shortcut on the Start menu. Help?
2017-03-21, 08:23
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Did you try to do a manual save before exit with cfg_save <config_name>? Omitting a name will save it as config.cfg which ends up being default.

Welcome to the QuakeWorld.nu forum btw!
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2017-03-21, 09:51
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
you can also use:

/cfg_save_onquit 1

This will save every time you quit the game. It is better to manually save your config (as mentioned above) just when you specifically change something
2017-03-21, 23:24
3 posts

Mar 2017
I did this and it still won't work. I've used the console save and have "autosave on quit" selected and it still keeps resetting everything so I have to keep changing my controls back every single time I launch the game. I'm not sure what's causing it and it's frustrating me.

Edit: It looks like it doesn't automatically load whatever config I had saved. Instead it just resets and I have to manually load the config every time with "Import config", except this shouldn't be happening if I told it to autosave on quit. Even when I use console commands to autosave on quit it will not work. Either I have a broken version of the client or something else is going on.

Edit 2: I reinstalled the game in a different folder and now it saves. It was initially just a root folder and I guess that affected something.
  4 posts on 1 page  1